Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got off topic in general, but please read

Someone tried comparing McDonalds, to mmo's, someone came back saying theres No such thing as good or bad calories, and they just need to eat 3 big macs for 2000 kalories, and you will be healthy.

bad and good calories, watch these videos, it will save your life. ( not even kidding, please, please watch these videos )

http://www.spiritofhealthkc.com/health-videos/video-list-2/

First off having an acidic diet of kalories over alkalize causes mass ammounts of cancer we see today, aka cooked and acidic food, you need a proper balance ~ 80 alk, 20 acid

The gluttun in your mentioned bread causes

• Malnutrition. Since the small intestine has lesser capacity to absorb the important Vitamins and minerals, people can become deficient in various nutrients like folate, Vitamins D, B12, E and K and A. This may lead to anaemia, weight loss and other deficiency related problems.

• Lymphoma. This is a type of cancer which occurs in the lymph nodes and can also develop in the intestine.

• Adenocarcinoma. This is another type of cancer that is seen in the cell linings of some of the internal organs in the body.

• Solid tumours. This is mainly observed in the small intestine and also the oesophagus.

• Osteoporosis. This is caused due to mal-absorption of calcium and Vitamin D and results in brittle bones. Other abnormalities include softening and thinning of bones which leads to fractures.

• Osteomalacia. Minerals disorder mainly prevalent in children.

• Kidney stones. This is caused due to mal-absorption of calcium.

• Pregnancy complications. If women are not treated for this disorder, it can result in various complications like premature delivery, congenital malformation or miscarriage, birth defects and defects in the neural tube of the newborn baby.

• Abnormal growth in children. At a young age, Gluten Intolerance can result in abnormal growth of children due to mal nourishment of adequate nutrients.

• Brain abnormalities. If folic acid absorption is inadequate, calcium deposits start forming in the brain and this result in nerve damage and also cause seizures.

• Lactose indigestion. The body loses tolerance to lactose or milk sugar and results in diarrhoea or abdominal pain.

• Tuberculosis. Patients are at increased risk to contract serious infections due to Gluten Intolerance caused due to mal absorption of Vitamin D.

• Dermatitis herpetiformis. A skin disorder which causes severe itching and blistering especially on the buttocks, elbows and knees.

• Thyroid disorder. The thyroid gland does not function properly and the secretions are abnormal resulting in some disorders of those key functions performed by the gland.

• Diabetes (Type I). This is caused when body cannot produce sufficient amount of insulin.

• Liver disease. Disorders related to metabolism function of liver.

• Sjogren's syndrome. Disorder which results in destroying of glands that produce saliva and tears.

• Rheumatoid arthritis. Affects joints and tissues.

• Irritable bowel syndrome. Large intestine disorder resulting in diarrhea or constipation, cramping, bloating and abdominal pain.

• Polyarteritis nodosa. Disorder found in medium or small sized arteries resulting in swelling.

• Scleroderma. Results in thickening or swelling of skin.

Then apply that the bread turns into sugar in your body, most people comsume 200g per day, when 10-20 grams safe limit.

~ high blood pressure, stroke, gallbladder and liver diseases, osteoarthritis, gynecological problems such as infertility, respiratory problems, sleep apnea and colon, breast and endometrial cancers,

now your just asking for cancer.

The meat is fed antibiotics creating mutated viruses, aswell as mainly corn, soy, and guess what, more gluttun. Add in that each of these is Genetically modified, causing untold ammounts of other

Disease

Take in the fact that they feed you pharmaceuticals to "cure" these disease, when proper diet is only true fix.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Here is my take on all of it. Let me start by saying I am an American.

First, Americans are fat.  I often go to Germany and they don't have any fat ppl. like we do.  Not even close.

Americans seem to think lowering calories helps to loose weight.  Yes kind of, but more important is exercise.  We just don't do it !   We Join gyms or jog for about three weeks start feeling good than we start taking days off.  Next comes the feeling of "whats the point"  then stop.

I used to run three miles a day and only take Winters off.  Come spring I would see people running by my house at about one an hour, two weeks later nothing.  Now running is bad for your joints, and I began to feel it.  What did I do ?....Well, I'm now doing kungfu for the last twenty years 4 and 5 times a week.  And yes, I'm old 50. We have new kids and adults starting all the time. They can't even do a basic class, where I'm doing hardcore stuff two hours before....The only hard part for me is showing them stuff knowing they will stop in about two months.

I work with thirty year olds. They have me doing everything hard when there on i-phons.  I'll ask them if they would like to walk around the building at lunch time, what do I get ?...."screw that".

Someone proved something to me several years ago.  I thought, given enuff time your stumic will shrink if you diet and keep it off for some time.  No, he showed me several doctor reports on the internet showing this is not the case.  With that I realise you can't ever get fat....I found this to be true by taking two years off and gaining 20 lbs.  I now work out hard five days a week, and have to carry that 20 lbs....It comes and goes because my stumic is larger !

