Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game prompted you to create an account on

TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member

Well for me I created this account back in 05 as you all can see and that was beacuse I got a link from Dark and Light forum to this site showing off some new screenshots of the game.

So I desided to create an account and join in, man what a ride, I'm quite stunned I haven't been perm ban yet ( going thrue old respons i have made).

So a quote from Zion from The Matrix

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• ScarfeScarfe londonPosts: 281Member
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Well for me I created this account back in 05 as you all can see and that was beacuse I got a link from Dark and Light forum to this site showing off some new screenshots of the game.

So I desided to create an account and join in, man what a ride, I'm quite stunned I haven't been perm ban yet ( going thrue old respons i have made).

So a quote from Zion from The Matrix

The lack of a game I was enjoying made me join.  Was hoping for some inspiration but instead I have just bashed GW2 a lot. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

I think I was getting tired of WoW and just starting to get interested in MMORPGs in general.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KuppaKuppa Boulder, COPosts: 3,292Member Uncommon
    Guild Wars. Was the first time I wanted tons of info on an mmo.

• SenadinaSenadina San Diego, CAPosts: 896Member Uncommon
    Been here a long time, but think it was  WoW that prompted me to join.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Stevens Point, WIPosts: 392Member Uncommon
    My hunt for a new game brought me here. Read for a few months before actually joining because it seemed that there were quite a few people that had my viewpoint on where we are at for MMOs and where we'd like them to go in the future. Not really a specific game, but just the mass of very similar games coming out that made me sign up.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• ScottgunScottgun Williamsville, NYPosts: 356Member Common
    Can't remember. Joined in '07, so perhaps LotRO.

Now we're calling prostitutes "sex workers". What's next? Calling hit men "end-of-life technicians"?

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel houston, TXPosts: 7,293Member Uncommon

I think it was SWG... or maybe CoH...  its been so long...

Where am I?

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

• JakdstripperJakdstripper British Columbia, CanadaPosts: 2,130Member Uncommon
    can't quite's been a while....but i think it was after i left WoW and was looking for something else to play. at first i was just using the Game List tool, i thought it was awesome. then i started looking at the upcoming relases and Hype meter. Afte that i actually started it forums...and now i'm just an addicted forum troll.
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,486Member Uncommon
    How about: none?

I just wanted to talk to people about this and that :).
  • XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 5,020Member Uncommon

Spring '08.  No specific game had me join.  Just wanted to get more exposure to the MMORPG genre.

It's been a fun ride.  Learned plenty.  I'm not much of a socializer or debater, but join in conversation if I find a topic interesting.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DreddNoxxDreddNoxx Victoria, BCPosts: 10Member Uncommon

Ah yeah... it has been a while.  I think I was playing Neocron and SWG when I joined... might have had an Anarchy Online sub going as well, or Asheron's Call 2.  

I was looking for a site that contained game info and release dates for this specific genre, and stumbled uppon  Previously I used to visit for all my release date info, which ultimately bit the dust in 2004.

Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul!

• DaxamarDaxamar Green Cove Springs, FLPosts: 554Member
    No specific reason. Just wanted to know more about the games that are out there. Yeah, a long time ago. :)
  • FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,358Member Uncommon

Can't recall, if it was due to a game or just general chit-chat eagerness about MMORPG's

Too ancient account :D

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

• kostoslavkostoslav somborPosts: 459Member
    When I got tired of WoW first time I started to come here, then few years after I made an account
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,528Member Uncommon

Was playing Lineage 2, knew of EQ and had tried Shadowbane for 10 minutes (prior to L2) and just couldn't get into the game world.

I don't remember if I had tried the wow beta by this time or not but I was wondering what other types of mmo's were out there so joined here.

• erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,019Member Uncommon

For me it was Lotro. Turbine told is if we came over here and created an account, we would get a free cloak if we voted LOTRO game of the year. Thus fixing the vote. This was also the same year that Turbine fixed the vote for march madness over at the excapist magazine.

• revslaverevslave ..., NYPosts: 154Member Uncommon

I believe it was my transition from FFXI to WoW that lead me to this site.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Uncommon

Had been lurking here and other places for months. Had been following the development of STO and created my account with the intention of making just one post. There was a bunch of misinformation going around at that time, and I foolishly thought I could clear some of it up.

Then I never left.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLPosts: 887Member Uncommon
    Vendetta Online.

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
    Check it out on Steam

• AstraeisAstraeis AmsterdamPosts: 331Member Uncommon
    The Chronicles of Spellborn. I miss it, even the howlers.

It takes one to know one.

• GreyfaceGreyface Detroit, MIPosts: 390Member

That's a great question.  I'm not really sure.

In May 2004...  hmmmm.   I was still playing DAoC after the Trials of Atlantis expansion in 2003, but I had quit sometimel before New Frontiers in June 2004.  I think I must have been gameless.  Makes sense, as this is where I always go when I'm gameless.

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon

i guess everquest but i was seeking gaming sites in general -- not specific to my current mmo

at the time, was my favorite gaming site  (now defunct)

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Simpsonville, SCPosts: 777Member
    Gw2, and I try to stay in my own forums : P
  • TheelyTheely Posts: 368Member Uncommon

I joined for a few reasons:

1. More info on Dark and Light and Morning (or whatever it was called at the time)
    2. The awesome give-a-ways it use to have.
    3. The friendly community it use to have.
    Now I just lurk because everything above has vanished.
  • guascoguasco Calla Bryn SturgisPosts: 68Member Uncommon
    WoW and Lotro