Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF dodges macro question - macroing is in

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Edelbert
    Originally posted by Panossian

Macro'ing is something that's going to happen in any sandbox/skill based game, it's been around long before DF. It's just an evil that will always exist.

Here come the excuses...

If you'd bothered reading the thread you'd see theres no need for excuses.  Alas, the above statement is true and macroing is a part of  MMO's.

Anyway, Thanks for sharing your wisdom and welcome to site. image

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I apologize, but most of these statements are silly.  If the time required to level is lower, then isn't this a non issue?  AV lowered it in Darkfall 1 and said they were going to keep it low for DF2 as they realized it was an issue before.  What the hell do you guys want from them?  lol
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Macros didn't exist in MO deathshroud? You have to be joking. Everyone I've met I'm that game macroed to level the following:

1:sprint macros for breathing technique
    2: macros to max archery by shooting priest
    3: macro to max weapon skill/aggressive stance
    4: macro to raise crafting/delete 3rd item in bag
    5: macro for spell training(ecu,mental focus,etc)
    6: macro for snooping/pilfering
    7: macro for raising pet level after awakening
    8: macros to ride in a circle and max riding skills

The actual armor training and various movement skills are maxed by running into nets or buildings overnight. Get real mate, it happened in MO just the same. Any game that levels via repeated action is prone to macroing.

i didnt and the skills went up reasonably fast.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud
    Macros didn't exist in MO deathshroud? You have to be joking. Everyone I've met I'm that game macroed to level the following:

1:sprint macros for breathing technique
    2: macros to max archery by shooting priest
    3: macro to max weapon skill/aggressive stance
    4: macro to raise crafting/delete 3rd item in bag
    5: macro for spell training(ecu,mental focus,etc)
    6: macro for snooping/pilfering
    7: macro for raising pet level after awakening
    8: macros to ride in a circle and max riding skills

The actual armor training and various movement skills are maxed by running into nets or buildings overnight. Get real mate, it happened in MO just the same. Any game that levels via repeated action is prone to macroing.

i didnt and the skills went up reasonably fast.

This isnt the MO forum, feel free to discuss MO there.   k thnx

Lol sry Han, my bullshit tolerance is low. In any case, I don't see it being an issue like it was in DF1 thankfully.
    Lol sry Han, my bullshit tolerance is low. In any case, I don't see it being an issue like it was in DF1 thankfully.

You mean macroing?   Those macroing issues from Darkfall 1 have been addressed and further improved upon in DF-UW. Its a NONISSUES!!!

Originally posted by Hancakes

You mean macroing?   Those macroing issues from Darkfall 1 have been addressed and further improved upon in DF-UW. Its a NONISSUES!!!

Thats what I've been saying the whole time you crazy.  I agree with you.

Being we only know a handful of things about DF-UW, someone has to find something to bitch about .image

Being we only know a handful of things about DF-UW, someone has to find something to bitch about .image

You ain't lying there lol.  

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338

Lol you don't think people having heal self, stam/mana/health conversions at 100 is an issue?   With the chance to get crits at 100 being confirmed in game?  Those macroable spells are critical.

The fact is you don't know how fast spells are going to level.  _If_ spells level at the previous period of DF (from a few months ago) it will still take months of casual play to get your support spells to 100.  I think you are assuming gains will go much faster but the truth is that it is more likely to be like gains were a few months ago (i.e. greatly increased from DF release, but still time consuming).  

You simply can't say macroing is a non-issue because we don't know how many casts it will take to get support spells to 100.

• NyiteShadeNyiteShade Member Posts: 3

Adam: Macroing won't exist inside NPC cities also, because you won't be able to hit anyone.

Vangelis: Yes, you won't be able to do that. You will be able to do that in all other cities. Theoretically someone will be able to do it, but it won't matter for various reasons. There is a new "currency" with which you develop your character, unlock new skills etc. which you won't be able to gain by macroing. You might be able to gain some skills but this would also happen in normal gameplay time.

source:http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=332241

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Obviously macroing will not be an issue this time around as all the reasons people macroed have been dealt with accordingly.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

Originally posted by Zushakon
    Obviously macroing will not be an issue this time around as all the reasons people macroed have been dealt with accordingly.

