Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage - i was right -_-

Heinz130Heinz130 Member Posts: 227

I remember when i first knew about archeage developement some years ago,and i start to post about the archeage news i was following,like on this post for exemple http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/350379/page/1 and n00bs rush to flame some crap like: the game is ugly,it will be full of bugs etc of all king of n00bish flame bull shizz

Today its just the top voted game in development -_-

The game today,OBT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzJEq5ZkFXk

At this point do you have anymore n00bish BS to say?

:)

WoW 4ys,EVE 4ys,EU 4ys
FH1942 best tanker for 4years
Playing WWII OL for some years untill now
many other for some months

Comments

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Take my money!!!! Please!!!!
  • DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Please don't over hype this game. I'm extremely looking forward to it as much as anyone else but I hate how people over hype games. 

GW2 was so overhyped it made me hate the game without even having played it yet, to the point where I couldn't log onto this site because of all the bs posts about GW2 being the new Jesus Christ. 

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Heinz130

I remember when i first knew about archeage developement some years ago,and i start to post about the archeage news i was following,like on this post for exemple http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/350379/page/1 and n00bs rush to flame some crap like: the game is ugly,it will be full of bugs etc of all king of n00bish flame bull shizz

Want a cookie?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by Heinz130

So you made this thread to flame the inadequacies of all those naysayers who did not agree with you? Thats bright!

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527

These threads amuse me. Being voted top at any show is honestly pretty worthless. Keep in mind that Swtor won that award at one point too :)

Seriously. Do not get hyped or spread bs like this until you get hands on.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Please don't over hype this game. I'm extremely looking forward to it as much as anyone else but I hate how people over hype games. 

GW2 was so overhyped it made me hate the game without even having played it yet, to the point where I couldn't log onto this site because of all the bs posts about GW2 being the new Jesus Christ. 

Too late. Archeage already overhyped to a point I hate it. Well.. I don't hate the game, its more of a meh to me, but I hate the fans. But don't worry, that is nothing new.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Hmmm I just skipped through the video but at one point I noticed when the guy turned in his quest the quest giver had a question mark over his head (somewhere around 1:21:52). I thought the next generation of MMO's was doing away with that kind of thing. The game is certainly pretty but I don't see what makes it so different.
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    Hmmm I just skipped through the video but at one point I noticed when the guy turned in his quest the quest giver had a question mark over his head (around 1:21:52). I thought the next generation of MMO's was doing away with that kind of thing.

I hope not. That is the single best improvement WOW brought to mmos. I remember EQ and shudder.

As for the topic. I agree with other posters. Wait and see. So many games have won acclaim and awards prior to release and then proved disappointmenting.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat
    Hmmm I just skipped through the video but at one point I noticed when the guy turned in his quest the quest giver had a question mark over his head (somewhere around 1:21:52). I thought the next generation of MMO's was doing away with that kind of thing. The game is certainly pretty but I don't see what makes it so different.

Sadly, the leveling process is pretty standard with quest hubs und linear questing.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       if its free to play..then I cant wait :)  iF its sub then Ill wait till it goes F2P...thats the level of my hype  :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    How dare you show optimism or any kind of joy for a game in development on these forums. You sir, shall be shunned.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    I've seen so many games that look that good.  I've seen them lauded by any number of magazines and game websites.  I've seen them released and go F2P or B2P because they just failed to deliver.  Pardon my distinct lack of excitement.
  • EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    Played it earlier in 2012 during CBT5, let me just say this, the moment I can get back into it, korean, japanese, chinese whatever it doesn't matter, you can bet I will be doing.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    It's nice to see an asian warrior hold a sword that is not bigger than a castle.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    I've seen so many games that look that good.  I've seen them lauded by any number of magazines and game websites.  I've seen them released and go F2P or B2P because they just failed to deliver.  Pardon my distinct lack of excitement.

