Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insomnia from playing this game...

Comments

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by dreamscaper

I've been trying to get into the game since I like much of what I see, but I'm having trouble getting into it because of two reasons:

1. There are far fewer character customization options than I would like. Yes, we have sliders, but there's only so much you can do with them. All of the face choices seem to be variations on a handful of core designs, and there are only like five hairstyles to choose from. I always dislike it when I'm forced to choose what I feel is a cookie cutter character design (one of my big caveats with Rift as well).
    2. Combat action overload. While I realize it's a martial arts themed game, being a sandbox I expected to be able to make my own journey somewhat. By the time I joined a school I had a full action bar filled up with attacks, and had yet to have any clue as to do anything that wasn't combat related. How tightly integrated are the professions? What's with the conflicting information about housing? Is it possible to focus on life skills and mostly ignore the combat skills?
    I haven't given up on the game yet, but the above does bug me a big. I love the atmosphere in the game, and I can certainly see its charm, but I'm not completely sold yet.

Have you ever been to China? 'Character' customization is pretty slim. ;)

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

I tried the game for a bit and it actually looks rather interesting. Found the combat system quite bad but if the world is as immersive and sandboxish as people claim, I won't mind :)

One thing I still can't understand is how come some people are already paying for the game? It only has US servers (not considering Russian beta here) and even those are under beta, meaning everything will be wiped when the game launches?

I mean, why would you pay and invest so much time into a beta that will probably end soon and everything will be wiped?

Moreover, is there any information about EU servers / EU client and game release date yet?

By the way, my ping to US servers is around 200 ms, I don't plan to play a pvp game with that, if that's what European players are doing...

Thanks in advance :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    Originally posted by sudo

I tried the game for a bit and it actually looks rather interesting. Found the combat system quite bad but if the world is as immersive and sandboxish as people claim, I won't mind :)

One thing I still can't understand is how come some people are already paying for the game? It only has US servers (not considering Russian beta here) and even those are under beta, meaning everything will be wiped when the game launches?

I mean, why would you pay and invest so much time into a beta that will probably end soon and everything will be wiped?

Moreover, is there any information about EU servers / EU client and game release date yet?

By the way, my ping to US servers is around 200 ms, I don't plan to play a pvp game with that, if that's what European players are doing...

Thanks in advance :)

Beta's not being wiped.  Characters carry over into release

Originally posted by Wankyudo

Closed beta that's not being wiped? Wow...

And what about EU servers? Any news about those?

Hans Margolius

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    I agree, the game is very deep and the learning curve is high. Iam also Wudang and i have no idea how to train new skills, i've been running around with a Breeze Sword for a few hours now but would like to try out double swords. Breeze sword is nice, won a duel earlier today.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    In EU it¡s called Age of Wulin and gPotato is publishing, you can sign up for the CBT but it's not on yet and probably won't start before February
    Originally posted by muthax
    In EU it¡s called Age of Wulin and gPotato is publishing, you can sign up for the CBT but it's not on yet and probably won't start before February

I got a key, but it says "key does not exist".

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it :) 

Hopefully, by the time EU beta is up, we'll know if the game is P2W or not from the US patches...

Hans Margolius

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885

A lot of us euro's have moved over to the russia version of the game which is ahead of the US version. You can download the game and the english language pack that allows you play the game in english.

The version is better than the us version and the ping is way better. On top of that the beta is completely open with no restrictions on play time.

Here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

Originally posted by InFlamestwo

I got a key, but it says "key does not exist".

Eh if you pass me teh key I can verify that for you ;)

Jokes aside, it probably won't be redeemable till the CBT starts

Originally posted by Rimmersman

A lot of us euro's have moved over to the russia version of the game which is ahead of the US version. You can download the game and the english language pack that allows you play the game in english.

The version is better than the us version and the ping is way better. On top of that the beta is completely open with no restrictions on play time.

Here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/373117/Totally-Free-Wushu.html

Thanks. Was it confirmed anywhere that you'll be able to transfer your character from the Russian version of the game to the European game later on? I'm guessing that's a no...

Even with US client, playing a game where 95% of the population speak Russian doesn't sound fun at all...

Hans Margolius

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

It's one of those games I would not be that interested in "in concept", but when I play, it just clicks. Must be a combination of good artwork and music, sandbox features, and fond memories of Wuxia classics.

Though I'll try not to delve too deep into it and wait for that EU launch.

Thanks. Was it confirmed anywhere that you'll be able to transfer your character from the Russian version of the game to the European game later on? I'm guessing that's a no...

Even with US client, playing a game where 95% of the population speak Russian doesn't sound fun at all...

The Russian version is not Age Of Wulin which is the european version, no transfer i'm afraid. I have a kkey for the european version but beta isnt going to start till feb at least.

Their are english speaking guilds/clans on the russian version.

No transfer, they are run by different companies.

If the language is the barrier you can join an english speaking guild, the details are in another thread (Totally Free Wushu).

