Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insomnia from playing this game...

injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

I started out thinking I would never get into it.. Yet the more and more I logged in and learned how to play, the more I realized this was the game I was looking for.  Past 2 nights I started playing at 5pm, and the next time I looked at the clock it was 2am and I have work at 8am :/.  Haven't even scratched the service either - I'm Wudang, and despite a high learning curve I just started figuring out how to pvp.  Game is legit and while I can see most people not liking it here in the states, it will have a strong fanbase like that of Eve.  I already have 2 deluxe accounts.  If you decide to play and want a crash course on what to do, message me ingame my name is Clavain and my Alt is Injenu. 

PS...

It's so cool how the game really resembles China during the Ming Dynastic period, I might even buy a real Wudang sword lol. 

Comments

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Same here.. : P

I've spent way too much time on this game since I discovered it. Staying up long past bedtime on a workday is ok once in a while but when it goes on night after night it catches up to you.

Looking forward to the weekend and some sleep, but I fear I'll play instead, lol. Luckily the wife's away though so at least there's no additional battle to be fought on that front...
  • tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Agreed. +1
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    3am since dec 20... Last 2 nights I've gotten down to 2am :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by injenu

I started out thinking I would never get into it.. Yet the more and more I logged in and learned how to play, the more I realized this was the game I was looking for.  Past 2 nights I started playing at 5pm, and the next time I looked at the clock it was 2am and I have work at 8am :/.  Haven't even scratched the service either - I'm Wudang, and despite a high learning curve I just started figuring out how to pvp.  Game is legit and while I can see most people not liking it here in the states, it will have a strong fanbase like that of Eve.  I already have 2 deluxe accounts.  If you decide to play and want a crash course on what to do, message me ingame my name is Clavain and my Alt is Injenu. 

PS...

It's so cool how the game really resembles China during the Ming Dynastic period, I might even buy a real Wudang sword lol. 

Clavain, youre not supposed to talk about your sacred place.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    Originally posted by injenu

PS...

Clavain, youre not supposed to talk about your sacred place.

Lol! Great memory.  Are you in Kojo?

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Ya, those crazy chineese made something, that no western developer could do. Made fun and immersive sandbox MMORPG.
  • SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Is it really that good? I started downloading it got a error, gave up and said it was not wourth the time, but I may give it another chance.
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Picked it up and i love it. Still trying to find a way to make Real Silver without Kidnapping people for it. And the crafting route isnt working too well for me.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Oh yes, those 4am or 5am logouts have been painful....but fun too.

Seems, as people say, the game really has something absorbing.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

It's good if you like the setting.   EVE isn't that great of a game.  It has 26k people logged in, probably 10k of those are actual human beings lol.  Also the game is simply not cool how you have to put 30 days of gametime in before you can even outfit a decent ship in all T2.  I have been playing it for a month, and I can tell you that no one who is new to the game will even know what direction they want to go the first two weeks if not longer.  And then once you do, you are roped into a ton of game time before you can get to anything good.  There's only a little legit pvp, by which I mean fair fights or corp vs corp.  Mining is boring and the way the game encourages multiboxing is no better than having a p2w cash shop, which btw, since you can buy ISK, you can in fact, pay to win, by getting a faction based version of a ship way faster than anyone else.  The only reason I had money to even buy a cheap drake battlecruiser was by selling a collectible that came with my starter account.  Otherwise you'll have to sink a lot of time or a second account into mining or crafting.

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me when people talk up EVE.  It's not even a real sandbox, it's just an open world without levels and without the themepark guiding.  That doesn't make something a sandbox. 

As for Wushu, I assume it's about the same deal, which is cool, and if it were a setting I wanted to get immersed in I'd probably give it more of a chance, but even then the graphics are pretty sub-par (which is part of the ability to be immersed like it or not).  I wish the game were a lot easier to get into and know what to do, but I'm not willing to fiddle around.  It's like someone who doesn't like star wars trying to figure out old school SWG, without knowing to look on forums etc.

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by bcbully
    3am since dec 20... Last 2 nights I've gotten down to 2am :(

For those of you plagued by insomnia in the NA CB2, you might want to stock up on Mountain Dew or coffee . . . just in case :P

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2928&p=21372#p21372

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013

Greetings,

We have not made an announcement regarding the end of CB 2. We are continuously collecting feedback from the community on this topic and will issue an announcement regarding a definite schedule when we are ready.

Community Moderator | Snail Games

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by adam_nox

It's good if you like the setting.   EVE isn't that great of a game.  It has 26k people logged in, probably 10k of those are actual human beings lol.  Also the game is simply not cool how you have to put 30 days of gametime in before you can even outfit a decent ship in all T2.  I have been playing it for a month, and I can tell you that no one who is new to the game will even know what direction they want to go the first two weeks if not longer.  And then once you do, you are roped into a ton of game time before you can get to anything good.  There's only a little legit pvp, by which I mean fair fights or corp vs corp.  Mining is boring and the way the game encourages multiboxing is no better than having a p2w cash shop, which btw, since you can buy ISK, you can in fact, pay to win, by getting a faction based version of a ship way faster than anyone else.  The only reason I had money to even buy a cheap drake battlecruiser was by selling a collectible that came with my starter account.  Otherwise you'll have to sink a lot of time or a second account into mining or crafting.

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me when people talk up EVE.  It's not even a real sandbox, it's just an open world without levels and without the themepark guiding.  That doesn't make something a sandbox. 

