Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Castration & 24 Hour 30% Decrease Movement Because Of The Pain

Comments

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    You get exp for everything, even for walking around, as for mobs You will have to kill green and above mobs but it will be waste of time, there are better ways 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by AresPL
    You get exp for everything, even for walking around, as for mobs You will have to kill green and above mobs but it will be waste of time, there are better ways 

Oh really I didn't think you got xp for mobs period. Hmm green and above? Are green mobs "well matched", or "More skilled than you"? How are the greens classified?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Cname
    Originally posted by Terranah
    So it sounds like girl characters get screwed.  I suggest a defloration skill for the ladies, whereby the loss of virginity will decrease movement for similar time frame. 

Perhaps your meant it as sarcasm, but there is in fact lore whereby loss of virginity could cause certain skills to be lost (for both gender - but more commonly females).

While I think it is unlikely for these skills to be introduce to the game it is not impossible.

One game restriction for players practicing such skills is of course they can't get married or risk losing that skill. 

I think some players who haven't played the game or even experiance anything like it can't get their heads round it. Seems to me when something different comes along they revert back to the usual mmo fare.

Depth is just to much for some people.

Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by Terranah
    So it sounds like girl characters get screwed.  I suggest a defloration skill for the ladies, whereby the loss of virginity will decrease movement for similar time frame. 

Nope, their are a lot of punishments in Age Of Wushu that girls can have put on them.

Prison.. You can break out with five other PKers but if you will have to wait 3 hours before you can try again. Their are other ways out like bribing the guards or betting or jumping up and down to find a hidden tunnel on the floor of the cell.

Public Execution.. by beheading. Everyone can watch this happen. You can big cash to someone to take the beheading for you, your abilities are 50% reduced for 24 hours after your beheading. You really have to do some serious crime and build up over 10k SLV-Slaughter Value to be beheaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhTPHMAwiPs&feature=share&list=PL12EB95B4BE85DC04

I played Tangmen, assasins... When I got to 2k infamy, I tried to go back to my school, and the gaurds attacked me :( I don't think they understood I was assasinating people like grandmother taught me :(

Each school has rules and penalties for breaking them. I didn't read them ofcourse...

Yeah some school don't like certain crimes, i think that's a great way of making people think before they do go on the rampage. This allows you to play the game as hard or softas you want, go down the PK route and be evil or follow your school rules.

Possibility's are endless.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

yes green is well matched

infamy doesnt have anything to do with it

there is something i call punishment points, if You get 100 You will have cutscene at clan territory and then will have to sit down for a bit 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Did Kim Jong Il design this game as his last act before he died?
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Did Kim Jong Il design this game as his last act before he died?

Wrong country, it's based on the Chinese Wuxia Culture, Ming Empire of china, not very original joke i'm afraid.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I played other games from this particular developer - all I can say is MEH! Nothing is really innovative other than the hype machine.

I will wait to judge the game for myself. Right now, it doesn't look interesting at all.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Innovative? Maybe.

Yet I don't have the slightest urge to play a game that wants me to cut my penis off.

You get to keep your gun my friend.....it's just no longer capable of carrying its ammo. Castration takes away the testicles...not the whole unit.

Originally posted by SoulStain

Innovative? Maybe.

Yet I don't have the slightest urge to play a game that wants me to cut my penis off.

You get to keep your gun my friend.....it's just no longer capable of carrying its ammo. Castration takes away the testicles...not the whole unit.

Lol, the amount of people that actually think castration means cutting the penis off is unreal. None stop to actually think how you would go to the toilet.

Yeah, it's the testicles that go into the jar.

• RejakuRejaku Member UncommonPosts: 33

Innovative? Maybe.

Lol, the amount of people that actually think castration means cutting the penis off is unreal. None stop to actually think how you would go to the toilet.

Wait, what? I guess that means women really just go to the toilet to chat?

/sarcasm

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by crwynn

They're pulling these ultimate abilities from established wuxia lore. Both are from the novel "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu"  by Jin Yong.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfang_Bubai - Sunflower manual

(In the books, said Invincible East uses a needle/hair pin when using skills from the sunflower manual I believe)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smiling,_Proud_Wanderer - (search: Star Sucking Great Skill)

(From what I recall, said skill has a literal suction effect, and can basically drain the target of all his qi. What made it so fearsome was that this draining of qi was permanent (and additionally permamently increased the performer's own power as well). Though this is likely not the case in the game)

Exactly. The people commenting about how "lame" this is obviously do not follow wuxia mythos. It's been explored in wuxia movies for a long, long time as well. Swordsman II with Jet Li comes to mind when I think of this and the essence absorbing stance. Both were featured in that movie (transformation process and everything) and one was needed to defeat the other.

