Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new MMO with a great PvE storyline

CelerionCelerion Member Posts: 30

Looking for an MMO as an alternative to the other games I play.

With the other games I play, one being Allods Online which has great graphics for a PC game, but I have found the PvE repeditive with the classic "go here, kill this, gather this".   Some of that is fine, but when it is all that it gets old regardless of how nice the game looks.   Wanting a game that has a broad PvE experiece to level up thru as well as reasonable to decent graphics although it is not a deal breaker.  Also looking for an alternative to the fantacy elves and orcs and dwarfs.   

To make a quick and easy summary of what I want from a new game:

Creative/broad PvE gameplay to level up in

Non Fantasy please

Playable on the PC

Non browser based game

Willing to buy a disc but FTP due to most of my financial budget going to college costs.

Thanks much and feel free to post more questions in the comments if more info is needed in locating the right game.

Mystic3333/Celerion

Celerion
Contact me on Twitter @IAMCelerion and chat.

Comments

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    There are no new games like this yet mate, maybe later this year if EQ next will release....
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    The Secret World or  Star Wars
  • abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Yeah, you basically just described TSW. If you're looking for arguably the best stories/characters in a modern MMO you really can't do any better than The Secret World.

And if you're interested in RP I run the RP community for the game, so shoot me a PM on here.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    what do you mean run the RP community?
  • abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Heh, I just mean that I started TSW-RP.com. We're about 1,600 people strong at this point so make up a sizeable chunk of the RP community. Do I actually "lead" them? Not at all. I'm merely a facilitator.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Ditto on TSW.  Maybe Fallen Earth, but not sure on how storyline driven it is.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

"Non Fantasy please"

Have you tried EvE Online? It's more sandboxy than storyline, but it's worth at least a trial.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I heard DFUW had a amazing PVE expierince..just ignore all the other guys..they are your freinds

oh right no fantasy

Well back to my normal awnser  Hello Kitty Online or serious awnser just occured to me  Pirates of the Burning Sea or Uncharted Waters

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Yeah TSW has a great story.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tsw I would say. I mean it is fantasy, but its modern urban fantasy.

It's b2p too.

Personally I can't stand the endgame, but leveling wise its fun. If you like doing dungeons a lot you will get more out of end game than me.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I'd also recommend TSW. It and SWTOR are the only MMOs with decent story, but SWTOR is quite terrible otherwise and has a bad F2P model.
  • AngryBeaverAngryBeaver Member UncommonPosts: 46

The only games that have what your looking for is UO ,AC and AC2. AC2 is in Beta and you can play it with a sub to AC. They say there wont be a Charactor wipe after Beta so that is what i would suggest.

All the modern games are the same as you described. This is exactly why im so excited about the re release of AC2.

All i can say is give it a try, I have playied every game out there and they are all the same except the old school game that will still suck you in an give the the experiance your looking for. AC2 has the best Graphix of the 2.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

I fully concur of the TSW storyline. it is fun. However a warning, if you do not like to think and only blow through questing via "cheat" sites then you are not going to enjoy it for what it was intended. Mind you, I have no clue about Moris Code, so I HAD to go to a site to even figure that out.

If you have a thick skin, SWTOR isn't bad for a story. I'd suggest a Imperial Agent as it is generally recognized as the best story in the game.

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by AngryBeaver

The only games that have what your looking for is UO ,AC and AC2. AC2 is in Beta and you can play it with a sub to AC. They say there wont be a Charactor wipe after Beta so that is what i would suggest.

All the modern games are the same as you described. This is exactly why im so excited about the re release of AC2.

All i can say is give it a try, I have playied every game out there and they are all the same except the old school game that will still suck you in an give the the experiance your looking for. AC2 has the best Graphix of the 2.

AC2 for story?  OK, look i like AC2 but story is not the reason why---TSW or SWTOR= Nuff said

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    If you can get past some rather bland combat, The Secret World is very much worth it.  I think it retails for $30 now, and has no subscription.  You don't have to deal with restrictions making you a 2nd class citizen like Star Wars.  And, like others have said, the story and atmosphere is definitely one of the best out, if not the best.

You make me like charity