Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A shooter/syfi MMO!

xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Are there any games that is in the syfi genre, perferrably shooter types.

I have seen that they don't make syfi/shooter MMOs compared to fantasy types.

So sick of those fantasy based MMOs, most of them are pretty much a copy of other crappy games. I'm thinking something such as Global agenda. Any thoughts on any solid syfi/shooter MMOs?

I'm into pvp, while i do enjoy pve at times i'd like a game that would focus heavy on PvP.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Planetside 2?
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    the problem is there is not even many fantasy MMO's with shooter controls out there.
  • anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Try Firefall.  It's currently in Closed Beta.  If you'd like an invite just PM me I'd be happy to let you in.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Slightly off topic but since it's mentioned in the title, I have to ask...

When and why did "science fiction" start getting abbreviated to "sy fi"?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    Actually Defiance looks like it's going to be an excellent MMOFPS far as PvE style shooters go (least it looks PvE).

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    If you're just looking for some good ol PvPing, PS2 is actually pretty fun.  Even for a non-PvPer like me =)

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Originally posted by xalvi

Are there any games that is in the syfi genre, perferrably shooter types.

I have seen that they don't make syfi/shooter MMOs compared to fantasy types.

So sick of those fantasy based MMOs, most of them are pretty much a copy of other crappy games. I'm thinking something such as Global agenda. Any thoughts on any solid syfi/shooter MMOs?

Well if you play on a PS3 there is EVE's/CCP's Dust514. But its exclusive only for the PS3. You can find the game forum for it here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/494/view/forums/forum/1059/General-Discussion.html

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Kaerigan
    Originally posted by dave6660

Slightly off topic but since it's mentioned in the title, I have to ask...

When and why did "science fiction" start getting abbreviated to "sy fi"?

OP just can't spell. There's a shitty "sci-fi" (in quotes because I has more wrestling and bullshit ghost hunter shows of all things than actual sci-fi nowadays if I recall correctly) channel called Syfy in the US though so maybe that's where he got... half of the spelling from.

Actually it's not just the OP.  The science fiction channel changed their logo to "SyFy" a while back.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    @gunthology warframe looks awesome, some people may not know but developers of warframe did a game call darksector i played on the consoles warframe using the same engine as darksector.
  • xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

Ya sorry about the "sy fi" confusion. 

Thanks for the helps, but im not only limiting myself to scy fi. Something like modern area army based shooters, CoD/battlefield comes to mind.

Going to check out PS2 and Defiiance though. Im looking for more of a pvp experience.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Vendetta Online; 9 years of experience with the community, one of the best combat models out there.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance