Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPGs ruined my life

MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
I used to spend too much time playing them. Now I hardly spend any time playing a single one. Not a single one is fun. If they were still fun then I  could have avoided so much trouble. Since I stopped playing MMORPGs I have gotten into so much trouble. If I had kept playing them then I would never have gotten into so much trouble. So it is THERE fault. I was just looking for fun at other places, and it turns out those places only had trouble to offer.

Comments

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Actually it is your failure to get into reading that is to blame for ruining your life.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    There's quite a number of arguably better gaming genres than MMO's you could check out. image
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    I will +1 wolfenpride.

Ive been wailing away at a bunch of ps3 games at my cousins and im about to buy a wii u and play zombiu @_@ still have my backlog of games as well x.x

So many games to play...

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Hazelle
    Actually it is your failure to get into reading that is to blame for ruining your life.

Right now I am reading The Closing of the American Mind

Originally posted by Magiknight

So now it's rock and roll and 80s rock music that ruined your life?

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

no it's an old game called gambling

no it's an old game called gambling

Are you sure it's not MMORPGs?

Dude, you're 28 years old - take the 50 years you have remaining and rebuild.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    I used to spend too much time playing them. Now I hardly spend any time playing a single one. Not a single one is fun. If they were still fun then I  could have avoided so much trouble. Since I stopped playing MMORPGs I have gotten into so much trouble. If I had kept playing them then I would never have gotten into so much trouble. So it is THERE fault. I was just looking for fun at other places, and it turns out those places only had trouble to offer.

Nothing is responsible for the choices or actions you take in your life. The only one responsible for those choices is you.

That said, fun is what you make it! a excess in anything will give you a bad day :-D. Have you tried multiple hobbies? I play mmos, play single player games, go out with my metal detector. watch movies with the wife. In the summer I do midnight bowling. Workout.. Just to name some of the things that keep me occupied. No one is going to hand over things to do on a plate and platter. You have to create those things yourself.

Here is something to think about. Because I have so many things to do or can do I dont get in trouble. My time is occupied! Makes a big difference! Between my work and home I have a very content and full life. That is a achievement you should work towards. Just remember to do the things that wont get you into trouble!

Originally posted by xpowderx

Nothing is responsible for the choices or actions you take in your life. The only one responsible for those choices is you.

That said, fun is what you make it! a excess in anything will give you a bad day :-D. Have you tried multiple hobbies? I play mmos, play single player games, go out with my metal detector. watch movies with the wife. In the summer I do midnight bowling. Workout.. Just to name some of the things that keep me occupied. No one is going to hand over things to do on a plate and platter. You have to create those things yourself.

Here is something to think about. Because I have so many things to do or can do I dont get in trouble. My time is occupied! Makes a big difference! Between my work and home I have a very content and full life. That is a achievement you should work towards. Just remember to do the things that wont get you into trouble!

You affirmed his entire premise.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Really OP? Come on...

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• SeiTieSSeiTieS Member Posts: 21

are you depressed? you need to go to the counselors or sumthing? :O 

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Poor thing.
  • firestarter017firestarter017 Member Posts: 25
    Don't blame mmorpgs for that. Addiction is something that you have to control before it spiral out of control. There are good games still, just to monitor your hour of play with those games.