Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the Crickets?

Comments

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by MaGicBush
    I played DF1 for about a year and I like the direction of the new game honestly. I am not sure why so many vets are so butt-hurt over a few safe-zones as it will keep new players around to learn the game and play to end-game. Of course there are some issues, but they will be fixed as stated in last Q & A.

I am confused.  

Could you please explain the diometricly opposed sentences that I have high-lighted above.

I can understand the one if it wasn't for the other... but when you state both... it is very confusing.  image

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    I played the game for around 2 hours overall. Liked what I saw. Waiting for the release.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by xzyax
    I played DF1 for about a year and I like the direction of the new game honestly. I am not sure why so many vets are so butt-hurt over a few safe-zones as it will keep new players around to learn the game and play to end-game. Of course there are some issues, but they will be fixed as stated in last Q & A.

I am confused.  

Could you please explain the diometricly opposed sentences that I have high-lighted above.

I can understand the one if it wasn't for the other... but when you state both... it is very confusing.  image

and what don't you get? (its diametrically btw) image

He played DF1, but also likes the direction of DF2. Shocker the DF2 BETA has a few issues which are being addressed.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Normal beta stuff, AV  is working hard getting everything ready.  Not a lot to say now other than helping them get the game ready.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by xzyax

I am confused.  

and what don't you get? (its diametrically btw) image

He played DF1, but also likes the direction of DF2. Shocker the DF2 BETA has a few issues which are being addressed.

Ahh, I see.  My confusion.  

Aventurine and Tasos always fixed DF1 as they stated.  image

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by TigerDriver
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

beta is a abortion. Makes the WarZ broken promises look tiny in comparison.

/and no kiddies, saying the beta is a "abortion" isnt breaking the NDA.

Broken promises? All the features that they said it would have are in there. It's just buggy, because its a beta.

You mean besides all the *NDA* classes right? and the crafting *NDA* right? and the zillion other things that I cant mention?

All the classes that were announced are playable in beta. There are locked classes, but that has been public knowledge for MONTHS. But no please, tell me more about their "broken promises". And crafting is exactly as they said it'd be.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

beta is a abortion. Makes the WarZ broken promises look tiny in comparison.

/and no kiddies, saying the beta is a "abortion" isnt breaking the NDA.

Broken promises? All the features that they said it would have are in there. It's just buggy, because its a beta.

You mean besides all the *NDA* classes right? and the crafting *NDA* right? and the zillion other things that I cant mention?

All the classes that were announced are playable in beta. There are locked classes, but that has been public knowledge for MONTHS. But no please, tell me more about their "broken promises". And crafting is exactly as they said it'd be.

Yeah kids these days expect beta to be a free trial marketing event, which in a lot of cases it is.  This is a real beta, one where you experience the game in a rough and unpolished client.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Yeah kids these days expect beta to be a free trial marketing event, which in a lot of cases it is.  This is a real beta, one where you experience the game in a rough and unpolished client.

Come on, what do you want us to do.

Some of us have limited time to play, and there isn`t much we can test equipped with a leafblade. When they fix the persistence problem, we`ll try again. I`m glad some of you are testing though.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    Originally posted by skorner64

I'm sort of glad I never played the original, because I have really no idea what they changed aside from the new role system. And that is allowing me to enjoy it. :D

well for starters there were no safe zones. protected towns had towers that used to do considerable damage to agressors/reds by "zapping" them. however, once you got really strong a group of people with good healers could heal through tower damage for long enough to kill enemies inside protected towns.

secondly every single spell (except mana missle) required a staff, and reagents that you had to either buy or gather.

the UI was incredibly complicated to use. teh new UI is 100 times more user friendly.

i took A LOT longer to skill up anything.

magic and bow had fixed first person view. you did not have a choice.

it's a bit hard to explain the old bag system as it was a free placement system and was really hard to macro loot as you had to drag and drop everything . the new system imo favours macro looting too much.

bow and sword was increibly more simplistc as they didn't have any special skirmisher or warrior skills. 95% of utility abilities came from magic which was the predominant fighting style.

not sure if it's just  because it's beta but it seems to me like it used to be a lot harder to get rare items from gathering (like Steed grass and such).

haven't done mouch crafting so not sure what's all changed there.

you didnt explain the change to casting.