IMPORTANT :

Think hard about this.....100 years ago, we had no TVs, computers, soft recliners. You had to burn wood and cut down trees. Do you really think people really had sharp axes 100 years ago ?...No, you had to drag wood on the ground for a mile !

Sure people live longer now. If you brake a lag 100 years ago you were finished.....But PEOPLE ARE NOW FAT !

Now I'm going on a rant about fat Americans.  But this is the real problem.  Most all medical problems are because of fat. Cancer my butt. Try and eat right and hope you don't get it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by delete5230

IMPORTANT :

Think hard about this.....100 years ago, we had no TVs, computers, soft recliners. You had to burn wood and cut down trees. Do you really think people really had sharp axes 100 years ago ?...No, you had to drag wood on the ground for a mile !

Sure people live longer now. If you brake a lag 100 years ago you were finished.....But PEOPLE ARE NOW FAT !

Now I'm going on a rant about fat Americans.  But this is the real problem.  Most all medical problems are because of fat. Cancer my butt. Try and eat right and hope you don't get it.

Sharpening stones kept axes sharp just as they do today, not that it would matter since most homes built 100 years ago had a coal boiler/radiator system installed in them.  The coal was delivered by a man to your house 100 years ago so you didn't have to drag it anywhere not even to the basement.

A broken leg would only kill you if it got infected 100 years ago.

100 years ago meat and sweet foods were the most popular with people.

100 years ago sitting around in clubs, bars, and other social groups were how people spent their free time.

100 years ago exercise equipment and exercising was seen as a fad.

100 years ago being fat wasn't a big deal, infact, most middle class people were what we would today consider overweight.

Of course hollywood today doesn't show fat people when they make a movie about those times so we just forget about Curly Howard, Fatty Arbuckle, Lou Costello, etc. and assume people are much fatter today.

Soooooooo, No one will exercise :)

God gave us arms and legs to use them, yet no one does.  I'm not being close minded.  Were FAT, no excuse !

Dont think just do.........That is are saying, in other words. Left to self you will talk your way out of it.

God gave us arms and legs to use them, yet no one does.  I'm not being close minded.  Were FAT, no excuse !

Dont think just do.........That is are saying, in other words. Left to self you will talk your way out of it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/health/the-long-life-of-the-perfect-woman.html

A very timely article and perfect to illustrate the point I made.

Here's a quote from it:

"A century ago, at age 24, Miss Scheel was the subject of a spate of news media coverage after the “medical examiner of the 400 ‘co-eds’ ” at her college, Cornell University, described her as the epitome of “perfect health,” according to a 1912 New York Times article. That article and others also gave her dimensions: 5-foot-7 and 171 pounds, which would have corresponded to a body mass index of 27, putting Miss Scheel in the overweight category. Miss Scheel, it turns out, lived a long life, dying in 1979 in St. Cloud, Fla., three days shy of her 91st birthday."

Originally posted by Hazelle

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/health/the-long-life-of-the-perfect-woman.html

Here's a quote from it:

"A century ago, at age 24, Miss Scheel was the subject of a spate of news media coverage after the “medical examiner of the 400 ‘co-eds’ ” at her college, Cornell University, described her as the epitome of “perfect health,” according to a 1912 New York Times article. That article and others also gave her dimensions: 5-foot-7 and 171 pounds, which would have corresponded to a body mass index of 27, putting Miss Scheel in the overweight category. Miss Scheel, it turns out, lived a long life, dying in 1979 in St. Cloud, Fla., three days shy of her 91st birthday."

So now you have your excuse on Sunday afternoon to put on your yellow Pittsburgh Steelers shirt and yellow sweat pants (the ones with the bean dip and hot wing sauce smeared on them) and sit there watching TV all day thinking that you REALLY PLAY FOR THE STEELERS :)

Here's a quote from it:

So now you have your excuse on Sunday afternoon to put on your yellow Pittsburgh Steelers shirt and yellow sweat pants (the ones with the bean dip and hot wing sauce smeared on them) and sit there watching TV all day thinking that you REALLY PLAY FOR THE STEELERS :)

I'm about 15 pounds over the normal BMI for my height and when I was within the normal range I was a heavy smoker who skipped meals and drank to excess on weekends.  I couldn't do more than 5 pushups or climb a flight of stairs without getting short of breath.  It's been 16 years since I quit smoking (and also drinking - they went hand in hand so I had to quit both) and I'm much healthier with the extra 50 pounds that I've put on.

You suggested that 100 years ago people were skinny due to their lifestyle and I'm telling you that you are wrong and that the lifestyle of people was worse; mostly because there was no billion dollar weight loss market pushing it's thin at all costs agenda so 100 years ago people lived much like we live today except they weren't made to feel guilty about their excess weight or feel bad about their body image so lots of people then were what we consider overweight.

