Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

being threatened

dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
A guy add me on skype and said that he knows my IP address, and he actually know exactly my IP address. He said he will disconnect me from the internet. What should i do ?

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Are you really serious?

1. He knows your IP address because Skype shows him your IP address when you're in contact with him

EDIT: Here's how he finds your IP address: http://blog.hcstation.com/2012/06/how-to-find-ip-address-of-someone-via.html /EDIT

2. IP addresses are just addresses. That threat is about as serious as someone threatening to disconnect your phone because they know your phone number.

• dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    But what about the picture he showed me ?
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Ask your internet service provider if you have a static or dyanmic IP address.  If it's dynamic then turn your router off, go out and eat at Whataburger, come back and turn your router back on.  You'll have a new different IP address.

Then never 'talk' to that person again.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • dg29031994dg29031994 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    If i block or remove them form contact then they will not be able to see my IP again right ?
  • hishamsupianhishamsupian Member Posts: 2
    i think it just a pranks .. just a normal udp .. it can't do anything to you. if u use broadband your ip is dynamic so don't worry