Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why don't you like The War Z?

Comments

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    Originally posted by Ichmen

never played it,

I stopped reading after that.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Because its a con
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    War z is a quickly hacked mod to war inc. It's been in development for a few months.

It's designed to cash in on world war z and day z.
  • Teran1987Teran1987 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    I honestly wanted to give this game a try, but after the NUMEROUS horror stories about devs helping people cheat, the staff shitting on the playerbase, the game missing tons of what was promised. I elected to spend my money on something else. Maybe if it's still alive in 6 months I'll give it another go.

"Life is not judged by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

• newbonewbo Member Posts: 37

**In my post, I mention opinions shared by a large portion of the vocal internet community, and then I give my opinion underneath.

I'll give you the truth about the game. I've been playing it since it was released for alpha months ago. Completely UNBIAS as I really don't give a rat's behind about this game, but I think the internet communities unjustly ruined any potential this game had. Not to say the developers didn't have a hand in tarnishing its own reputation.

FACT: Titov was a developer on one of the worst games of all time, Big Rigs.

Does that mean doom anything he releases in the future? Absolutely not, it means be vigilant, but the game should be rated on its own merits, not on the developer's past.

OPINION: I've heard people continuously saying the cash shop is pay-to-win.

I suppose in a way this is true since the objective is to survive the elements like hunger and thirst. So yes, you can buy food and drinks with money, but anyone who has played this game and actually looked at the cash shop knows the majority of items are either cosmetic or ammo/attachments. The only useful ammo is for the M107, people spending money on anything else just ends up losing it within the hour. There really isn't a point in buying the attachments either, unless its the blackwater long range scope. Nothing in that store is literally pay-to-win, there are no guns, you still need to go out and find those.

FACT: The game is full of hackers.

This is a REALLY HUGE PROBLEM. The game is literally filled with hackers, don't even bother playing on the 100 slots, you may as well jump off the highest mountain and save yourself the time and trouble. The game is enjoyable if you can find a low-pop server between 5-25 players. Even then, you're just as likely to have a hacker on the server, but you're chances of meeting one are lower.

OPINION: The zombies are shitty.

I was there at the beginning, and I have to say they really improved on the zombies. I remember when the zombies literally didn't move or ran in place and were invincible. Thats pretty game-breaking. Since then, they've made them hit harder, chase longer, react to bullet fire better, and they've added a crazy amount of them in major cities, so many infact that it pisses me off at times. Of course you can just try to out-run them, but I feel like they make it so you actually have to deal with them now, as opposed to just ignoring them in early versions.

OPINION: This game is a direct copy of Day-Z

I've played Day-Z... this is nothing like it except that it has the same theme, zombie survival. Day-Z has far more realism interweaved within the gameplay. This is like.. the Call of Duty version of Day-Z. It's really arcadey, things are much easier to find, and you can tell that the whole point of the game is to go out and shoot other players. Thats probably a design decision, they have a cash shop, they want you to die with your cash shop items so that you go out and buy more cash shop items. It's a business, they need to make their money some how. If you want realism stay with Day-Z, this has such a low skill entry point, but that's not necessarily a flaw, it's simply more accessible. Also, I'm almost positive this game was NOT in development before Day-Z, but that's a different story.

OPINION: This is a clone of War-Inc

Have you actually played War Inc? I did, its shit. I don't know why this keeps being mentioned, "It's War Inc. with zombies". It uses the same engine if thats what you mean? A lot of development studios reuse assets and engines/code. Do you know how much work goes into making assets especially for a relatively small company? It's a lot. The game is nothing like War Inc except that they look similar in some aspects, other than that they are completely different games.

OPINION: This game is ugly

Well it's certainly not Crysis. Generally the game doesn't look half bad, albeit there are weird water effects and some textures look atrocious. But overall, it's sufficient for what it does.

FACT: Walking sucks.

Walking sucks. But I've heard vehicles are eventually being added at some point, I have no idea how that aspect of the game is going to work. Pray they aren't reusing code from Big Rigs.