So the idea of two powerful martial arts manuals that teach the ultimate kung fu techniques being included in-game is a nod to wuxia fans and a great addition in the world of AoW. It can basically be compared to fighting over Excalibur or becoming the "one" like in the Highlander movies. It's suppose to promote conflict between players. And in regards to the whole chopping your bits off to gain ultimate power, it  is a conundrum present in many other wuxia films as well and is meant to serve as a big (and permenant) decision for players to make in-game.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ramonski7

Originally posted by crwynn
    They're pulling these ultimate abilities from established wuxia lore. Both are from the novel "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu"  by Jin Yong. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfang_Bubai - Sunflower manual (In the books, said Invincible East uses a needle/hair pin when using skills from the sunflower manual I believe) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smiling,_Proud_Wanderer - (search: Star Sucking Great Skill) (From what I recall, said skill has a literal suction effect, and can basically drain the target of all his qi. What made it so fearsome was that this draining of qi was permanent (and additionally permamently increased the performer's own power as well). Though this is likely not the case in the game)

Exactly. The people commenting about how "lame" this is obviously do not follow wuxia mythos. It's been explored in wuxia movies for a long, long time as well. Swordsman II with Jet Li comes to mind when I think of this and the essence absorbing stance. Both were featured in that movie (transformation process and everything) and one was needed to defeat the other.

So the idea of two powerful martial arts manuals that teach the ultimate kung fu techniques being included in-game is a nod to wuxia fans and a great addition in the world of AoW. It can basically be compared to fighting over Excalibur or becoming the "one" like in the Highlander movies. It's suppose to promote conflict between players. And in regards to the whole chopping your bits off to gain ultimate power, it  is a conundrum present in many other wuxia films as well and is meant to serve as a big (and permenant) decision for players to make in-game.

Some of them really have a hard time grasping it. Ultimate power isn't just given to you especially in this type of lore, it comes with sacrific . It's like enlightenment, you study and meditate all your life to reach it, make many sacrifice along the way and then their are no garantee.

I thought i would bump this thread just to see what some of the late comers to Age Of Wushu think about this feature.

If you are new to this info then read the OP and what happens with these skills. They are not on the NA server yet and wont be for a while but it's a great topic for debate.

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by syntax42

It sounds like people are given an advantage for killing other players which allows them to kill other players better.  Tell me I'm wrong and the system described above doesn't do that.  I don't find it fun being on the receiving end of the killing.  I have a real job and I can't spend every hour of my day improving my advantage over other players just to be on a level playing field with everyone who doesn't have a real life.

The game looks great, but I think I will pass on it if what I'm guessing is true.

People like you are everything thats wrong with the genre right now. You don't wanna put in effort anywhere to reap any reward, you just want it all handed to you on a plate. 

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464
    Man, that's nuts.
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Wow, awesome! :D

Sounds like a good game to create a PK guild in, maybe that would be fun.

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Decadentia
    Man, that's nuts.

Truly a ballsy move by whoever thought up the mechanic.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Just one thing.

"they can pay a fee to a NPC, who will give them tips of the holder who has the least positive relationship with the NPC. If the character is online, the NPC will give the paying players tips on his or her location in the game. For 2 prices, the player can choose to teleport to where the holder is or the nearest save point.

The above in yellow is just another epic simple innovational idea for a FFA PVP system, move over DarkFall"

That's incorrect, CCP did this 10 years ago.  They're called locator agents in EVE, and you can use them to find individuals with bounties to hunt down. 

The biggest difference being that I can find a specific individual in EVE and not who the NPC wants me to find.  It's neither innovative nor unique to AoW, it's a slightly different twist on something that's been present in another game for about a decade now. 

It's interesting, but not really that innovative. 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    and after castration, the character will have a decrement of 30% in movement speed for 1 day due to the pain…

You mean self-mutilation is now the Official Road To Hardcore?

That's much more badass than Looting corpses.  The mmomasochism club should flock right in, once they hear.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Do I get to keep my testicles and wear them as a pendant that gives +4 Charisma?
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Ok well that finishes the game for me, I went form 80% interested to 0%. How lame can you get.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Ryukan
    Do I get to keep my testicles and wear them as a pendant that gives +4 Charisma?

Balls and Chain

Item level 30

Binds when picked up

Neck

+4 Charisma

Requires level 27

"A testement to your commitment."

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Cname

Originally posted by AresPL this game is in wuxia theme so its normal You will see here things from novels   everyoen can learn clan or no clan   no idea what female will cut but they can learn it / saw screens from test server    
    There is nothing for female to cut.

Females can channel Sunflower skill without harm. But any man who doesn't 'cut it' will be driven crazy and eventually kill by it.

In Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series there is a somewhat similar concept where only female Aes Sedai can normally use the force call One Power. 

That's not because of the castration, but because the male version of the One Power in the books has been corrupted by evil though :)

About the castration, well, ... it takes BALLS to put that in your game nyarharharhar...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Innovative? Maybe.

They confuse it with eviration. Anyway, why do so many people freak out at the idea that their avatar in a vg might lose his balls? Especially when it's completely optional and limited to a very few potential 'candidates'