Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will an old school WoW twink like this game?

Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223

I can't play WoW anymore.  So bad.  Such a tread mill.  Empty worlds.  

Is GW2 for a ganker like me?

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    No, not at all. The playing field is too level.
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Try age of wushu they allow ganking anywhere. Also for a good ol' fun time you can be the jerk that disrupts my FREAKING TP every morning.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Well, you can make quite a girly looking male character. I think this game is perfect for a twink, OP.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'll say "yes" just to get you, and people like you, out of WoW. 
  • Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    That happened a year ago ma'am.  How's the new Pokemon edition working out for you?
  • Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by colddog04

I don't mean being an OP twink, I meant more like is it an endless treadmill of quests, dailies and rep building or can you jump in and start fighting?  I only played 19 and 29 twinks (pre BOA) because i wasn't into leveling or raiding.  I made my twinks from blues I bought on the AH and had few enchants.  Thats what I mean by twinking.  I was never a level 19 with 2000 health and 60% dodge.  

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Kamandi777

I don't mean being an OP twink, I meant more like is it an endless treadmill of quests, dailies and rep building or can you jump in and start fighting?  I only played 19 and 29 twinks (pre BOA) because i wasn't into leveling or raiding.  I made my twinks from blues I bought on the AH and had few enchants.  Thats what I mean by twinking.  I was never a level 19 with 2000 health and 60% dodge.  

Well...

You can start a level 1 character and start PvPing in structured PvP right away. They boost you to 80 the second you enter the sPvP area. sPvP is basically like battlegrounds. You get to choose your skills/gear/everything and get to jump in right away. They have this team tounament system where you can join up for 3 rounds of single elimination until there is a winning team. I don't really even do random sPvP anymore.

It also has WvW. WvW is a group of 4 large instanced maps where you fight against 2 other servers. In WvW, it takes your PvE level and gear into account and then bolsters you to 80. You get a higher health pool and your stats are scaled, but Exotic geared (top gear) level 80s will still have a pretty strong advantage.

That's a quick sum up of what to expect if you are interested. There really is no way to "twink" a la WoW. Even in WoW, they separated the people that stopped their XP a while back. The new twinks are BoA gear stacked characters that just keep rerolling.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Empty Worlds because of gankers like you image

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

If you like PvP steer clear of this one. Worst PvP in any MMO I have played.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by sudo
    Well, you can make quite a girly looking male character. I think this game is perfect for a twink, OP.

FUNNY... so far it looks like only you and I know the actual definition of TWINK. *shakes head* It's why I never used the word ever when I played a game, makes people look stupid as hell if you ask me. I mean, find another word or just use simply OP, (overpowered).  Really. 

Just so everyone else reading can know and fit in, here is the wikipedia definition....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

"Twink" is a gay slang term describing a young or young-looking gay man with a slender, ectomorph build, little or no body hair, and no facial hair[4][5] In some societies, the term chick or chicken is preferred.[6] The related term twinkle-toes, which implies that a man is effeminate, tends to be used in a derogatory manner.[7] The terms can be complimentary or pejorative.[8][9]

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

It's not an endless trek of quests, but it's there. You can choose to do daily activities or dungeons. What specifically are you looking for?

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

as old WoW player you'll suffer from limited content, repetitive activities (Dynamic Events), noob PvP and pretty pointless WvW.
    crafting will simply drive you mad. =D
    only challenge you can have so far is keep a life at any dungeon as they broke 2x3 system and now every one is for himself.

oh yes! you gonna love this game is you are fun of JUMP, just keep push W+space bar = for the win!
    seems like cheap console joke, but seems to be truth...

sure you'll like graphic work, but similar you can look for free at AION or TERA (can't decide which is better), I go there, admire graphics and think about past gaming fun...

By the way, some "old school" people like Aion, so look it may be as it free anyhow.
    And similar style but challenging and high quality game is LoTRO (keep in mind you need to pay 9$ time to time to have full content).

GW2 is very bad game for hard core player, it's great only if you have limited time and enjoy just to have something to play for free.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    That happened a year ago ma'am.  How's the new Pokemon edition working out for you?

I really enjoy the pet battles.... Spose something is wrong with me?