To all the people who ignored my thread when I posted it....

You were wrong, and I called it dead on.

Macroing has turned out  to be one of the biggest issues in DFUW.  If you believed Tasos, you got duped once again.  Once the NDA is lifted we can provide the details.

For now:  take a look at all the idiots in this thread who doubted me.

Originally posted by psykobilly

Macroing has turned out  to be one of the biggest issues in DFUW.  If you believed Tasos, you got duped once again.  Once the NDA is lifted we can provide the details.

What exaclty is the issue? You can now become PvP viable in no time without macroing. The things being macroed can be raised through normal play in a few days. The "need" is far less than in DF1. Please explain how macroing is "one of the biggest issues" in a  BETA that gets routinely wiped and is still evolving?  You didnt honestly think people wouldnt be macroing did you? Macros have always been a part of MMO gaming, like it or not.

What exaclty is the issue? You can now become PvP viable in no time without macroing. The things being macroed can be raised through normal play in a few days. The "need" is far less than in DF1. Please explain how macroing is "one of the biggest issues" in a  BETA that gets routinely wiped and is still evolving?  You didnt honestly think people wouldnt be macroing did you? Macros have always been a part of MMO gaming, like it or not.

[mod edit]

Umm... How long has it been since the last wipe and how many hours a day are the servers up? [mod edit]

Its simple math! Youre saying people can max every stat in a "few days" via macro.  There's only  24 hours in a day and lets assume the servers are up 22. (66-88 hours) Plus, you hardly need every stat to be viable, bringing the total hours required even lower.  Your rant holds NO weight!

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Macroing is only an issue if you enjopy playing the game legit.  Because if you do play legit youll get stomped by those who cheated.

This is going to be a major turnoff for a lot of people.  

I just dont understand why people cant just play the game as intended, if they wanted to make a game where everyone had everything after character creation they would...so macroing clearly isnt what they wanted.

Either way if they really do allow it like in 1.0 they can expect a low pop game full of cheaters just like 1.0 was.  I know im not sticking around this time if they allow it, theres no point to play unless you cheat like everyone else then.

Saddest part of this all is there seems to be a rather decent sized part of the community, who is also more vocal than any other  segment, that really....REALLY...wants AV the allow them to cheat.  Its really pathetic.

Oh and just so were clear here, to those not familair with darkfall terminology...macroing is botting.  They bot their skills up in a safe area until maxed out.  They call it macroing because you use a macro to do it, however its the same effect as botting in a themepark.  Only in this game you can use that advantage to take loot ect, so the results often very detrimental to new players and people who enjoy playing legit.

Not sure who in their right mind would want to play a FFA full loot game where most of the other players are months ahead after a week...talk about completely unfun pvp.

Originally posted by Crunchy222

Macroing is only an issue if you enjopy playing the game legit.  Because if you do play legit youll get stomped by those who cheated.

Unlike the gap in DF1, the gap between noob and being competitve can be bridged in a matter of weeks without macros.  So after the first month, all the QQing about macros isnt going to make much difference with the gains, boosters and role system balancing the field.

IT IS NOTHING LIKE DF1.

BTW...Big difference between a bot and a macro.

You seem rather misinformed on DFUW.

• ArnoagnsArnoagns Member Posts: 100

I thought this title was satire on how the MMO fanbase jumps to hasty conclusions, dramatically so,  might I add.

Upon realizing that OP is serious, do not argue with him guys. OP does not have a logical thought process.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Unlike the gap in DF1, the gap between noob and being competitve can be bridged in a matter of weeks without macros.  So after the first month, all the QQing about macros isnt going to make much difference with the gains, boosters and role system balancing the field.

IT IS NOTHING LIKE DF1.

Doesnt matter, no one wants to play a game where everyone cheats.  No new player who wants to play legit will want to play a game like this where everyone else cheats to get ahead.

And your mistaken if you think youll be getting maxed out in a few weeks.  People are going to macro up those stats, which are a big factor...and there still remains a decent amount of progression in that.

There is no difference than using a computer program to level up skills vs using a computer program to level up levels.  Both are the same, no levels in this game.  If this were a themepark it would be called botting because its a bit more complex than using macros in darkfall...the effect is the same however.  Calling it macroing is more of a way to make it seem alright, which is pathetic that part of the community is hell bent on making it seem ok with their "legalize macroing" campaign.