During the development of games like AoC, WAR, and SWTOR, we had bits of information and an occasional video leak. ArcheAge, however, has no NDA. There are literally thousands of ArcheAge videos on YouTube...   all positive experiences. Unlike most of the US flops, this game isn't trying to hide anything at all.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

ArcheAge is great and all... and i really like the mix of UO and WoW within one game. Almost everything i have seen or heard really looks great. And now.. as almost expected... BUT

until now we know nothing about a Publisher for NA/EU.. actually they dont have one at the moment.. there are of course a lot of applicants. But as long as we dont know who will publish it and how a lot of things are uncertain.

As example.. in korea it will be a subscription game, and no game shop will ruin it or will make it pay to win.. but that can be different in NA/EU with the wrong publisher. Another point is localization.. you dont need to westernize a lot in this game, because it is already made for a western audience(at least one of the two starting contintents and races(including houses and all.. they actually have split the world and asserts for a western and a eastern audience so everyone will be pleased), but we have seen a hell of a lot ugly translated games in the past and it can be a downer, which would be a shame for such a game with such great potential.

And last but not least the combat system... it is very old school tab targeting combat. Ok... yes, a lot of ppl like that combat system, but i am bored to hell with that combat system, the truth is even that i didnt like it much as it was first introduced with EQ/DAoC.. so i really would be for a change to the better.

All we can do is to hope the best, and to hope they choose wisely for a good and experienced publisher for NA/EU.. i personally would even hope it would be NCSoft.. they at least know more or less what they do.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

You cant compare AA with GW2 and SWTOR, because AA will be the first AAA sandbox mmo in more than 10 years (the nearer of UO that a good mmo even reached). The themepark formula cant be improved so much (the "single player" approach) while the sandbox formula has a huge amount of open possibilities still inexplored by the big companies.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Apraxis

ArcheAge is great and all... and i really like the mix of UO and WoW within one game. Almost everything i have seen or heard really looks great. And now.. as almost expected... BUT

until now we know nothing about a Publisher for NA/EU.. actually they dont have one at the moment.. there are of course a lot of applicants. But as long as we dont know who will publish it and how a lot of things are uncertain.

As example.. in korea it will be a subscription game, and no game shop will ruin it or will make it pay to win.. but that can be different in NA/EU with the wrong publisher. Another point is localization.. you dont need to westernize a lot in this game, because it is already made for a western audience(at least one of the two starting contintents and races(including houses and all.. they actually have split the world and asserts for a western and a eastern audience so everyone will be pleased), but we have seen a hell of a lot ugly translated games in the past and it can be a downer, which would be a shame for such a game with such great potential.

And last but not least the combat system... it is very old school tab targeting combat. Ok... yes, a lot of ppl like that combat system, but i am bored to hell with that combat system, the truth is even that i didnt like it much as it was first introduced with EQ/DAoC.. so i really would be for a change to the better.

All we can do is to hope the best, and to hope they choose wisely for a good and experienced publisher for NA/EU.. i personally would even hope it would be NCSoft.. they at least know more or less what they do.

I doubt it will be NCSoft - they already have Blade and Soul, Wildstar and, GW2. That is quite a few games.

We shall see, Korean game makers it seems at times, pick the worst publishers for release in NA.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004

You cant compare AA with GW2 and SWTOR, because AA will be the first AAA sandbox mmo in more than 10 years (the nearer of UO that a good mmo even reached). The themepark formula cant be improved so much (the "single player" approach) while the sandbox formula has a huge amount of open possibilities still inexplored by the big companies.

I wouldn't call ArcheAge a "real" sandbox MMO, it's more a traditional themepark with a huge open world, PvP focus and a few sandbox elements here and there. Keep that in mind and you won't be disappointed.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I will say that other than the player's horse kicking somebody, the game did not look very exciting. It could be the kind of thing where it's not very interesting unless you're playing it though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Apraxis

I doubt it will be NCSoft - they already have Blade and Soul, Wildstar and, GW2. That is quite a few games.

We shall see, Korean game makers it seems at times, pick the worst publishers for release in NA.

I cant see it being anyone else BUT NCSoft. Who would be a prime canidate to publish AA in the west besides ncsoft?