Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My visit to a Real-Life MMO Theme Park.

DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Hi all!

It's so great to be back in town. I spent my vacation at the latest Real-Life MMORPG Theme Park. I thought I would share some of my adventures with you!

My Trip

So I thought it would be nice to experience the GRAND OPENING!

The place was PACKED. Thus, I decided that I would just come back in 30 days and try again.

Ahh! That's better!

After walking around the Theme Park, I started to feel lonely. I couldn't find anyone! I decided to visit the main starting city. Perhaps I can find someone there!

Ahh! I found someone!

The kid was very upset and alone. I asked him what had happened. He told me of certain changes that took place...changes that drove everyone away.

He had told me of a once popular Bumper-Car Battleground Instance. He told me how people were constantly screaming and demanding "nerfs".

He had told me how the developers listened to all the kids, yet ignored all the adults.

Thus, the developers started to make changes...

The kid told me how this had angered most of the adults...

The adults were upset because of their lack of freedom. They couldn't do anything other than participate in the Theme Park rides. They couldn't leave the main line.

Everyone became BORED.

The Only place to find anyone was at the Theme Park's Market

People were outraged. They turned on the park's managers, employees, and developer staff.

I hear the park is going "Free-to-Visit".

Comments

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

Really funny, too bad all sandboxes except Eve only have one or two crying toddlers that have soiled their diapers ever in them.  You might want want to have your mom check yours, I think I can smell ya from here, shoo weee that stinks!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    That's so full of blind hate that it's pathetic, not funny.

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    This forum is too sandbox.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Originally posted by Latronus

Really funny, too bad all sandboxes except Eve only have one or two crying toddlers that have soiled their diapers ever in them.  You might want want to have your mom check yours, I think I can smell ya from here, shoo weee that stinks!

Originally posted by Vrika

Why are these people so upset over what is quite a correct observation by the OP on what is happening in most mmorpg nowadays?

Don't think he is saying which side is right which side is wrong, just that he is describing what he sees, which is not far from truth.

• ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89

Thought the OP was talking about themeparks. Guess sandbox = themepark now a days?

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Originally posted by Vrika

Why are these people so upset over what is quite a correct observation by the OP on what is happening in most mmorpg nowadays?

Don't think he is saying which side is right which side is wrong, just that he is describing what he sees, which is not far from truth.

This, how many themeparks are released yearly and suffer due to lack of being a "good game". A lot. Out of the 463 themeparks released this past 5 years only 5 are worth a damn, rest are f2p, b2p, or closed.

Its not that i hate themeparks, i just hate what they have become and every single one is exactly like the last. TSW was the only themepark i have played that was different, and i enjoy it. Rift and one other i play and thats it. I cant stomache the cookie cutters any longer. Thank god this next few years will have a choice of sandboxes and themeparks. Hopefulyt this will get themepark developers in gear and make some damn good games for a change.

• aWRAYaWRAY Member Posts: 84
    That's hilarious. Thank you.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Funny, true, and accurate with today's themeparks. Nice job!  :)
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Very well made image

Someone took this funny joke way to seriously, this is quite accurate how themeparks are nowdays.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    What a masterpiece of a post. Thank you for the laugh before dinner, it was a good one.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

From the rules of conduct:

Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
    For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

This thread is going nowhere and fast. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.