As for Wushu, I assume it's about the same deal, which is cool, and if it were a setting I wanted to get immersed in I'd probably give it more of a chance, but even then the graphics are pretty sub-par (which is part of the ability to be immersed like it or not).  I wish the game were a lot easier to get into and know what to do, but I'm not willing to fiddle around.  It's like someone who doesn't like star wars trying to figure out old school SWG, without knowing to look on forums etc.

Dear sir,

Please stop. 

I do a bilion in transactions a day, that's transactions; I net between 300 and 500 million is and 1 billion on the weekends in profit.  You've played EVE for one month; you apparently have some strange understanding of  "sandbox".  You apparently think that "sandbox" means you can do everything perfectly from the get go, and that is wrong. 

Character progression is a big deal in a thing called a ROLE PLAYING GAME.  You appear to have this absurd idea that you should, after only a month, be able to do things that everyone else spend more time to be able to do. 

Simply put,

WoW is that way --->

Sandboxes do not cater to the instant gratification crowd.  Not in EVE, not in AoW.  Just because you started 6 months, or in EVE's case 7 years, after someone else does not entitle you to be able to do everything as well. 

WTF would be the point in me dedicating 7 years to something, if you after only a month you can just come in and be as profficient.  That's just rediculously silly. 

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I just logged out and it is 11 PM. . wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't stayed up until 3:30 AM yesterday. . or was that today still :)

Took about 10 minutes to log out the first time and think i might not come back

Took 1 hour the next time to think the game was great.

2 hours past that and I realized I am just cracking the surface.  The game is worth the $10 a month if I keep enjoying it the way I think I will.  soooooo many options of things to do. . what other game can you kidnap offline payers while they walk around as NPCs. . not that I would.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I was in, out and back in again. It's grown on me a lot. I'll be buying premium time soon. Thought about getting the russian client but I'll pass on that for now. Maybe if the CB goes away and there's a time of no access for the US testing.

It lacks a few things that I hope they add over time, some key elements for me, but other than that the game is visually stunning, alive and vibrant. It has a ton of RP aspects to it and enough well thought out systems that it really feels like a world worth getting into. The lack of direction is a major thing for me, I can't stand heavy story and rails. I like how this game gives you some storylines, but allows for you to do what you want, when you want, with checks and balances all over the place. 

I really enjoy things like actual travel in real time, cart rides, boat rides, etc...  I love player shops that get set up as stalls, I've never liked AH's and have always preferred stalls or bazaar style insteraction. I love mmorpgs where hunger is a real concern, where noplace is safe and pvp looms around every corner (again, with proper checks and balances), and where the choice to murder or to hunt murderers is not only yours to decide, but even just present in the first place.

I love 1 character per account. I love the historically interesting areas and weaponry, armor and martial arts. 

I really wish there was a day/night cycle. i hear they are adding one this year, I hope that's true. Somethign about jumping rofftop to rooftop as a tangmen under the stars... mmmmmmmmmmm

I really wish there was a dynamic weather system. I could have sworn I saw a video with it raining before i started playing, but then in game i was told there's no weather. But then i just saw this, it's snowing in this video so what gives?

http://youtu.be/Wp4DaQ8Tk_w

Anyway... the game has grabbed me by my oldschool roots.

* edit - made vid link clicky 

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    @mith some areas have perma weather like the beggars school dust storm that never ends.
    Just figured out the book/skill system.... I can't stop checking the stalls in Chengdu imagecan't stop!
  • TwoPlyTwoPly Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I'm just waiting for someone to discover that this game is simply a plot to install code on everyone's machine that will aid the chinese government in hacking the U.S...lol
    Originally posted by TwoPly
    I'm just waiting for someone to discover that this game is simply a plot to install code on everyone's machine that will aid the chinese government in hacking the U.S...lol

I'll just have to be a traitor...

• KoreanSoWhatKoreanSoWhat Member Posts: 80

You are absolutely right about defenition of so called "Sandbox".

[mod edit]

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

Hey, dumb question but isn't the game in closed beta? At least, their site tells that...

Must be one heck of a game if it can captivate you that much in closed beta.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Only 26k people? What a load of old shit, there is easily upwards of 40k people and at prime times plenty more than that. What you are is exactly what someone has already stated, screw off back to WoW, you petulant me me me cry baby.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Let's avoid getting into discussions with wowtards and people who have their definition of sandbox and anything outside it is 'spurious'.

Report if they are offensive and then block the poster but if you keep on arguing with them you are just making them happy

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by TwoPly

I'm just waiting for them to introduce P2W items in the Cash Shop, the only thing putting me off right now. It's only a matter of time before they need to introduce P2W into the shop to keep customers, like ALL cash shop MMO's. 

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I've been trying to get into the game since I like much of what I see, but I'm having trouble getting into it because of two reasons:

1. There are far fewer character customization options than I would like. Yes, we have sliders, but there's only so much you can do with them. All of the face choices seem to be variations on a handful of core designs, and there are only like five hairstyles to choose from. I always dislike it when I'm forced to choose what I feel is a cookie cutter character design (one of my big caveats with Rift as well).
    2. Combat action overload. While I realize it's a martial arts themed game, being a sandbox I expected to be able to make my own journey somewhat. By the time I joined a school I had a full action bar filled up with attacks, and had yet to have any clue as to do anything that wasn't combat related. How tightly integrated are the professions? What's with the conflicting information about housing? Is it possible to focus on life skills and mostly ignore the combat skills?
    I haven't given up on the game yet, but the above does bug me a big. I love the atmosphere in the game, and I can certainly see its charm, but I'm not completely sold yet.

<3