Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Home Turf Entrances Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

DC Universe Online developers took to the airwaves today in a Live Stream event that revealed the locations of the new home turf entrances. It's a great look at the unique ways players have to get to their lairs. Check it out at the DC Universe Online Twitch TV page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

this has promise.

I do like how they didnt blow off free players and gave them a "taste" of the content, somthing that every freemium should do. if you dont give them a taste, they dont know what they are missing.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I havent play this game in a long time.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Need to watch that vid in the morning. I want to put my home in the Suicide Slums. Hope I can.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

aah this is the superhero game where you are batmans bitch or something right?

sidekicks online?

Originally posted by bakabröd

sidekicks online?

No. Give it a try, you might like it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

sidekicks online?

Opposed to what exactly?  Every single superhero mmo works that way, where you are doing deeds for more powerful icons.  Except the marvel heroes game, which isn't an actual mmo and you don't even get to customize your character.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by adam_nox

sidekicks online?

Opposed to what exactly?  Every single superhero mmo works that way, where you are doing deeds for more powerful icons.  Except the marvel heroes game, which isn't an actual mmo and you don't even get to customize your character.

Why does his opinion has to be compared to anything really?.

To that other point you are trying to make. Just because every single superhero MMO works that way, doesn't mean it has to.

If he finds DC Universe a bad title, because it makes you feel more like a sidekick, then it doesn't really matter that Champions Online and City Of heroes did too. It's a stupid point to try and make.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I'm assuming the whole 'side-kick' deal more so bothers (at least to me) with the fact it feels more like 'fan service' rather then anything else.  It makes it feel more gimmicky then anything else working for batman then say a game like champions online for just some group or some higher up hero. It just feels way to phoned in I think and in some part it might just be at fault the fact they do use established heroes... or just how overblown it tends to be on that end.
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    I wasn't a sidekick in City of Heroes. I worked with some of the named characters up to the point I became an incarnate and then they worked with me. In the final mission against Mott, I had some of the biggest names as my sidekicks like Lord Recluse. I think I let him die.
    Finally watched the video, looks good. Large variety of places to call home. Would be nice to be able to choose anywhere, but I understand the limitations.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    I'm assuming the whole 'side-kick' deal more so bothers (at least to me) with the fact it feels more like 'fan service' rather then anything else.  It makes it feel more gimmicky then anything else working for batman then say a game like champions online for just some group or some higher up hero. It just feels way to phoned in I think and in some part it might just be at fault the fact they do use established heroes... or just how overblown it tends to be on that end.

Of course it is fan service. Why would you even bother paying for these IPs if you aren't going to use iconic heros? And I dont really like the way Marvel is doing it, everyone as Wolverine? No thanks.

In DCUO, you fight against iconic heroes and villians by yourself (depending on alignment) and hold your own. I don't see how that makes you a sidekick. It just means that the 3 lead heroes / villians are the ones planning the missions, not that they are more powerful than you. 

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638

And you can play as the iconic DC superhero/villian... 

I agree with above, you should try it. You might be surprised at how fluid things are.  And a TON of on site locations within the DC universe... I am more a marvel fan (except for Batman) but this game actually does deliver.  

All I have to say on the housing... it is about fracking damn time a game came out with this.  It is almost retarded for a MMO to NOT have player housing after UO, DAOC and SWG set the bar so fracking high.  No one is trying anymore.

• WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Why is the video not in HD?
  • ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by HighMarshal
    I wasn't a sidekick in City of Heroes. I worked with some of the named characters up to the point I became an incarnate and then they worked with me. In the final mission against Mott, I had some of the biggest names as my sidekicks like Lord Recluse. I think I let him die.

I only played the start of DCUO, but IMO it gives the player more of a feeling of being a superhero than the early levels of City of Heroes or Champions Online. City of Heroes has some great missions at levels 40+, but some of the early levels felt more like I was some wannabe fighting low level gangs and getting my ass kicked. I had to avoid mobs and such. Granted making travel powers available early on in Freedom did make that better.

In the tutorial of DCUO you fight alongside Superman. That's already a big step up the ladder in my book.