The grass wasn't greener back then and I wish people would stop thinking it was because they saw it in a movie or on tv.

No Doctor will help you with this, as per Insurance Companies, they can only make suggestions.  In many cases doctors them selfs are way over weight.

Every human being is ultimately responsible for them selfs. We as humans have three forces constantly working against us :

Spiritual - Emotional well being, not to be confused with intellectual.  You can be a rocket engineer by day, and go home and hit the kids by night.  Sure you can use self control and a level of self will, but it takes a heck of a lot of work only to fail more often than not.  A week lazy spiritual could lead to depression and low self esteem.  Sociology does not work.  God never gave anyone the ability to unlock the mind.  I know people that just go for the pills.

Intellectual - I believe, and it's only my opinion but were all born equal intelligence.  However some have different abilities, such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, even ditch diggers could use intelligence to land that fifty thousand a year job.  I have one for you !...What good is it to make a hundred thousand a year when you have your credit cards maxed out and you working to pay interest ? 

Physical - The trick of the mind could easily fool you as of the last hundred years, why ?......because many don't really have to do anything.  Some go to work and key punch insurance climes all day and others sell shoes at the local mall.  Many go home stressed from dealing with people all day and like to hide in a dark room researching on google. I KNOW, I OFTEN DO THIS MYSELF ! 

THINK ABOUT THIS :

In the last two hundred years its like an experiment.  With people on this Earth for millions of years, just recently do we have that glass thing we all stare at called a TV.  Add in finances, chairs, and refrigerators.  Do you really think everyone had a horse like you see on TV ?....It's an experiment and were slowly failing.  Ever so slow that it's hard to put your finger on it.

The movie Brave Hart was a great example. Remember when he was trying to date the girl who's family lived under a rock pile !

It's 7am Sunday morning.  I'm tired and lazy. I'm 50 years old.  I'm sittling here relexing in my shorts.  I really really don't feel like doing anything.  Sooooo I guess I'll go against how I feel, take a shower and be off to Kungfu so I could get yelled at for not being low enuff and fast enuff for two hours.  When the new people show up, both myself and the head guy will yell at the new people for the same thing.  Don't think, just do !

Who are you to give, what you call, this 200 year experiment a failing grade?

Failing?  Failing at what?  From my experience, the incidents you cite are not typical of the standard behavior of people.  Sure, people don't have to do anything except eat, breath, and sleep; but that's not the only thing that most people do.

There are a bunch of movie theatres near me.  There are countless restaurants.  There are several art galleries.  There are several night clubs.  There are several bars.  There are a few threatres.    There are a few arcades.  There are many parks.  There are a few sports fields and a few open fields.  There are a few libraries.  There are a few adult learning centres.  There are many sports groups of numerous sports.  There are several religious places of numerous religions.  Etc.  Etc. Etc.  All of these things must exist due to patronage.

What I'm able to do in my day is far greater than the Athenians, Romans, Elizabethans, and Victorians combined while still being able to access Plato, Cicero, Paine, and Nietzsche, or if you prefer, an amphitheatre, stadium, playhouse, or bandstand.

Who are you to give, what you call, this 200 year experiment a failing grade?

Failing?  Failing at what?  From my experience, the incidents you cite are not typical of the standard behavior of people.  Sure, people don't have to do anything except eat, breath, and sleep; but that's not the only thing that most people do.

There are a bunch of movie theatres near me.  There are countless restaurants.  There are several art galleries.  There are several night clubs.  There are several bars.  There are a few threatres.    There are a few arcades.  There are many parks.  There are a few sports fields and a few open fields.  There are a few libraries.  There are a few adult learning centres.  There are many sports groups of numerous sports.  There are several religious places of numerous religions.  Etc.  Etc. Etc.  All of these things must exist due to patronage.

What I'm able to do in my day is far greater than the Athenians, Romans, Elizabethans, and Victorians combined while still being able to access Plato, Cicero, Paine, and Nietzsche, or if you prefer, an amphitheatre, stadium, playhouse, or bandstand.

I'm with you there Hazelle.

My girl friend and I just went to see the Hobbit, great movie but I was just a little disappointed that it didn't end, I guess it has three parts to it.  I hate movies that set you up for a sequel.  Anyway I'm off to Germany again this Friday.  Were landing in Frankfurt and off to work on two Army post one is Grafenwohr, its in the middle of no where and then to Schweunfurt, I love it there, very active city.  Will be staying in a hotel in the market area.  Some of us will be training soldiers as we work on a certain system we had been working on.  When we come home for a few weeks it will be off to Augusta Georgia to do the same.  So I'll get to see some nice weather for a change to break up the winter.  I'm in Alcoholics Anonymous and had made some friends in Augusta, can't wait to see them again.  Infact I have friends all other the place.  Can never be too friendly :)

Your right about another thing..... You have to have a lot of fun too.......Remember, don't think just do, because your mind can talk you out of living life to it's fullest !