Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple null sec corp tax rate question

KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Hello fellow capsuleers!

I've been thinking about joining a null sec corp and I'm trying to figure out which one should I apply to. I'm interested in one particular corp, but I see their corp tax rate is 15% atm. Is it too much, or that's a fair tax for a null corp.

Cheers!

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Comments

• LilanLilan Member UncommonPosts: 62

deppends.

some charge 30%, some charge 0%.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Corporate tax rates really only benfit the corp if you do activities generally associated with High Sec/Low Sec space such as mission running, Incursions etc.

Null sec activties tend to center around enterprises than aren't taxed, so doesn't really matter if the corp tax rate is 50%, they aren't getting anything from you.

In fact, because of this reason, some null sec corps just charge the members a flat fee, say 50-100M a month to help support corp activities such as home defense and what not.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

The normal rate is 10% with some bumping to 100% during CTAs (Call to Arms) to discourage people from not participating in the CTA.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

Originally posted by Kyleran

Corporate tax rates really only benfit the corp if you do activities generally associated with High Sec/Low Sec space such as mission running, Incursions etc.

Null sec activties tend to center around enterprises than aren't taxed, so doesn't really matter if the corp tax rate is 50%, they aren't getting anything from you.

In fact, because of this reason, some null sec corps just charge the members a flat fee, say 50-100M a month to help support corp activities such as home defense and what not.

This is totally wrong. Most people in nulsec get their ISK from ratting, which is taxed.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.

lol if your in a 100% tax cta corp, i surgest you start packing as thats a sign of being a failure corp
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

This is totally wrong. Most people in nulsec get their ISK from ratting, which is taxed.

depends, there are some corps that require like 100M/month, in exchange you get other benefits, like unlimited t2 ammo, always 100% reimbursements, unlimited fuel and other benefits.

If you got decent ratting space you earn that money in no time.

and yes, some CEO's are greedy and want you to pay for their plexes.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Lilan
    lol if your in a 100% tax cta corp, i surgest you start packing as thats a sign of being a failure corp

Edited my post :P

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Exactly, I was expecting to get my ISK ratting and hence my concern. Anyway, I guess 15% it's not too bad if the corp is worth it, and from what I've read I think it can be the case.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Originally posted by Krematory

Exactly, I was expecting to get my ISK ratting and hence my concern. Anyway, I guess 15% it's not too bad if the corp is worth it, and from what I've read I think it can be the case.

Yeah, 15% isn't terrible. The issue is what you get for that ISK.

Originally posted by Krematory

Yeah, 15% isn't terrible. The issue is what you get for that ISK.

sov is expensive, offices get expensive, contributing to alliance srp gets expensive.

Some corps carebear more than others so they need less tax to cover expenses.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

If you're getting a ship replacement program, a corp logistics program to move your ships, jump bridges, upgraded systems & so forth, 15% is reasonable.

If the corp doesn't do anything for you but make promises about what they "will" do for the members "as soon as we have the...." then it's exploitative and you've joined a scam corp.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Malcanis

If you're getting a ship replacement program, a corp logistics program to move your ships, jump bridges, upgraded systems & so forth, 15% is reasonable.

Yeah, that's the theory :) I'm not there yet, so I can't rly tell if it's all legit. Time will tell...