Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Turbines next MMORPG?

Turbine the makers of Asheron's Call, Dungeons & Dragons Online and  Lord of the Rings Online what are they up to?

Is there anyone who have any information on what their next MMORPG might be?

Comments

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Don't think anyone knows. The two biggest rumors since about a year ago has been Asheron's Call 3 and/or Harry Potter MMO.
  • FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by SunYam
     Harry Potter MMO.

??? YOU SERIOUS ???

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell
     Harry Potter MMO.

??? YOU SERIOUS ???

Yes it's been rumored for a bit now. After all who owns Harry Potter? WB does, who onws Turbine now? Again WB does.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Asherons Call 2!

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Don't think anyone knows. The two biggest rumors since about a year ago has been Asheron's Call 3 and/or Harry Potter MMO.

Isn't it a bit late for a Harry Potter MMORPG?

• nolins12nolins12 Member Posts: 9
    I have secret sources that tell me that they have begun working on a new MMO but that it is NOT Harry Potter related whatsoever.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Originally posted by nolins12
    I have secret sources that tell me that they have begun working on a new MMO but that it is NOT Harry Potter related whatsoever.

lol

Originally posted by DancingQueen

Why would it be? Harry Potter is still very popular. If someone does this and is done well, it'll be a huge hit.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    i may be wrong but didn't turbine say they have shifted their focus exclusively to publishing and not game making anymnore?

so say we all

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Who cares? Each of their MMOs has been worse than the last.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Kinda what I was thinking too.....While it still has some appeal to the hardcore fans , I think the mass appeal is probably gone......It will be interesting to see what Turbine comes up with next tho.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Theocritus

Kinda what I was thinking too.....While it still has some appeal to the hardcore fans , I think the mass appeal is probably gone......It will be interesting to see what Turbine comes up with next tho.

whatever it is they better change their usual crappy ui look..ddo and lotro are pretty much the same imo...FUGLY.although i do love lotro

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

JK Rowlings put a stop to the Harry Potter MMO back before Half Blood Prince hit the bookstores.  I think that they are in limbo right now.  Probably testing the waters for AC3 with the rerelease of AC2.  Hard to tell really.  They have access to the whole WB list of IPs to work from, possibly.  Doubt it will be an original projest though.  WB will want a near guaranteed hit...at least in the short term

Originally posted by Storman1977

JK Rowlings put a stop to the Harry Potter MMO back before Half Blood Prince hit the bookstores.  I think that they are in limbo right now.  Probably testing the waters for AC3 with the rerelease of AC2.  Hard to tell really.  They have access to the whole WB list of IPs to work from, possibly.  Doubt it will be an original projest though.  WB will want a near guaranteed hit...at least in the short term

What does Warner Brothers own that would be fit for a MMORPG?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Turbine the makers of Asheron's Call, Dungeons & Dragons Online and  Lord of the Rings Online what are they up to?

Is there anyone who have any information on what their next MMORPG might be?

I would imagine nothing anytime soon. You have to consider who owns Turbine now. The question should be "What is Warner Brothers next MMORPG?". At the moment there is no change with any of Turbines titles.  Other than to suck more money from its customer base. :-D

• kellyokiddkellyokidd Member UncommonPosts: 17

The big project that Turbine is working on right now is "Project Titan" and recently they registered a website called "Blackstone" which could be the future home for this "Project Titan" mmo.  My hope is this is in fact a Harry Potter MMO but it seems doubtful since JK Rowling is against any type of Harry Potter mmo.  Time will tell...........

Does anyone know the theme of Turbine's Project Titan?

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by kellyokidd

The big project that Turbine is working on right now is "Project Titan" and recently they registered a website called "Blackstone" which could be the future home for this "Project Titan" mmo.  My hope is this is in fact a Harry Potter MMO but it seems doubtful since JK Rowling is against any type of Harry Potter mmo.  Time will tell...........

Does anyone know the theme of Turbine's Project Titan?

Titan is Blizzard, not Turbine.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I'm not buying it whatever it is.  It's pretty damn hard to turn LOTR into a boring MMO.  Turbine did it from the start.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by kellyokidd

My hope is this is in fact a Harry Potter MMO but it seems doubtful since JK Rowling is against any type of Harry Potter mmo.  Time will tell...........

Considering how many other games have been made in the HP franchise, I wonder if Rowling can preent an MMO from being made.  I guess it depends on how long WB has the rights to make HP based games.

Originally posted by wolffin

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/asherons-call-2-resurrected-by-developers-7-years-after-it-died-20121214/

So there will be no Asheron's Call 3 or Harry Potter game?
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by wolffin

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/asherons-call-2-resurrected-by-developers-7-years-after-it-died-20121214/

So there will be no Asheron's Call 3 or Harry Potter game?

No, at least not in the near 3-4 year future

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

They really would have no reason to create another Asherons Call game. The first, while one of the greatest MMOs ever made was not popular at all and the second one failed horribly.

Even if they do make an AC3, it wont be like the first as it would be way too hard for the modern MMO player so who cares if they make it? Just to have another game with the name?

If they aren't going to remake the past, why cling to it? Time for something new.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by nolins12

Plus JK Roweling has an iron grip on the HP ip, including the movie rights. She is VERY hands-on with anything that touches this ip, so I highly doubt a Harry Potter MMO will ever see the light of day. WB may have made & distributed th movies, but their licensing rights are actually pretty limited (thanks to JK's mandatory approval processes).

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    I've never been a fan of studios making multiple MMOs ... I know some people are more focused on IP than gameplay, but I find myself thinking "if you have a good idea and you have an established game ... why isn't the new idea going into your  existing game?"
This discussion has been closed.