Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why every Asian fantasy mmorpg must have girls in mini skirts?

Comments

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Sorry, I'm girl, but looking more pretty, sexy, brave and dressed then in real life is part of my gaming dream world. Inside virtual reality I can do anything I'l never do in real life.

so I'll sure not play a game where my avatar looks odd, it MUST be better then me in real life (and it's not that easy. =XD joke)or it will not be my fun fantasy world but just real world once again. What is fun to have twice same reality then?

If I don't dream while playing, I'll better go doing anything in real life instate. =D

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

Why every Asian fantasy mmorpg must have girls in mini skirts?  

Need more Dragon Age Origins like elf mans.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    You had me at "Asian fantasy."
  • EtahEvolEtahEvol Member Posts: 28

Funny, I lived in Japan for over 6 years and I never once heard a peep about this type of shit ever. Thier culture is much older and far more advanced than ours. They have much bigger things that concern them than CARTOONS in mini-skirts.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I dont care! I want skimpy short pants for guys! Mandatory! XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I dont care! I want skimpy short pants for guys! Mandatory! XD

I'll give you that + bulges.... but in return, I want cameltoe!

See folks...compromise is eeezeee!

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by tordurbar
    Originally posted by Dilweed

Most mmo players are male and they like tits and ass.

Not all americans for some strange reason, they are kinda prudish when it comes to nudity (nipplegate)

Some also act like a white knight in shining armor when they see ass, it makes them look smart and sofisticated.

This - almost. There are more women playing mmos in the west due to WOW but the asian market is still almost entirely male - mostly young males. Young males like t and a - thus the bikini armor.  The Asian developers are not stupid (or prudish) and know their market.

Nudity does not bother me but the trend toward pedo does. I guess that I am prudish as that is one of the reasons I never tried Tera.

If it took Borecraft for women to play games(Which is not actually true by the way), I think them as a species will have some troubles later on. I can not assume of course, it's just a wonder.

P.S- Women have been playing games in general  well before borecraft:  Mario, Sonic, Q-bert, Pong, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Zelda, and the list goes on and on from what games women have started playing before borecraft's time(yes, not mmo's) . (Nice try though). Women played another form of MMO called muds, which were of course well before borecraft. (Another nice try). Can't say more..forum rules :)

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318
    Originally posted by Khorian
    Originally posted by quseio 

I wouldnt mind a game haveing a sort of red district in it but, but i think  havein em naked all the time   gets old( like say if neriak had a seedy strip joint

AoC had alot of cyber prostitutes, the good ones could be quite greedy, 50 silver to 1 gold and more per session ;)

In SWG, cantinas made AoC look tame. I miss SWG sooooo much for this reason.  I mean what other game could guys go into the bar and say 'I need some head' to a female dancer, and it was acceptable (mind buff)....Oh I miss the glory days.

And those dancers were sexah, I guess OP would have been against SWG too.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by Rider071
    Originally posted by Khorian
    Originally posted by quseio 

I wouldnt mind a game haveing a sort of red district in it but, but i think  havein em naked all the time   gets old( like say if neriak had a seedy strip joint

AoC had alot of cyber prostitutes, the good ones could be quite greedy, 50 silver to 1 gold and more per session ;)

In SWG, cantinas made AoC look tame. I miss SWG sooooo much for this reason.  I mean what other game could guys go into the bar and say 'I need some head' to a female dancer, and it was acceptable (mind buff)....Oh I miss the glory days.

And those dancers were sexah, I guess OP would have been against SWG too.

Oh I recally how DAMN difficult it was to make money as male dancer. XD

Hey, I was stylish, not gross, mkay?!

Fun days. ^^ But, I agree, I miss that part of life from SWG. :(

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by atuerstar
    Originally posted by zomard100
    I don't know people why but i hate that! I like girls  but what is to much it is to much. It looks so ridiculous to see characters running around with ass high up in the sky dressed in mini skirts. I saw that new Bless mmo and was so excited for few minutes so i gave  fast look on Tube to see what is about this game. And guess what! Again almost naked fragile girls in miniskirts with huge boobs swinging huge swords like crazy. Graphic is so realistic and awesome and again we have this Tera effect in every single new Asian mmorpg. Do you hate this?