FACT: They were removed from steam

Yes. They royally screwed the pooch when they mentioned features that weren't in game and had screenshots depicting elements of the game that were not in the game at all. The image of the zombies climbing the fence.. yeah that doesn't happen. They aren't PERMANENTLY removed though, they still have a page up there, its just that they had their ability to sell the game on steam revoked until they meet the standards Steam approves. Not sure if they will ever meet that standard.

OPINION: They blacklist people who ask for a refund, ban people who play the game alot/talk shit about it.

What do people care if they are blacklisted by them. You didn't like the game enough to get a refund, so you don't really have a reason to buy anything from them. You didn't miss out on anything with your money back, be free of the torment. This business about people being banned for no reason or speaking out, if its absolutely true, its the shadiest of shades for a company, and I wouldn't risk buying a $50 pack on this game. That being said, I bought a legendary pack since alpha, and I'm still around today. If you don't feel safe with this company, don't buy in. Simple as that. They may very well be crooks, but I don't know enough about this issue to comment any further on it.

FACT: They've been doing updates consistently since release of alpha.

It's true. Coming from day one to now, they actually changed a significant amount of the game for the better. Whether or not they keep it up, only time can tell. They called their recent release a "foundation build", which I guess means its a stable version of the game with the basic elements that make up the play functional (zombies work, guns work, collision fixes, no flying up the side of buildings, cash shop basic stuff, clans, full map, 100 player servers). These things really are the foundation of the game, the most basic of the basic. Hopefully they keep adding like the skill-tree they said they would have and the npc's which protect against bandits, and private servers, cars, the new map California, etc.

CONCLUSION: I think it was worth the money I put in, but I knew the risks and what the game had to offer intially. It's fun, it's not realistic or like Day-Z at all, its a time waster, don't take it too seriously. The people are murderers, there is a problem with hackers and the company may or may not be literally Hitler. I hope this overview of the game gives you all a better understanding of what the game actually has to offer. I'll answer any more questions people ask.

• AredylAredyl Member Posts: 22

My problems with the game:

1.) After all of the changes to the game, they still have not updated any of their "unofficial" FAQs on the game.  It still calls War Z a "MMORPG", knowing that the only MMORPG-like aspect of this game is "experience" (xp unlocks other playable models - no other benefit at this time).  They still reference quite a few older changes, such as 24 hour respawn times and that this game is close to unhackable, with the exception of a possible wall hack.  Anybody with a half of a brain can search youtube and find a slew of hacks for this game.  They need to put out a serious FAQ for people interested in the game, not something "unofficial" that does not reflect the current state of the game.

2.) The PvE element to this game is very thin.  Kill generic-looking zombies that are horribly programmed.  Its a challenge to do so with a melee weapon, but zombies become trivial with any firearm.  They move slower than players, take (mostly) direct lines to reach you (I watched zombies run around short fences and curbs multiple times), and only take a shot to the head to drop. If you run from zombies (which is very easy to do), they stop chasing after you after you reach a safe distance, typically around 30 feet or so.  After they stop chasing, they just stand there, frozen.  At this point, they typically forget about their "pack mentality" and are easily picked off one by one.

3.) They above would be enough to hold my attention for a few hours, devising different ways to kill zombies (shooting them in the head, leading them off of cliffs, maybe a couple of hits with a candy cane) but the hackers come into play.  Out of the time I did play, I did not die once to a legit player.  My first death: I just fell over.  With the camer panning around my body, I could watch me get riddled with bullets, but no gunshots or any other person nearby. My second death came to the hands a bit more devious - I slipped on a rock and fell about 6 feet... to my death.  I think my character's heart was in his foot and I stepped on a needle or something.  My third death was the most annoying: dying as I entered the game world.  When the screen finished loading, I was already hurt and was dead within a second after that.

After reading on the forums (plus browsing youtube), I understand people are having the same issues - mostly rampant hacking.  I can not recommend any game (or developer) that does not take its audience seriously.  The hacks used are the same ones for WarInc - naturally since it runs on the same engine - yet they have not announced any preventative measure or even acknowledged that it even exists (or deny it, like their unofficial FAQ).  

