Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too late to rejoin?

AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173
Hello all, i played eve a few years ago for a few months and loved it, i cant remember why i stopped playing, but id like to start again. thing is knowing how the characters are and knowing there are people with 5+ year old characters is a little intimidating. and being that i want to resume my old profession as a pirate i have no clue how im gonna make a name for myself in the universe. any advice on this at all guys?

Comments

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173
    very good point, mind if i ask how the game has changed? do people still set up pirate corps in lowsec? i never got to nullsec when i played back in the day. 
  • AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173
    cool, WoW has really begun to be a life sucking drag, if you know what i mean, not nearly as exciting as the battles i had in EvE, is RvB still around?
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    It's never too late.

• LilanLilan Member UncommonPosts: 62
    never
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by AgentAnarkii
    Hello all, i played eve a few years ago for a few months and loved it, i cant remember why i stopped playing, but id like to start again. thing is knowing how the characters are and knowing there are people with 5+ year old characters is a little intimidating. and being that i want to resume my old profession as a pirate i have no clue how im gonna make a name for myself in the universe. any advice on this at all guys?

No it isn't too late. If anything, it's a particularly good time to start, as CCP have just done a big rebalance of the T1 frigates and cruisers, and they're mostly far more effective than they used to be.

Reactivate your character, try out a few ISK making professions to see which suits you (you don't have to do missions or mining, there are lots of other possibilities) and once you've got yourself established, buy a bunch of T1 cruisers and frigates and maybe consider joining Faction Warfare. That will get you some lo-sec PvP experience.

Give me liberty or give me lasers