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    I would say purchase the game and try it out.  The pvp is pretty fun and sort of becoming more balanced.  Roll a thief - you'll find they are stronger then the Rogue was in WoW, especially with the stealth mechanics in GW2.
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Praetalus

I really enjoy the pet battles.... Spose something is wrong with me?

Yeah lots of people enjoy the pet battles and collecting pets. 

But Blizzard haters are gonna hate no matter what.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Man, addressing the title and a few posts that use the word twink... i just never got it. I know its been in mmorpg term usage for a while now but does anyone know how long its been used as another term? Google the word twink once and then tell me how in the world the word twink was a good idea for an mmorpg term.
  • KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Better than most mmo pvp.

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

as old WoW player you'll suffer from limited content, repetitive activities (Dynamic Events), noob PvP and pretty pointless WvW.
    crafting will simply drive you mad. =D
    only challenge you can have so far is keep a life at any dungeon as they broke 2x3 system and now every one is for himself.

oh yes! you gonna love this game is you are fun of JUMP, just keep push W+space bar = for the win!
    seems like cheap console joke, but seems to be truth...

sure you'll like graphic work, but similar you can look for free at AION or TERA (can't decide which is better), I go there, admire graphics and think about past gaming fun...

By the way, some "old school" people like Aion, so look it may be as it free anyhow.
    And similar style but challenging and high quality game is LoTRO (keep in mind you need to pay 9$ time to time to have full content).

GW2 is very bad game for hard core player, it's great only if you have limited time and enjoy just to have something to play for free.

Funny, Borecraft has always been repetitive and has by far the worst pvp created. You Jump in borecraft too, most "nubs" do this same exact thing since they truly have no idea of how to pvp. (Yeah, most of you already know I played that game long ago, not for the bandwagon crap is it now, but when Blizzard cared for the games they created). People can continue to dislike GW2, it's clear that the wowwers need to throw steam off from their own pile of crap.

To the OP, I'm not going to say this in a sugar coated way or even with jimmies, You have played a game where you followed that carrot. Everything in that game has and will always be handed to you. I'm not saying GW2 is a complete challenge, however, what it does it does well. Like another poster already said, check it out for yourself. Clearly, you honestly can not go by anyone's opinion since you'll get quite a twisted outcome.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

Easily one of the worst pvp games, without a doubt.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Syllendale
    Originally posted by sudo

FUNNY... so far it looks like only you and I know the actual definition of TWINK. *shakes head* It's why I never used the word ever when I played a game, makes people look stupid as hell if you ask me. I mean, find another word or just use simply OP, (overpowered).  Really. 

Just so everyone else reading can know and fit in, here is the wikipedia definition....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_(gay_slang)

"Twink" is a gay slang term describing a young or young-looking gay man with a slender, ectomorph build, little or no body hair, and no facial hair[4][5] In some societies, the term chick or chicken is preferred.[6] The related term twinkle-toes, which implies that a man is effeminate, tends to be used in a derogatory manner.[7] The terms can be complimentary or pejorative.[8][9]

That's a nice definition you've grabbed off Wiki.. So where's the definition of 'Twink" in gaming?

Cause that only means someone stopping at threshold of level scale (i.e 1-9, 10-19, 20-29. Twinks in gaming are those like to get to level "29" and then stopping their XP progress so that they can get all the best gear in that level range to top out the character..

Seemingly a twink can increase their power to the point of actually being more powerful than avg 29 and just as strong as someone possible a few levels past..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    WvW is a gank fest but i doubt you'll find many there while on off hours.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

If you like twinking to get into the action quiker then GW2 is the answer your looking for.  You can level up to 80 in a weekend and get full exotic geared by jsut spending about $50 on the gems and converting them into gold.  After that then you can level up all 8 professions to 400 (which will get you to 80) for around 30ish gold and use the rest of the gold to buy you a full suit of exotic weapons/armor and a set of yellow jewlery.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

lolol^

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

There are no old school WOW style “twink” equivalents in GW2 thanks to the way they handle PVP and gear. Everyone is adjusted to the same level, with the same restrictions, and can select equivalent gear. In WvWvW there are opportunities for ganking but you will not succeed as a would be lone wolf on the battlefield. Balance is a work in progress and there are still some class power bugs. PVP is a part of the game with some e-spot sensibilities to be enjoyed with everything else on tap rather than exclusively.