Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of buying Mist, what's the size of the download ?

Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
Fresh install from the Mist installer, i'm looking at how many Go ?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    Fresh install from the Mist installer, i'm looking at how many Go ?

5gig probably, that will expand to 10gig?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I'd have 20 gigs free just to be safe, and I know its probably not nearly that much in size but Its definitly not over it. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,881
    Less than 0,5gb before you get to play the game since it streams data when playing. I don't remember how large the total download was.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Why does the download size matter in 2013?
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Blizzard doesn't handle expansion downloads this way anymore.  The game is about 20 gigs right now, and I'm pretty sure a lot of that gets streamed in a compressed format, so you're probably looking at about 15 gigs of downloaded data.  I believe you can start playing the game after about 10 gigs, and let the rest stream in the background.

You make me like charity

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by jpnole
    Why does the download size matter in 2013?

Thats a very good question.  While many people are going for SSDs which are nice, although quite small, they're not really much use for games, at least I don't see a difference in games when they're either HDD or SSD.  If you're a serious PC gamer, then one should have a 1-3TB drive for storage and games...

Or they have a horrible ISP with monthly DL limits...there are many unlimited options in most cities to choose from so that shouldn't be an issue either, ah well!