Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Is TSW the best MMO ever made?

1234568»

Comments

  • MarcelinoMarcelino BlackburnPosts: 116Member Uncommon

    The game is absolutly brilliant, I am having a blast experimenting with the different decks and skills.

     

    I would not call it the best tho, I have still yet to find that game.....

  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Summerville, SCPosts: 412Member Uncommon
    I think it was the best game of the year and best game in atlest the past 4-5 years.  But no probably not the best game I've ever played.  Its a fun game with a good storyline and fun dungeons that require thought and skill at the end game.


    Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
    Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
    Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
    ??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
    Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
    Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift
  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Both TSW and GW2 were games that tried new things this year, and I think the industry is better for it.  Some things succeeded better than others, but I'm happy that companies are taking risks and improving on design and mechanics.  Neither is the best MMO ever made, but enjoying them just the same.
  • RyukanRyukan Mason, MIPosts: 706Member Uncommon
    Decent game but far from being the best ever.
  • mistmakermistmaker viennaPosts: 232Member Uncommon

    not the best, by far not. but decent!

     

    great atmosphere and very good graphics. excellent quests. good setting.

     

    edit: but same problems like other themeparks. too on rails, too many instances. too singleplayer-like

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Originally posted by mistmaker

    not the best, by far not. but decent!

     

    great atmosphere and very good graphics. excellent quests. good setting.

     

    edit: but same problems like other themeparks. too on rails, too many instances. too singleplayer-like

     

    Originally posted by mistmaker
     

    these are all opinions, but for me

     

    tsw has by far the better questing and more REAL content

    tsw pvp is fine for me 

    gw2 world is big but not really big, just a lot of same within the same borders...

     

    bo games are fine, but i would never compare them. i liked tsw more, i dont like the weapon bound attacks nor am i a fan of underwater combat. i prefer the freedom of tsw, but on the other hand, neither of those games can really keep me playing longer.

     

    waiting for the sandbox games...

     

     

     

    So which one is it? too on rail or offers a lot of freedom? can't have it both ways.

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • mistmakermistmaker viennaPosts: 232Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Originally posted by mistmaker

    not the best, by far not. but decent!

     

    great atmosphere and very good graphics. excellent quests. good setting.

     

    edit: but same problems like other themeparks. too on rails, too many instances. too singleplayer-like

     

    Originally posted by mistmaker
     

    these are all opinions, but for me

     

    tsw has by far the better questing and more REAL content

    tsw pvp is fine for me 

    gw2 world is big but not really big, just a lot of same within the same borders...

     

    bo games are fine, but i would never compare them. i liked tsw more, i dont like the weapon bound attacks nor am i a fan of underwater combat. i prefer the freedom of tsw, but on the other hand, neither of those games can really keep me playing longer.

     

    waiting for the sandbox games...

     

     

     

    So which one is it? too on rail or offers a lot of freedom? can't have it both ways.

    for me too on rails like most themeparks, but in comparison to gw2 its more freedom, especially the skill system. the maps in tsw are also better than gw2. but still, i am not a big fan of map-instances between mountains, so for me, i prefer sandboxes, open worlds. neither of those games have that, but tsw did it better imo.

     

    anymore questions? i am happy to answer all of them, no matter what purpose

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    Originally posted by mistmaker
     

    for me too on rails like most themeparks, but in comparison to gw2 its more freedom, especially the skill system. the maps in tsw are also better than gw2. but still, i am not a big fan of map-instances between mountains, so for me, i prefer sandboxes, open worlds. neither of those games have that, but tsw did it better imo.

     

    anymore questions? i am happy to answer all of them, no matter what purpose

    I am not talking about comparison with GW2 and i really don't even care about GW2 but since we are talking about TSW being too on rails and offers a lot of freedom at the same time, they are both polar opposite things. A game can either be too linear (on rails) or offers freedom to players.  It can not be both as one cancels the other.

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    I think he means linear in terms of how you journey through the game, but freeform in how you build your character

    Anyway to answer op. NO
  • ScarfeScarfe londonPosts: 281Member
    Taking everything into account I'd say that vanilla wow is the best game ever made.  Right time, right place, right game.

    currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Nah. Eve or daoc imo.

    Definetly not wow, prefer tsw to wow.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member

    No, because its not even really an MMO. There's nothing about it that's massively multiplayer. It's a singleplayer game with optional COOP at best.

     

    And do you seriously believe something like this can compare with games like UO?

  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

    No, because its not even really an MMO. There's nothing about it that's massively multiplayer. It's a singleplayer game with optional COOP at best.

     

    And do you seriously believe something like this can compare with games like UO?

    Have to disagree with this one.  Dungeons (3 modes), raid, lairs, PvP, RP venues, cabals/guilds, chat, group finding tool.  TSW has no fewer grouping tools and features than any other current MMO.  If you aren't finding groups, you aren't looking.

    Not saying TSW is the best MMO ever made, but it is definitely an MMO.

1234568»
This discussion has been closed.