• KoreanSoWhatKoreanSoWhat Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

So lets say The War Z never came on Steam, or if it did, it listed the features in a different manner to be more clear the game is in alpha. And ignoring the PR from Sergey...

I'm talking about the game itself. Its an alpha game, they made that clear many times...but lacked that information on Steam, due to misinformation. But for an alpha game...what is it actually that you don't like about it?

And don't say because "lol pay for an alpha"

Guess how many people bought Minecraft in alpha? Millions. And it wasn't nearly feature complete, it had less features than The War Z...it took many updates for it to be "feature complete", but it was still being sold. Granted, it did make it clear it was an alpha game.

So, with that in mind...what of the game (not the developers, or anything with Steam)...but why don't you like the game itself?

I don't care about this game at all. First of all, I don't like it's name. War Z? Very low, ignorant looking name.

In fact I don't know what this game is like, I haven't searched about this game, I just heared this "War Z" name a few times.

I just don't like it, to begine with its immature name which implies game's contents must be immature also.

That's why I dont't like this game even though I know nothing about this game at all.

I kindly explained why I don't like this game, now it's time for you to say some appreciation to me for this precious knowledge.

Next time you guys can make a better game than this garbage.

• DollMighty8313DollMighty8313 Member Posts: 179

Here are 75 reasons why I don't like The WarZ.......... because:

