Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Totally Free Wushu

Comments

• sunrunnersunrunner Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Afterlife
    Getting around 350-520 ms ping from west coast U.S.

Averaged around 250~ to the Russian server with Frontier DSL from AZ.

• cyricsoncyricson Member UncommonPosts: 129

This thread should be named "Totally free Wushu" so that ppl can check it immmediately.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by channel84
    Thanks for the update, will try out the russian server as snail age of wushu is really pissing me off with their customer service and money grabbing marketing. It's a good game but just not with snail.

and you think russian customer service will be better? :)

i hope you can write and read cyrillic

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    Originally posted by cyricson

This thread should be named "Totally free Wushu" so that ppl can check it immmediately.

Great idea and done.

• tyranadetyranade Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Thanks for great advice. I followed the instructions and managed to log in without problems.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    I'm moving over as we speak.

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379
    I am glad all you guys are coming over, I started this thread because a lot of people are loving the game. However the one hour time limit that Snail put on people that don't buy those packages makes it hard to enjoy the game. So this is another option to counter that.
  • bhaalmbbhaalmb Member UncommonPosts: 10

I moved over yesterday...hope to see you guys ingame. :)

Greetings from Germany.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295

YaY thx Guys thought about trying this since it sounds unlike any MMO i ever played (well EVE maybe but i dont like Scifi) but the 1 hour limit of the na version really put me off and the eu version doesnt even have a clear date.Ping seems to be fine here from Germany (probably better then it would be with the na version anyway)

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    I am in the Russian version now and a newly appointed member of the Beggars school. Any English speaking guilds suitable for a lowly beggar

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Coming to join with my friends.

Can anyone write a list of clans (or w/e they are called) on the russian servers for us english speaking? :)

• robbert777robbert777 Member Posts: 9
    i have not seen alot of english speaking people, but if you are looking for an english guild you should look for YingziFusion

For infinity

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Gormok
    For those of you that are playing the limited closed NA beta, the Russian version has went OB as of today. All you have to do is register and download the client, and you can play it in english. There is a guide on the Age of Wulin site that shows how to register and convert the client, it is a very simple process. Just use google translate for the site, and copy 3 files from the NA version into the Russian version's res folder. It's more detailed on the Age of Wulin site for those that are interested in playing without the timer restriction that the NA beta has.

yyyyyyeeeeeaaaaa..... lemme think about it.

do i wanna play with russians? hmmmmm... dunno

uh wait... i do know, no i dont want to. thx for the info tho ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Russian Age of Wushu = Age of Rushu?

lol

don't make fun of bot country.....KGB will be coming for you.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I have it updating,, so i DLed the english translation, the 3 files and put them in the res file. i want to replace the 3 that where there originally with the new 3 right? and is it normal my patcher is completely in russian stilll?
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by NytM4re
    I have it updating,, so i DLed the english translation, the 3 files and put them in the res file. i want to replace the 3 that where there originally with the new 3 right? and is it normal my patcher is completely in russian stilll?

Yes thats all and it will still stay russian. :p

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

russian client says ...

SWORD CB1 on the only server showing when its updating. this normal?

thought it was OB

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by wyldmagik

russian client says ...

SWORD CB1 on the only server showing when its updating. this normal?

thought it was OB

SWORD CB1 is normal, yes.

I'm not sure which beta they are in, but that is the correct server name.

I finally moved over to the Russian beta yesterday. 

I'd rather play the US server, but my choices suck at the moment. 

I can play for 1 hour per day, or I can pay 20 bucks without any word on when or if they will be shutting down for some length of time in between CB2 and OB or launch. The statement that they've made is just them saying nothing really. 

If they make an official statement regarding any blackouts during the transition from CB to OB or launch, I will gladly pay and play the US version.

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Okay, did I get it right that I have to download the NA version and install it and copy three files. After that I download the russian version and replace those files?

If I understood correctly it would be great if someone could send me the files I have to replace because my connection is really slow.

• kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49

What I don't get is why can Russia do what NA / EU should've done in the 1st place, open the beta to everyone.

they always claim they can't because of license agreements but that seems to be total bullshit !

I'm so tired of this US only bullshit !

when a european developer releases a game they don't shut you out !

If they keep this bullshit up EU developers should also retaliate and shut them out for a change !

/rant off.

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Torgen

Okay, did I get it right that I have to download the NA version and install it and copy three files. After that I download the russian version and replace those files?

If I understood correctly it would be great if someone could send me the files I have to replace because my connection is really slow.

1. dl and isntall the RUSSIAN version

2. dl the EURO version Language files

3. replace the files

4. register

5. log in

wont bother reposting the proper links, since they all are on the verry first page of this thread, bottom of the page

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by birdycephon

Russian Age of Wushu = Age of Rushu?

lol

Well, in Russia, it's pronounced Ushu.

In Soviet Russia, the R pronounces u :P

:) That made me laugh. And I'm hungover so it hurt my head..

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

I can play for 1 hour per day, or I can pay 20 bucks without any word on when or if they will be shutting down for some length of time in between CB2 and OB or launch. The statement that they've made is just them saying nothing really. 

If they make an official statement regarding any blackouts during the transition from CB to OB or launch, I will gladly pay and play the US version.

On their forum, they have a post from mods or devs stating they haven't taken any decision yet on shutting time.

If it's just a ploy to get people to buy VIP or not, that I dunno. 

Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by Mithrandolir

On their forum, they have a post from mods or devs stating they haven't taken any decision yet on shutting time.

If it's just a ploy to get people to buy VIP or not, that I dunno. 

Aye, I did see that post. I just wish they would make a decision, so I could justify the purchase.

I'm sure they'd honor any unused time if they close down for any length of time, but I'd rather just play free until i know there will be no blackouts left. The moment they say there's no more shutdowns (and this may be the case now, just waiting for them to confirm it), I'll buy and play here.