Walking through my city late last Friday night where we have a very large asian population. In real life they wear less than their characters do and no-one seems to have a problem with it. Its their style. Ive seen them wearing skirts that are really just large belts, in the rain, this is how important that look or style is to them.

Hating them for it says a lot more about you than it does them.

What are you talking  here my friend? Who hate who? We talk about games and not about racism, you have some political forums for this.

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by atuerstar
    I don't know people why but i hate that! I like girls  but what is to much it is to much. It looks so ridiculous to see characters running around with ass high up in the sky dressed in mini skirts. I saw that new Bless mmo and was so excited for few minutes so i gave  fast look on Tube to see what is about this game. And guess what! Again almost naked fragile girls in miniskirts with huge boobs swinging huge swords like crazy. Graphic is so realistic and awesome and again we have this Tera effect in every single new Asian mmorpg. Do you hate this?

Walking through my city late last Friday night where we have a very large asian population. In real life they wear less than their characters do and no-one seems to have a problem with it. Its their style. Ive seen them wearing skirts that are really just large belts, in the rain, this is how important that look or style is to them.

Hating them for it says a lot more about you than it does them.

Word, not only hating it but trying to find others who hate it is more a personal issue than a game issue.

Zom, there's 300 or so MMOs currently. Somewhere in that mix is one that has women dressed the way you feel they should be. Go out there and hunt that baby down, tiger!

Well you don't have 300 mmo's worth playing. And yes i do play games where female characters are adult and dressed  normal as possible. And yes i hate to see little barbie girls with huge swords.

Originally posted by ste2000

It does annoy me.......together with the cute fluffy characters, it just turns me off (gamingly speaking)

It is not the fact that young ladies goes around half naked, but the fact that they do not look like fighters therefore they kill the immersion.

Look at AoC girls, that's how it is done.

They are sexual, but fit completely the lore.

Schoolgirls that holds huge Swords and fight like barbarians...........no thanks.

Yea man! That's  what i'm talking about. Girls from western mmo's looks like warriors and not like schoolgirls.  You got it :)

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Sorry, I'm girl, but looking more pretty, sexy, brave and dressed then in real life is part of my gaming dream world. Inside virtual reality I can do anything I'l never do in real life.

so I'll sure not play a game where my avatar looks odd, it MUST be better then me in real life (and it's not that easy. =XD joke)or it will not be my fun fantasy world but just real world once again. What is fun to have twice same reality then?

If I don't dream while playing, I'll better go doing anything in real life instate. =D

It is not about looking odd, it is about school girl characters running around in world of dragons and slayers. i don't know but it is stupid to me. You escape reality with story and game world that surrounds you

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Originally posted by greenreen

It does annoy me.......together with the cute fluffy characters, it just turns me off (gamingly speaking)

It is not the fact that young ladies goes around half naked, but the fact that they do not look like fighters therefore they kill the immersion.

Schoolgirls that holds huge Swords and fight like barbarians...........no thanks.

Yea man! That's  what i'm talking about. Girls from western mmo's looks like warriors and not like schoolgirls.  You got it :)

lol Wasn't AOC the game that people got excited that they could expose full frontal on women.  Funny to see it brought up in this topic. That's all I heard about the game , kick people with horses, blood spattered screens, and see boobs. Yup, that was it, found the horse video.

Any school girl in miniskirt with huge sword running around in AOC? I see that you can't understand, read  post from that guy about immersion

• FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80
    Just look at car magazines and notice how the cover girls are always in skimpy outfits, yet no one's complaining. Honestly, the same can be said for games. And like one poster said, men are sexually objectified in the same way with their muscular bodies, which are often times bulging to the point of unrealism, yet barely anyone complains. Get over it, seriously.
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    (...) It looks so ridiculous to see characters running around with ass high up in the sky dressed in mini skirts.