1. Its developer is shady.
    2. Sergey Titov is an arrogant ass.
    3. The game lacks current graphics.
    4. Their initial claim that the game is a one time payment is a lie no matter how much fanbois want to argue against it.
    5. I don't want to pay extra money to have a clan with my large group of friends.
    6. I don't want to pay to get rid of my res timer if I run out of characters due to hackers killing me.
    7. Hackers are rampant.
    8. Hammerpoint Interactive lied to us when they told us the price would never be that low again $29.99 at the time.
    9. They handle their forums horribly.
    10. Forum moderators are complete idiots.
    11. They censor any mention of hackers on their forum.
    12. They LIED to everyone who bought the game.
    13. They insulted our intelligence when they said "We're sorry YOU misread..."
    14. Their map isn't as large as they claimed.
    15. Their game is a lazy port from War Inc.
    16. Their developers used homophobic slurrs.
    17. They are absolute amatures with public relations.
    18. They lied about getting refunds.
    19. They blacklisted anyone who asked for a refund from future purchases.
    20. They falsly advertised WarZ on steam.
    21. The game is an undeniable moneygrab off the success of Dean (Rocket) Hall.
    22. The game does not run on any system like they claim.
    23. Their servers do not hold as many people as they claim.
    24. Even their logo art was stolen from zombie images found on google.
    25. They lazily copied and pasted their terms of service from League Of Legends.
    26. There is audio proof of their developers saying they use god mode.
    27. The community is far worse than even World of Warcrafts as far as douchebags go.
    28. The game has massive issues with fall damage which means road travel is only option.
    29. Their night cycle is terrible.
    30. I don't like any of the weapons in the game.
    31. WarZ feels like it is a cheap knockoff...and it really is.
    32. Hammerpoint interactive obviously stole from DayZ because there was no legal protection for a free mod.
    33. Sergey Titov is a compulsive liar in just about every post that he writes up.
    34. They begged their community to give them positive reviews on metacritic and it failed horribly.
    35. They call themselves an MMO! Which is an insult to the genre. 100ppl on a server does not an mmo make.
    36. Sergey claims the false advertisement was a miscommunication between the devs and the marketing department despite the EXACT SAME TEXT being on their site.
    37. They routinely chalk up mistakes to miscommunication despite having admitted they have a very small team of 5-6.
    38. Their animations suck.
    39. The UI is terrible.
    40. Their map is blatantly thrown together...look at that apocalypse town that burned down....looks like CRAP.
    41. Their zombies can hit through walls and from insane distance even though the game has launched.
    42. They hide behind BETA tag despite saying their "Foundation release" was the launch of the game.
    43. They were removed from steam which is a sign of major problems.
    44. I was banned from their forums for asking how many people would be trying to get refunds after the "Pay for Clan" uprising.  Was given the reason "Troll."  The thread had 500+ replies and about 1200 votes at the time.
    45. Their forums were "Hacked" and deleted.  Not a problem but they were too dumb to do a backup so they are idiots.
    46. Hammerpoint is a flash company that appeared out of nowhere.
    47. They claim they were developing this game for two years even before dayZ which is obvious bullshit.
    48. Their moderators break their own forum rules.
    49. We're not allowed to call people fanbois on their forums, but Sergey called all the haters "DayZ Fanbois"
    50. Sergey Titov is a god damn hypocrite.
    51. Sergey Titov is barely literate in the English language and it is obvious.
    52. Look at WarZ's trees....they look like crap.
    53. They have a dumbass resurrection system.
    54. They are trying to nickle and dime everyone for minor stuff.
    55. Their moderators and developers play on the same servers as us with developer tools. (Video proof on youtube)
    56. I was calling this game would fail back in September just like RhinoCrunch.
    57. That whole Devin debacle was pitiful.
    58. Devin apoligized which seems like an obvious forced apology for legal reasons.
    59. You can reload a god damn gun without dropping a clip which is dumb as hell.
    60. Their mele weapons are idiotic to use.
    61. They have major balance issues with guns.  I can kill someone on the horizon with a shotgun if I aim perfectly.
    62. Safe-Zones are just a pussy thing to have in a "Zombie Apocalypse sim" which is what they call WarZ.
    63. Calling WarZ a "Zombie Apocalypse sim" is a slap in the face to every simulator out there.
    64. Sergey Titov is clearly a terrible game designer based on past work.
    65. Hammerpoint are aparently going to shut down in 6 months if the game isn't profitable.
    66. Their Alpha was more like a pre Alpha and their Beta was barely even an alpha as well.
    67. I don't find the game fun in any way.
    68. No Vehicles
    69. One map despite sales pitch claiming many.
    70. No skill trees despite sales pitch saying there are.
    71. They had to change their sales page on Steam because they LIED...or we misread is what they will say.
    72. Sergey Titov sent out a somber letter trying to apologize, too late, for being an arrogant c-sucker to everyone.
    73. We aren't allowed to criticize the game on the forum or people get banned.
    74. They seem to do something highly controversial just about every single week which is insane.
    75. I personally just think this game BLOWS and I am glad I got my refund.
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by dollada06

Here are 75 reasons why I don't like The WarZ.......... because:

