Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Revived by SilentFuture

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We have received word that German game developer, SilentFuture, has revived Earthrise, the futuristic MMO that was canceled last February. We are posting the press release in its entirety as it was sent to us.

Alpha Statement: The new Earthrise

The closed alpha stage ONE of Earthrise officially has started. SilentFuture revamped many of the systems used in Earthrise and focused on fundamental factors such as network and server performance. A new network layer was implemented and the Flash based GUI was replaced with a HTML5 one, that enables the players to customize their HUD and implement own functionality.

The sandbox gets an overhaul that the player gets a bigger impact. SilentFuture focusing the RPG factor with third person fast-paced action combat. The gameplay gets more cooperative and shooter like.

Earthrise will be completely free to play. For the funding of further development of Earthrise SilentFuture will offer micro transactions, that allows the player to personalize and individualize their character without affecting the gameplay. Further there will be service offers like additional character slots. SilentFuture is completely against a “pay2win” concept.

The estimated launch date isn’t fixed, as SilentFuture CEO Daniel Schemann explains:

“We work hard to bring you a stable release, and we won’t rush and throw it out. Development takes time and when we getting near a possible release we will inform the community. Until this we have the alpha/beta running mostly 24x7.”

The Account registration is online and you are able to register to become eligible for selection as closed alpha/beta tester at http://www.play-earthrise.com/account/register

NOTE: Registration does not guarantee entry into the Earthrise closed alpha/beta.

About SilentFuture UG

SilentFuture UG is specialized in the development of Multiplayer Games with a strong focus on MMORPG design and conception. Founded in 2012 by Daniel Schemann and Katharina Weiß, the firm offers the complete palette of online game development and lifecycle services - from market research through project planning and design to customer support.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    I would not give them a dime, oh waits it free, I would not touch it for free either, when you ask this company what they made before they will not answer you, they said stupid comments, I was a Vet Player of ER and a ALPHA tester and stayed until the doors closed, this new company treats there vets like crap on there forums, this will be the first game I have ever said a word negative about any game on this forum and the reason  I'm doing it because they should not be on business period.. they give indies a bad name.......
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

going by their offical company website, the only game they have listed is earthrise which leads me to believe the first and only game they have worked on since starting is earthrise.  kinda split rail then. as it comes down to a "are they going to make the game better that it survives or worse that it folds faster then a deck of cards" kinda situation...

wish them luck either way, the game seemed interesting. if they can revive it and that takes off great. if not... owell

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Their whois domain information hasn't changed since like 2007. It looks like Daniel Schemann has been the owner of the domain for years. I'm not sure how new this new company really is.

** edit **
    Though the whois lookups are a bit odd...the raw data for Aug. 2008 seems to have both current and old information. It could be a completely new company. That would be good, because that's the only chance this game has.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Well I see this as a marketing ploy. Is it really better than what it was is what I want to know. The first time around it was terible.

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    I would not give them a dime, oh waits it free, I would not touch it for free either, when you ask this company what they made before they will not answer you, they said stupid comments, I was a Vet Player of ER and a ALPHA tester and stayed until the doors closed, this new company treats there vets like crap on there forums, this will be the first game I have ever said a word negative about any game on this forum and the reason  I'm doing it because they should not be on business period.. they give indies a bad name.......

you sound quite better...i feel the dev team is very, very responsive and open. i do not feel treated bad in any way, dunno which forum you have been too.

• GoroghGorogh Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Maybe it will be playable this time. Earthrise was cool on paper but when they released the game it was mega bad
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Atleast we'll be able to try it out for free, rather than get duped buying the box.
  • Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Silent Future = Masthead, Dont say I didnt warn you ...I cant say much more like I did last time or else i will get a warning again <.<

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    I will try it out as long as I can truly log into my old account for free.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Im a old vet and I sure recon the warning bells that Darkcrystal wrote about. Cant say anything here. But Im worried for this sandbox under SF control. Hope they can prove me wrong, but my hope is fading away...
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Im a old vet and I sure recon the warning bells that Darkcrystal wrote about. Cant say anything here. But Im worried for this sandbox under SF control. Hope they can prove me wrong, but my hope is fading away...
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

So I went back and looked at the website, and sure enough this is the only game listed. What other games have the done is there a different link somewhere.

Does anybody else wonder what kind of game were going to get from a company nobody has hear off until just now. Just wondering.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Just what everone needs: A mostly non-functional and then closed game, to be resurrected and simplified by a small, no-name company with neglible experience and visions of turning Earthrise into a free, stripped down shooter.

/whocares

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Just what everone needs: A mostly non-functional and then closed game, to be resurrected and simplified by a small, no-name company with neglible experience and visions of turning Earthrise into a free, stripped down shooter.

/whocares

You make it all sound so....unethical...=P

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

The post says SilentFuture is a new company founded in 2012 so i doubt they have made big projects at all (as SF).... so if everyone thinks like you do, what will happen to the game industry if new companies cant grow because people like you think that being new is a reason to not touch their (perhaps first) products?........ Also, when you say they answer with crap, care to share their words? one mans gargabe is another's treasure. Why cant they be on the business? maybe they are capable of doing with ER what Masthead wasnt able to.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    sci-fi sandbox game would be nice to play at least until the repopulation is done. IMHO when games re-launch they don't ever live up to expectations so ya i am expecting it to stink but if they pull if off more power to them and if its good i will give it a shot.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I will check this out again thats for sure..

was a great idea but again not done well at all..

Still as it will be free it will be worth another look. Who cares if they ahve not made another game before, i will not judge until I have played it.

• Revy106Revy106 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Silent Future was founded in 2005 the same time masthead was, and yes they treat there vets like crap you cant say ANYTHING on there unless your saying something good about the alpha....which is rare, I have a huge conversation with one of the devs on there saved and its terrible how they treat you and lie straight to your face...if anyone wants more proof to help them decide please send me a message and I will send you everything...as much as I loved ER before even though masthead screwed it, and as much as I want this to really thrive at the same time I want this to fail badly and become EMU run like it should be...give it to the community who clearly knows whats best for this game and not some half assed dev team aka masthead's younger brother silent future..
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Well, its not like er can get any worse.