Because I didnt like the reagent cost and staff requirement. I like how in other RPGs classes has combo of magic and melee without need for magic only weapon.  So was never a fan of the staff requirement.

And the forced FPS view was pretty much unneeded, and just another thing developer did just to frustrate players, similar mindset of DarkSoul developers. And I dont find that mindset fun!

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by Hotjazz

Some of us have limited time to play, and there isn`t much we can test equipped with a leafblade. When they fix the persistence problem, we`ll try again. I`m glad some of you are testing though.

Whens the last time you logged in or bothered to check to forums?

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I have been playing for a bit every day, but the game is a disaster. I am sure it will improve, but "debug mode" (yeah right) and the fact that you lose all of your items every time you log out, makes it hard to bother playing. 
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    waiting to get out of debug mode
  • ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

Remember how all those other games were SO much better after "debug mode" was turned off right before launch?

I don't. 

If you think that you aren't playing the launch version of DFUW right now, then this is your first time at the rodeo.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by ironhelix

Remember how all those other games were SO much better after "debug mode" was turned off right before launch?

I don't. 

If you think that you aren't playing the launch version of DFUW right now, then this is your first time at the rodeo.

it is my first time at the df rodeo, so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they too burn me

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

I don't. 

I do know, you're the one who doesn't know wtf your talking about. 

Don't listen to anyone complaining about the changes made from DF1, this is not an expansion, it's a new game designed to appeal to a broader audience. If you're thinking NGE , don't. It's nothing like that at all.

If you didn't play DF1 for any reason, check out DF:UW when it releases, you should be pleasantly surprised.

Originally posted by Hotjazz

Whens the last time you logged in or bothered to check to forums?

The persistence bug is NOT fixed. I just logged in and out, and lost everything. So what am I supposed to be checking the foums for again?

Duh...No kidding, but Guild banks aren't affected. there hasn't been any wipes and no one is running around in noob gear.

Oh did you not notice the highlighted part I was replying to?

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    eveyone is just going to fight right on the border of the safe zones and as soon as they are getting their ass kicked they are just going to step into the safe zone for protection....lame.

It's actually a bug. There is even system message telling you that you'll become "protected" after 20 sec from crossing the zone border.

• RattsRatts Member Posts: 48
    Isn't it about the time of the month where they announce another delay in the release date?
    Originally posted by sbanes
    Isn't it about the time of the month where they announce another delay in the release date?

There isn't a release date. image

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

So, watered down gameplay, bad design decisions...  I mean it almost hurts to say this but I guess I was right about this being the Darkfall NGE after all.

It's not a good thing.  The genre could use quality games that add competition, breed innovation and draw attention to the pvp sandbox crowd.  Unfortunately this isn't a quality game, so people who want a game LIKE darkfall will have to keep waiting for a proper attempt by another company.

There are some hopes on the horizone, Embers of Caerus, The Repopulation, Origins of Malu, etc.

Maybe soon we'll see a small outcry for "Darkfall pre-UW" severs ha.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Even as a beta, I find the game very fun.

I am not one to go out and grind my character to max, knowing it will be wiped, but any problematic occurrences I am sure to report.

If you like PvP you will like this game.

If you like game politics and allying with clans and going to war with clans over grudges or territory you will love this game.

If you like to progress your character, you will also enjoy the game.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by Ridan477
    They are doing Character wipes every week so it leaves me with little incentive to play. Probably same with others as well.

Thankfully, some people are treating it like an actual BETA and not a free trial. image

if it were an actual beta you wouldnt have to pay to participate in it ^^

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by itchmon
    They are doing Character wipes every week so it leaves me with little incentive to play. Probably same with others as well.

Thankfully, some people are treating it like an actual BETA and not a free trial. image

I don't see why not?

People willing to pay are more likely to want the game to be fixed than those hoping to get a free trial of the game when they sign up to participate in a beta.

Originally posted by itchmon

I didnt pay anything for the beta!  I paid for DFUW and one free month AFTER release for a staggering $15. imageWhich just happened to included the BETA and reserving my name.

https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/

• ThebozzThebozz Member UncommonPosts: 117
    I don't get it.  This is a beta taking place for a game that had an announced release date before the beta started.  This is for a game that before the beta started had planned on not having a beta at all.  Anyone who argues this is a beta and shouldn't be expecting a game that is close to release ready... wow i feel sorry for you.