I am playing on the russian (though I bought the NA Deluxe, hell it was just 14 euros for 2 months...) to get a feeling for the game systems, as soon as I get access to gPotato version I  am moving over there as I play from EU and the ping to the NA servers is too high for a smooth combat.

Can i have more than one character or is it one of these games i can only have one? i know you can learn everything on one character but i'd like to a have a few, i'm an altoholic.

Thanks for the info, guys. The game sounds really interesting and I can't wait to give it a serious try. Will do my best to hold until Feb for Age of Wulin and not try the Russian servers out :)

Btw, even though I know Russian and wouldn't need a translator, experiencing Russian speaking players in other games, such as EU wow before blizzard opened separate servers for Russian speaking users in Europe, I'd rather stay away from those for now ;)

Hans Margolius

Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    Can i have more than one character or is it one of these games i can only have one? i know you can learn everything on one character but i'd like to a have a few, i'm an altoholic.

One per account (at least on the NA and RU version but I think on the original too)

Thanks for the info, guys. The game sounds really interesting and I can't wait to give it a serious try. Will do my best to hold until Feb for Age of Wulin and not try the Russian servers out :)

Btw, even though I know Russian and wouldn't need a translator, experiencing Russian speaking players in other games, such as EU wow before blizzard opened separate servers for Russian speaking users in Europe, I'd rather stay away from those for now ;)

I think you are hindering yourself by not trying or learning the game before our european beta. You will get great satisfaction knowing that you know how to play the game when the european beta starts.

The translation and UI issue will not be present in the european version, gpotato have gone along way in making sure the translation is spot on.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by adam_nox

It's good if you like the setting.   EVE isn't that great of a game.  It has 26k people logged in, probably 10k of those are actual human beings lol.  Also the game is simply not cool how you have to put 30 days of gametime in before you can even outfit a decent ship in all T2.  I have been playing it for a month, and I can tell you that no one who is new to the game will even know what direction they want to go the first two weeks if not longer.  And then once you do, you are roped into a ton of game time before you can get to anything good.  There's only a little legit pvp, by which I mean fair fights or corp vs corp.  Mining is boring and the way the game encourages multiboxing is no better than having a p2w cash shop, which btw, since you can buy ISK, you can in fact, pay to win, by getting a faction based version of a ship way faster than anyone else.  The only reason I had money to even buy a cheap drake battlecruiser was by selling a collectible that came with my starter account.  Otherwise you'll have to sink a lot of time or a second account into mining or crafting.

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me when people talk up EVE.  It's not even a real sandbox, it's just an open world without levels and without the themepark guiding.  That doesn't make something a sandbox. 

As for Wushu, I assume it's about the same deal, which is cool, and if it were a setting I wanted to get immersed in I'd probably give it more of a chance, but even then the graphics are pretty sub-par (which is part of the ability to be immersed like it or not).  I wish the game were a lot easier to get into and know what to do, but I'm not willing to fiddle around.  It's like someone who doesn't like star wars trying to figure out old school SWG, without knowing to look on forums etc.

Whining like this which has no purpose at all disgusts me. So EVE isnt a typical fastfood MMO. News flash: it does not try to be one. That means: it's not for you. That how ever does not mean it is a bad game. At least try to get your numbers right, right now everything you wrote is just shit and makes you simply look whiney.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    @mith some areas have perma weather like the beggars school dust storm that never ends.

oh thank you! I'll cartainly take that over no weather :)

Originally posted by Mithrandolir
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    @mith some areas have perma weather like the beggars school dust storm that never ends.

oh thank you! I'll cartainly take that over no weather :)

Read somewhere that a weather system (or a day/night cycle or both not sure) is slated for this year in the Chinese version

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Best mmo to come out in last 10 years.
  • svandysvandy Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Best mmo to come out in last 10 years.

Not yet but it can be. They just need to improve the UI a touch and actually use something other than Google Translate to localize it, and they have to be careful to LOCALIZE not CULTURALIZE it, or the game will lose some of it's charm to people playing it for the setting (I personally hate the setting and play for the game itself, but the game can't afford to lose it's niche market).

EDIT: I take the culture thing back, some stuff they could do without. Such as the weird XP caps.

Please visit my youtube channel for some H1Z1/DayZ casual roleplay videos!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQoK5VZlwBBzpsksmXtjMQ

I think you are hindering yourself by not trying or learning the game before our european beta. You will get great satisfaction knowing that you know how to play the game when the european beta starts.

The translation and UI issue will not be present in the european version, gpotato have gone along way in making sure the translation is spot on.

Thanks for the advice once again, Rimmersman. I simply have very little time for gaming lately and investing it into an mmorpg that I won't be playing in one month from now is simply not something I can afford to spend my time on right now :)

Will do my best to patiently wait for the European version of the game, even though I can't wait to play it more and more, reading new posts from mmorpg.com members :)

Hans Margolius

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    this game has english version? can you make your character look Caucasian as well?