1. Its developer is shady.
    2. Sergey Titov is an arrogant ass.
    3. The game lacks current graphics.
    4. Their initial claim that the game is a one time payment is a lie no matter how much fanbois want to argue against it.
    5. I don't want to pay extra money to have a clan with my large group of friends.
    6. I don't want to pay to get rid of my res timer if I run out of characters due to hackers killing me.
    7. Hackers are rampant.
    8. Hammerpoint Interactive lied to us when they told us the price would never be that low again $29.99 at the time.
    9. They handle their forums horribly.
    10. Forum moderators are complete idiots.
    11. They censor any mention of hackers on their forum.
    12. They LIED to everyone who bought the game.
    13. They insulted our intelligence when they said "We're sorry YOU misread..."
    14. Their map isn't as large as they claimed.
    15. Their game is a lazy port from War Inc.
    16. Their developers used homophobic slurrs.
    17. They are absolute amatures with public relations.
    18. They lied about getting refunds.
    19. They blacklisted anyone who asked for a refund from future purchases.
    20. They falsly advertised WarZ on steam.
    21. The game is an undeniable moneygrab off the success of Dean (Rocket) Hall.
    22. The game does not run on any system like they claim.
    23. Their servers do not hold as many people as they claim.
    24. Even their logo art was stolen from zombie images found on google.
    25. They lazily copied and pasted their terms of service from League Of Legends.
    26. There is audio proof of their developers saying they use god mode.
    27. The community is far worse than even World of Warcrafts as far as douchebags go.
    28. The game has massive issues with fall damage which means road travel is only option.
    29. Their night cycle is terrible.
    30. I don't like any of the weapons in the game.
    31. WarZ feels like it is a cheap knockoff...and it really is.
    32. Hammerpoint interactive obviously stole from DayZ because there was no legal protection for a free mod.
    33. Sergey Titov is a compulsive liar in just about every post that he writes up.
    34. They begged their community to give them positive reviews on metacritic and it failed horribly.
    35. They call themselves an MMO! Which is an insult to the genre. 100ppl on a server does not an mmo make.
    36. Sergey claims the false advertisement was a miscommunication between the devs and the marketing department despite the EXACT SAME TEXT being on their site.
    37. They routinely chalk up mistakes to miscommunication despite having admitted they have a very small team of 5-6.
    38. Their animations suck.
    39. The UI is terrible.
    40. Their map is blatantly thrown together...look at that apocalypse town that burned down....looks like CRAP.
    41. Their zombies can hit through walls and from insane distance even though the game has launched.
    42. They hide behind BETA tag despite saying their "Foundation release" was the launch of the game.
    43. They were removed from steam which is a sign of major problems.
    44. I was banned from their forums for asking how many people would be trying to get refunds after the "Pay for Clan" uprising.  Was given the reason "Troll."  The thread had 500+ replies and about 1200 votes at the time.
    45. Their forums were "Hacked" and deleted.  Not a problem but they were too dumb to do a backup so they are idiots.
    46. Hammerpoint is a flash company that appeared out of nowhere.
    47. They claim they were developing this game for two years even before dayZ which is obvious bullshit.
    48. Their moderators break their own forum rules.
    49. We're not allowed to call people fanbois on their forums, but Sergey called all the haters "DayZ Fanbois"
    50. Sergey Titov is a god damn hypocrite.
    51. Sergey Titov is barely literate in the English language and it is obvious.
    52. Look at WarZ's trees....they look like crap.
    53. They have a dumbass resurrection system.
    54. They are trying to nickle and dime everyone for minor stuff.
    55. Their moderators and developers play on the same servers as us with developer tools. (Video proof on youtube)
    56. I was calling this game would fail back in September just like RhinoCrunch.
    57. That whole Devin debacle was pitiful.
    58. Devin apoligized which seems like an obvious forced apology for legal reasons.
    59. You can reload a god damn gun without dropping a clip which is dumb as hell.
    60. Their mele weapons are idiotic to use.
    61. They have major balance issues with guns.  I can kill someone on the horizon with a shotgun if I aim perfectly.
    62. Safe-Zones are just a pussy thing to have in a "Zombie Apocalypse sim" which is what they call WarZ.
    63. Calling WarZ a "Zombie Apocalypse sim" is a slap in the face to every simulator out there.
    64. Sergey Titov is clearly a terrible game designer based on past work.
    65. Hammerpoint are aparently going to shut down in 6 months if the game isn't profitable.
    66. Their Alpha was more like a pre Alpha and their Beta was barely even an alpha as well.
    67. I don't find the game fun in any way.
    68. No Vehicles
    69. One map despite sales pitch claiming many.
    70. No skill trees despite sales pitch saying there are.
    71. They had to change their sales page on Steam because they LIED...or we misread is what they will say.
    72. Sergey Titov sent out a somber letter trying to apologize, too late, for being an arrogant c-sucker to everyone.
    73. We aren't allowed to criticize the game on the forum or people get banned.
    74. They seem to do something highly controversial just about every single week which is insane.
    75. I personally just think this game BLOWS and I am glad I got my refund.

Quoted for TRUTH.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

So lets say The War Z never came on Steam, or if it did, it listed the features in a different manner to be more clear the game is in alpha. And ignoring the PR from Sergey...

I'm talking about the game itself. Its an alpha game, they made that clear many times...but lacked that information on Steam, due to misinformation. But for an alpha game...what is it actually that you don't like about it?