If playing a game with progression is so painfull for you that you MUST bot to progress you really must get a new gaming hobby, mmorpgs are not for you buddy.

Its easy to attack the poster btw, ive been in 1.0 since the start and am in 2.0 now so i know exactly why your defending macroing skills up.  Its horrible that this segment of the DF community is now advertising this on a 3rd party site...

IT IS NOTHING LIKE DF1.

Doesnt matter, no one wants to play a game where everyone cheats.  No new player who wants to play legit will

Its easy to attack the poster btw, ive been in 1.0 since the start and am in 2.0 now so i know exactly why your defending macroing skills up.  Its horrible that this segment of the DF community is now advertising this on a 3rd party site...

So it doesnt matter? 

Are you playing a different Beta than the rest of us? Your statement regarding the current progression is laughable.  image

You should know certain players have already hit "X" stat level,  know when the server wiped and know how many hours a day the servers up. Macroing doesn't bend time. image There's a finite number of possible gaming hours available regardless if one macros or not.

Perhaps its you that picked the wrong mmo http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5352008#5352008

Since youre still confused: 

Macro :  repeatedly hits a key or series of keys  ( ie spamming left click to craft for example)

BOT : reacts to enviromental input and essentialy plays the game for you.

Here are the 3 major issues facing UW:

1.  You gain skills from players

2. You gain skills from mounts

3.  You can bug mobs into a stuck position

All stats and combat skills can be macroed to 100 using any of the above 3.  Any of the above 3 is a 'macro' situation where the player can use a gaming keyboard or macro program to gain skill while afk.

The time it takes max skills and stats with casual play (1-2 hours a day) will be months, versus several days for those who macro.  

-----

The solution to this whole mess is a diminshing return system where the player recieves less gains over time for hitting the same target over and over.  This effectively stops continual gains off of players, mounts, and bugged mobs.

If this is not implemented, we will see end game characters stomping the crap out of everyone at the end of the first two weeks of release.

If you can't see this is a major issue, you have problems.

Here are the 3 major issues facing UW:

1.  You gain skills from players

2. You gain skills from mounts

3.  You can bug mobs into a stuck position

All stats and combat skills can be macroed to 100 using any of the above 3.  Any of the above 3 is a 'macro' situation where the player can use a gaming keyboard or macro program to gain skill while afk.

The time it takes max skills and stats with casual play (1-2 hours a day) will be months, versus several days for those who macro.  

-----

The solution to this whole mess is a diminshing return system where the player recieves less gains over time for hitting the same target over and over.  This effectively stops continual gains off of players, mounts, and bugged mobs.

If this is not implemented, we will see end game characters stomping the crap out of everyone at the end of the first two weeks of release.

If you can't see this is a major issue, you have problems.

If you can only contribute 1-2 hours a day to DF perhaps you need to find another game , stick to crafting or macro. Of course you'll be behind most of the players base, macroing aside.image You'll accomplish almost nothing in 1 hour unless you stay in the safe zones. You'll have to group, regear, travel and account for any PvP. (repeat if you lose) You can easily become competitive in weeks given 3 hours a day, unlike many months in DF1. 

By your own admission you state people can max skill and stats in "several days for those who macro." This would have taken months in DF1 and is easily attainable without macro. As I've stated numerous times, the servers have only been up so long and there's only so many hours those people could have macro'd. 

[mod edit]

If you can only contribute 1-2 hours a day to DF perhaps you need to find another game , stick to crafting or macro. 

^^^^^ Can everyone else see how moronic this approach is to making a successful game?

If you can only contribute 1-2 hours a day to DF perhaps you need to find another game , stick to crafting or macro. 

^^^^^ Can everyone else see how moronic this approach is to making a successful game?

Wow ...grasping at straws now? 

Darkfall is a competitive progression based PVP centric MMO. What the hell to you expect? Should they just get rid of progression all together? Because your latest "arguement'" image has NOTHING to do with macroing.

If you put in 7 hours a week and I put in 20, guess what? My character will be futher along, just like any other progession based MMO. image

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

It is a little moronic - who has that much time to play games like this?