Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Interesting.

I dont know anything about hacking but it seems a game as poorly done as War Z would be fairly easy to hack?

• BarrikorBarrikor Member UncommonPosts: 373

Agree with DMKano.

The "hacker" just looked up the IP address, then overloaded the server by sending too many requests or too much data to the IP Address's internet port (port 80), basically causing a "traffic jam"... Then the host noticed it and changed the IP, and the "hacker" didn't know how to figure out what the new IP Address was.

Everything on the internet can be taken down this way (DOS/DDOS attack), that doesn't mean that everything can be hacked.

When you drive your car on a freeway, you could slow down (or park) and cause a traffic jam, maybe a few accidents too, but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the freeway itself.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I hope they find that guy and throw his ass in jail.  The makers of WarZ aren't model citizens and they've done some VERY shady stuff with their game, but I hate people like this hacker even more.  DDOS attack done for the "good of the community"???  Get bent.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Originally posted by DMKano

Hacked and ddos'd are two entirely different things. If you have the ability to send 8Gb+ of traffic to any game auth server most will be impacted.

Not defending ScamZ here, I think it should die in a fire, just saying that hacked would mean gaining access to servers in some way.

I love how the news says someones phone or email was "hacked" because someone guessed a password or simply just turned on their bluetooth and connected. Absolutely NO HACKING WHAT-SO-EVER. 

Then again as this forum has shown the general populace has no respect for what a word actually means.