And don't say because "lol pay for an alpha"

Guess how many people bought Minecraft in alpha? Millions. And it wasn't nearly feature complete, it had less features than The War Z...it took many updates for it to be "feature complete", but it was still being sold. Granted, it did make it clear it was an alpha game.

So, with that in mind...what of the game (not the developers, or anything with Steam)...but why don't you like the game itself?

So lets see, you are asking if I can ignore... 

1) The false advertising

2) The use of others work claiming it as their own

3) The threats made to players asking for refunds

4) The lieing after caught and blaming players and readers instead

5) The lieing about the state of the game "It's not in Alpha even though many screens in game tell you it's still in Alpha"

6) The constant double talk

7) The fact that I'd actually have to pay to play the Alpha version of the game

8) The assinine things they put on the cash shop

If I could ignore all of that, if none of that existed, whats keeping me from playing? Why NOTHING! I'd try it out in a heart beat. 

Which of course is why I'm looking forward to DayZ lol... 

• exwinexwin Member Posts: 221

Ah WarZ, so many reasons to love you. With all the issues with the game such as hacking, lack of content, lame zombies, Steam (need I say more?), the top priority for WarZ?.....

Katanas... really, I can't make this crap up.

Post by Kewk:

"Survivors!

As a token of gratitude for all of your support and patience with The War Z we will be adding Katana's to the game! What you say? That's not very impressive... Yeah I know Not only that but we will also be giving everyone a UNIQUE Katana! No one else will have access to these... unless they kill you <Highlander> There can be only one!</Highlander>.

These items do not exist in any form so they must be made from scratch; we will have them ready late next week.

Thanks for being here and your continued support!"

Thank you WarZ.

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95

The game isn't in alpha, and at the time of your original post it wasn't in alpha, or beta.  It's fully released now, with promises (potentially empty) of updates in the future.  Also you can't just ignore how a company interacts with it's playerbase, because even if the game was good if the company closes down due to horrible relations with customers you would have wasted your money. 

As others have stated already:

1)Hacking is rampant

2)Game is a PvP hack filled gank fest with little if any zombie interaction

3)Missing features that were promised.  When they say "private servers, skills and levels" but they don't have those things, YOU misread it.

4) This:  http://i.imgur.com/rmaZv.jpg

5)Complete rip off from Day Z trying to capitalize on their success.  Nothing wrong with that specifically....but be honest about it.  Don't lie and say the game was in development for years.  There is even a post from one of their developers on another forum asking the readers if they would be interested in a full standalone zombie game like Day Z, because they had the resources to start working on one.  That was in May of 2012.

Forgot to mention this in my last post:

They can not figure out how to create or work an anti-cheat into their game.  Their first attempt at an "anti-cheat" was to place marked items in sections where they felt players could not reach.  Anybody that touched the item would eventually get banned.

With this silly idea, a hacker would get the item and eventually die to a legit player, passing this item around the community.  Legit players ended up getting banned for this.  Also, some of the items that were marked were actually accessible to anybody without a cheat, leading to more players getting unjustly banned.

Their second wave of "anti-cheat" is about the same right now.  Lots of people on their support forums are banned permanently with no explanation.  Players need to submit a ticket to review their case and then request a reason for their ban via e-mail.

Why can't they just hire a 3rd party to help them with this?  They are already losing a significant amount of players to random bans on legit players.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Because it's a cash grab game. It originally had nothing to do with zombies and was retrofitted to ride the Day Z wave. The developers are shams.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    because I get really bored with zombie stuff. AND I hear nothing but bad things about the developers. I honestly won't ever buy any product from them, just because of the things that they've done with this title. Once a crook, always a crook.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Zombie genre is boring. The movies, the games, the walking dead. Bores me to no end.
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Because it's a cash grab game. It originally had nothing to do with zombies and was retrofitted to ride the Day Z wave. The developers are shams.

Of course.  Saying that the company and the game is a sham is one thing - point out examples helps eliminate doubt that they are nothing but a money grab.

• ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118

10 reasons :

1) Arts stolen from The walking dead

2) Game in dev since 6 months but they are pretending being the first

3) Have nothing to do with MMO

4) Buy to play with a cash shop (should be one or the other) + cash shop to me can't work for a game based on survival

5) No update since 3 months, basically the game is the same since beta

6) there isn't even a quarter of the promised feature, and the features already in aren't up to what they are pretending

7) Baned fair regular player and even pillar of the community

8) Dev treathing their community like shit

9) i don't even think the dev are real dev since they haven't done anything but only promise, the game for now is just a quick made mod of another game.

10) lie everywhere, everytime, run away from them, the dev team doesn't even have an official website ...

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Jeff_Permadeath
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Originally posted by Laross
    War Z was in the works before you even knew Day Z existed ...

Got any proof?  Lets be honest...  The game runs on the War Inc engine and uses many of the same art.  Cover and PR art was taken from other sites and even the terms of service were copied from LOL.  All indications are that this game has been in development for less than 6 months.  I ask you to provide some proof that it has been developed longer.  Please dont come back with that statement from the official website saying it was in development for years.  We have already seen that the Development team behind the game is anything but truthful.

The War Z started as quest progression multiplayer game based on the book "World War Z" (without permision of course) hence the name The War Z. When Day Z came out they decided to change the game from a multiplayer lobby type game to an MMO (not-really-a-MMO) type game

Sergey Titov - IGN.COM

So short answer – while we began developing our game before DayZ, we've been encouraged by fact that DayZ has become so popular. And yes, of course some of our latest design decisions were influenced by the DayZ community forums.

I specifically asked for proof and stated that the developers word was not trusted.  What do you do, you quote the developer who has been caught in lie after lie.  Lets talk about what has actually happened and stop pretending that what comes out of Sergeys mouth is actually truthful.

1. It is the exact same engine as War Inc.

2. It has much of the EXACT same artwork as War Inc

3. It has the exact same char interface as War Inc

4. The company was only established this year

Lets be honest for a moment, they took a copy of War Inc, placed it on a new map and added a little bit of artwork plus some poorly coded zombies.  This masterpiece did not take more than 6 months to put together.

It is a copy of War Inc with a small amount of new art, everyone can see this.  Have you even looked at the comparison?

http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5

You can keep saying that since Sergey says it, it must be true but everyone who is not emotionally blind with fanboism can see the game is a fast copy made to cash in on the Day Z's fame.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Laross
    War Z was in the works before you even knew Day Z existed ...

Got any proof?  Lets be honest...  The game runs on the War Inc engine and uses many of the same art.  Cover and PR art was taken from other sites and even the terms of service were copied from LOL.  All indications are that this game has been in development for less than 6 months.  I ask you to provide some proof that it has been developed longer.  Please dont come back with that statement from the official website saying it was in development for years.  We have already seen that the Development team behind the game is anything but truthful.

The War Z started as quest progression multiplayer game based on the book "World War Z" (without permision of course) hence the name The War Z. When Day Z came out they decided to change the game from a multiplayer lobby type game to an MMO (not-really-a-MMO) type game

Sergey Titov - IGN.COM

So short answer – while we began developing our game before DayZ, we've been encouraged by fact that DayZ has become so popular. And yes, of course some of our latest design decisions were influenced by the DayZ community forums.

I specifically asked for proof and stated that the developers word was not trusted.  What do you do, you quote the developer who has been caught in lie after lie.  Lets talk about what has actually happened and stop pretending that what comes out of Sergeys mouth is actually truthful.

1. It is the exact same engine as War Inc.

2. It has much of the EXACT same artwork as War Inc

3. It has the exact same char interface as War Inc

4. The company was only established this year

Lets be honest for a moment, they took a copy of War Inc, placed it on a new map and added a little bit of artwork plus some poorly coded zombies.  This masterpiece did not take more than 6 months to put together.

