Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nothing but a fancy gimmick in the end?

BoonshniggleBoonshniggle Member Posts: 48

Just wondering how people feel about the game that have put some decent time into it. I have and I'm not sure how I feel overall about it.

I am definitely not happy with their F2P model. The playtime to aquire the class of mech you want without paying is quite a bit. I really which they could be more like PS2 and at least make all classes available and have addons/cosmetics for sale.

Really sucks that I wanna play sharpshooter like I did in closed beta, but gotta play assault (which I hate) for quite a while until I get to.

Then, when it comes to the game itself....At first I loved the feeling of being in a mech, they nailed that. However, when it comes to the game mechanics overall (excluding the mech gimmick), it feels stale and lacking of features.

See how I feel when there is hopefully more maps and siege gamemode is more polished, I guess *shrug*

Still playing it, and it's still in beta phase...so here's hoping it improves.

Comments

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Boonshniggle

Just wondering how people feel about the game that have put some decent time into it. I have and I'm not sure how I feel overall about it.

I am definitely not happy with their F2P model. The playtime to aquire the class of mech you want without paying is quite a bit. I really which they could be more like PS2 and at least make all classes available and have addons/cosmetics for sale.

Really sucks that I wanna play sharpshooter like I did in closed beta, but gotta play assault (which I hate) for quite a while until I get to.

Then, when it comes to the game itself....At first I loved the feeling of being in a mech, they nailed that. However, when it comes to the game mechanics overall (excluding the mech gimmick), it feels stale and lacking of features.

See how I feel when there is hopefully more maps and siege gamemode is more polished, I guess *shrug*

Still playing it, and it's still in beta phase...so here's hoping it improves.

Maybe there's something I'm missing but...I made ~576 Hawken points my first time playing the game tonight (already had a bunch to start), and only played about an hour. Another hour or so of play and I'll have enough to buy almost any Mech.

It's not really a features type game, Totalbiscuit nailed it in his beta preview saying it's a game to get in and kill.

I'm sure I won't be investing ridiculous hours into it, but it's darn fun to just get in and play. Also, I checked what I'd get for 25$, and it was a ridiculous amount of points in-game (if I so chose). I find their F2P model INCREDIBLY fair compared to most games.

What do you want for free? Instant over-powered mech?