Just as ridiculous it must seem to be doing all the things we can do in many of these MMOs/games. I have no problem with suspension of disbelief.

I saw that new Bless mmo and was so excited for few minutes so i gave  fast look on Tube to see what is about this game. And guess what! Again almost naked fragile girls in miniskirts with huge boobs swinging huge swords like crazy. Graphic is so realistic and awesome and again we have this Tera effect in every single new Asian mmorpg. Do you hate this?

Why would I hate it? The developers are from a completely different culture, and if I didn't appreciate the aesthetics I definitely wouldn't be getting bent out of shape over something I can do absolutely nothing about. Instead, knowing what to avoid, I would mentally filter only that which interests me (e.g. I like the Asian aesthetics more).

I don't hate any kind of game. There's something for everybody out there. I don't want to impose my preferences on anybody.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

lol Wasn't AOC the game that people got excited that they could expose full frontal on women.  Funny to see it brought up in this topic. That's all I heard about the game , kick people with horses, blood spattered screens, and see boobs. Yup, that was it, found the horse video.

Any school girl in miniskirt with huge sword running around in AOC? I see that you can't understand, read  post from that guy about immersion

I think that illustrates perfectly. This topic isnt against displaying women in revealing attire as its displayed in most MMO's.

But as to why asian MMO's choose to market their women adventurers as almost school-girl like.

For me all they'd really have to do to make it appealling to me is just get rid of the big-eye look (especially that), put some hips on them, and kill all manimal charaters and I, oh and drop the over the top anmie animations, and I'd would happily be playing and paying asian MMO's.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

haha. you guys are so out of touch. 

Are you really saying that sexism sells? With sexism in games- such as girls in mini skits- many players are not going to buy  that product because of its sillyness. Way to narrow your market when you are suppose to appeal to as many as possible.

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by mymmo

haha. you guys are so out of touch. 

Are you really saying that sexism sells? With sexism in games- such as girls in mini skits- many players are not going to buy  that product because of its sillyness. Way to narrow your market when you are suppose to appeal to as many as possible.

Thats a western issue. These games are designed for eastern cultures and values, and are simply translated to English later.

If you don't like the games, or how they are presented, don't play them. They will either adapt for the western market or leave the games as eastern exclusives.

Personally I like the asian art style. It doesnt mean that I go around to high schools perving on school girls. But I guess some people find it hard to differentiate art from sexualisation. Why would I want my character to be in a generic suit of armor that looks bland? I want it to be stylised, and as other people have said, wearing less armor at higher levels usually represents that you are a more proficient fighter and have less need for cumbersome armor.

The 'realism' card is a bit lame. In 'reality' your career warriors would likely be sllightly to heavily mutilated from combat. There is nothing 'realistic' about video game combat. You don't sit there and trade hits. If you fail to block, you die. If you get a severe injury, youll probably never fight again. None of that translates over to video games, why should real armor?  

Originally posted by Hokie

I think that illustrates perfectly. This topic isnt against displaying women in revealing attire as its displayed in most MMO's.

But as to why asian MMO's choose to market their women adventurers as almost school-girl like.

For me all they'd really have to do to make it appealling to me is just get rid of the big-eye look (especially that), put some hips on them, and kill all manimal charaters and I, oh and drop the over the top anmie animations, and I'd would happily be playing and paying asian MMO's.

Thats right. +1

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Gah.

If I dont like a game, I just vote with my wallet.

Which by the way currently means I dont buy games at all.

Even the new TES just sucked.

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

I agree with OP.  Mini skirts are bad! They should wear latex catsuit instead.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Fantasy role playing games, exactly that - fantasy.  If you want realism then stop playing games.
  • Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35

If you are talking about Bless I really can't see your point, it looks nothing like Tera and it's little girls chars.

Bless is the only game I have seen for a long time coming out that has full body armour for female characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2iEhS1Xwio

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.