It is a copy of War Inc with a small amount of new art, everyone can see this.  Have you even looked at the comparison?

http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5

You can keep saying that since Sergey says it, it must be true but everyone who is not emotionally blind with fanboism can see the game is a fast copy made to cash in on the Day Z's fame.

Nah sergey made big rigs over the road racing.  want to see the future of what warz holds in the hand of the brilliant developer sergey is?  google "Big Rig: Over the Road Racing"

youll notice warz and that game have a few things in common...mostly related to lies on the box about features that were never put in game, along with a whole lot of beyond amazing features involving ....well google if if you are not familair with a very famous game that sergy made. Theres a lot of youtube videos on the game, and given thats a much older game...you can expect that no additional features will be put in warz and little will be done in terms of development.

• Home15Home15 Member Posts: 203

For me its that evry screenshot they flaunt with it is not ingame.

No cars, no zombies in water, no people dragging dead bodies to burn them.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its not bad for what it is and for what i paid for it...

I dont think it was ready for full release and they really should have limited the alpha access..

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Hackers running rampant.  The antihacking tools are so comical I almost wept when I heard their choice.

Takes ages to move around the map and do anything.

More bugs than an apiary.

Game just feels unfinished in both content and mechanics...because it is!

Cost of the game lends little to lend patience, as does the act of aquiring refunds (if you are even able!).

Blatant IP theft from other companies.

Assets reused from one of their prior games (not just one or 2, most of the game IS the WarInc).

Part of me is expecting this to be the end of the Warz.  'The hackers destroyed our game!' being a convenient (for them) excuse to drop the game, given previous form.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I don't know, I never played it, just watched some video of Total Biscuit saying how crappy he thought it was.  The Steam thing was unfortunate, but I find it funny how they're now selling "Early Access" to games a few months after the WarZ scandal. lol

I guess if I had to give a reason why I wasn't going to play it (ie: not why I "didn't like it"), it'd be that the DayZ guys deserve my money more and frankly, they've worked on this concept far longer than some last-minute cash grab devs, meaning the gameplay will almost assuredly be better.  The good news is that most companies can redeem themselves if they try hard enough, so if the WarZ guys still have enough talent, good luck to them making up for their "crimes" on the horizon.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I don't know, I never played it, just watched some video of Total Biscuit saying how crappy he thought it was.  The Steam thing was unfortunate, but I find it funny how they're now selling "Early Access" to games a few months after the WarZ scandal. lol

I guess if I had to give a reason why I wasn't going to play it (ie: not why I "didn't like it"), it'd be that the DayZ guys deserve my money more and frankly, they've worked on this concept far longer than some last-minute cash grab devs, meaning the gameplay will almost assuredly be better.  The good news is that most companies can redeem themselves if they try hard enough, so if the WarZ guys still have enough talent, good luck to them making up for their "crimes" on the horizon.

I have no respect to how HP handles WarZ and the tracks they move one but there's one thing that disgusts me more and that is random clueless internet drivel, especially by people who don't have 1st hand opinion based on their own experience.

1st of all, WarZ is a good game for what it is. Easily better working than DayZ mod and arguably better overall.

DayZ atm is not a game but a mod.... (standalone version is at least 12 months away and far from being playable thus comparisons are just silly). Like WarZ is ripped out of  War Inc, DayZ mod is ripped out of ArmA II. (And DayZ standalone will be/is ripped out of Arma III). Saying that DayZ guys deserve money more is like saying Blizzard deserves money more than all the other games copying WoW.

Whole fucking world that we human beings make, is based on copying. Someone figures something and thousands of others copy it. Are you too special to realise this or just trolling?

For a consumer this is good because it creates competition and forces people to make better stuff.

If anything HP were extremely quick and rather smart in grabbing this oportunity before several dozens of similar games flood the market. Heck, they were even faster than Rocket who was arguably (he doesn't own the idea) first with the mod. Being quick (rushing) is Hammerpoint's downfall pretty much. Now they have to update on air, every decision exposed to public, whereas with enaugh finances they could develop product "behind the stage" and release it in better shape.