Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game prompted you to create an account on mmorpg.com?

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Well for me I created this account back in 05 as you all can see and that was beacuse I got a link from Dark and Light forum to this site showing off some new screenshots of the game.

So I desided to create an account and join in, man what a ride, I'm quite stunned I haven't been perm ban yet ( going thrue old respons i have made).

So a quote from Zion from The Matrix

WE ARE STILL HERE!

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Well for me I created this account back in 05 as you all can see and that was beacuse I got a link from Dark and Light forum to this site showing off some new screenshots of the game.

So I desided to create an account and join in, man what a ride, I'm quite stunned I haven't been perm ban yet ( going thrue old respons i have made).

So a quote from Zion from The Matrix

WE ARE STILL HERE!

The lack of a game I was enjoying made me join.  Was hoping for some inspiration but instead I have just bashed GW2 a lot. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I think I was getting tired of WoW and just starting to get interested in MMORPGs in general.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Guild Wars. Was the first time I wanted tons of info on an mmo.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896
    Been here a long time, but think it was  WoW that prompted me to join.

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    My hunt for a new game brought me here. Read for a few months before actually joining because it seemed that there were quite a few people that had my viewpoint on where we are at for MMOs and where we'd like them to go in the future. Not really a specific game, but just the mass of very similar games coming out that made me sign up.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    Can't remember. Joined in '07, so perhaps LotRO.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

I think it was SWG... or maybe CoH...  its been so long...

Where am I?

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    can't quite remember...it's been a while....but i think it was after i left WoW and was looking for something else to play. at first i was just using the Game List tool, i thought it was awesome. then i started looking at the upcoming relases and Hype meter. Afte that i actually started it forums...and now i'm just an addicted forum troll.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Spring '08.  No specific game had me join.  Just wanted to get more exposure to the MMORPG genre.

It's been a fun ride.  Learned plenty.  I'm not much of a socializer or debater, but join in conversation if I find a topic interesting.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DreddNoxxDreddNoxx Member UncommonPosts: 10

Ah yeah... it has been a while.  I think I was playing Neocron and SWG when I joined... might have had an Anarchy Online sub going as well, or Asheron's Call 2.  

I was looking for a site that contained game info and release dates for this specific genre, and stumbled uppon mmorpg.com  Previously I used to visit gonegold.com for all my release date info, which ultimately bit the dust in 2004.

Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul!

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    No specific reason. Just wanted to know more about the games that are out there. Yeah, a long time ago. :)
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Can't recall, if it was due to a game or just general chit-chat eagerness about MMORPG's

Too ancient account :D

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    When I got tired of WoW first time I started to come here, then few years after I made an account
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Was playing Lineage 2, knew of EQ and had tried Shadowbane for 10 minutes (prior to L2) and just couldn't get into the game world.

I don't remember if I had tried the wow beta by this time or not but I was wondering what other types of mmo's were out there so joined here.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

For me it was Lotro. Turbine told is if we came over here and created an account, we would get a free cloak if we voted LOTRO game of the year. Thus fixing the vote. This was also the same year that Turbine fixed the vote for march madness over at the excapist magazine.

• revslaverevslave Member UncommonPosts: 154

Hello

I believe it was my transition from FFXI to WoW that lead me to this site.

rev.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

STO

Had been lurking here and other places for months. Had been following the development of STO and created my account with the intention of making just one post. There was a bunch of misinformation going around at that time, and I foolishly thought I could clear some of it up.

Then I never left.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Vendetta Online.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    The Chronicles of Spellborn. I miss it, even the howlers.

It takes one to know one.

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

That's a great question.  I'm not really sure.

In May 2004...  hmmmm.   I was still playing DAoC after the Trials of Atlantis expansion in 2003, but I had quit sometimel before New Frontiers in June 2004.  I think I must have been gameless.  Makes sense, as this is where I always go when I'm gameless.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i guess everquest but i was seeking gaming sites in general -- not specific to my current mmo

at the time, rpgdot.com was my favorite gaming site  (now defunct)

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Gw2, and I try to stay in my own forums : P
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430

I joined for a few reasons:

1. More info on Dark and Light and Morning (or whatever it was called at the time)
    2. The awesome give-a-ways it use to have.
    3. The friendly community it use to have.

Now I just lurk because everything above has vanished.
  • guascoguasco Member UncommonPosts: 68
    WoW and Lotro

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    I had pretty much quit EQ and was waiting for CoH beta to start, if I remember correctly.