Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please vote

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Originally posted by Karteli

If you were really concerned with the integrity of the vote results, wouldn't you want to tell people instead to get out and vote for the game they want to win .. rather than telling people how to vote in advance?

I'll vote, but it will be for the game I think deserves the award, not for what someone else wants.  Thanks for the link though!

So you are accusing me of moving your hand and forcing you to vote? No. I am simply making a proposition. What you do is what you do, I would just hope you take what I said into consideration. There is a reason why there is a link in the beggining, i dont care if you read what I say or not. I do care that you would take what I say i to consideration.

also, i dont get what you mean by integrity. I hardly accused anyone of cheating. 

Well, starting off by saying, "If you feel Guild Wars 2 is worthy to win this, please vote." .. essentially saying vote only if you think GW2 is worthy to win, etc.  Maybe it's just the wording, or how I read the post.. maybe it's late.

Nevermind, it's late, lol. G'night.

The rest was for mmoers who have no care for gw2 or even hate gw2, it was simply to the mmo community as a whole.

If that was really your intention you would of made this thread in the pub section and not even mentioned GW2, who are you trying to kid.

This is just a: vote for gw2 thread.

Nothing wrong with making a: vote for GW2 thread but don't make out this isn't one.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Hm....let's see. Max Payne, awesome shooter that I finished in 2 days, paid for it 60 bucks. GW2 that I've been playing for 3 months, still not done, paid 60 bucks. Vote is easy.

edit: my grammar killed a nazi

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

GW2, a PC only game, vs Max Payne 3, a PC/XBOX/PS3 game... yeah, very fair vote

It's actually impressive GW2 manages to score over 40% in such conditions.

I think it's impressive that it's even competing with these other multi-platform games.  Like GW2 or not, it's a much needed boost for the MMO genre when people see these games as "among the best of the year".

Personally, I don't care for Gamespot either way, but it's nice to see an MMO out there for once that's getting rave reviews and isn't WoW.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

GW2, a PC only game, vs Max Payne 3, a PC/XBOX/PS3 game... yeah, very fair vote

It's actually impressive GW2 manages to score over 40% in such conditions.

I thought the exact same thing.  Max Payne 3 only winning by 20% at this stage is pretty damn good in my opinion.

This voting system and the bracket itself is one of the worst I have seen.  Even if GW2 beats Max Payne, we would then have to face off against ME2 or Dishonored. 

This contest isn't about awarding games for excellence, its about generating ad revenue and page views.

EDIT:  I voted for GW2 because I played it the most out of all those games.  Dishonored is a close second for me.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

If you were really concerned with the integrity of the vote results, wouldn't you want to tell people instead to get out and vote for the game they want to win .. rather than telling people how to vote in advance?

I'll vote, but it will be for the game I think deserves the award, not for what someone else wants.  Thanks for the link though!

So you are accusing me of moving your hand and forcing you to vote? No. I am simply making a proposition. What you do is what you do, I would just hope you take what I said into consideration. There is a reason why there is a link in the beggining, i dont care if you read what I say or not. I do care that you would take what I say i to consideration.

also, i dont get what you mean by integrity. I hardly accused anyone of cheating. 

Well, starting off by saying, "If you feel Guild Wars 2 is worthy to win this, please vote." .. essentially saying vote only if you think GW2 is worthy to win, etc.  Maybe it's just the wording, or how I read the post.. maybe it's late.

Nevermind, it's late, lol. G'night.

The rest was for mmoers who have no care for gw2 or even hate gw2, it was simply to the mmo community as a whole.

If that was really your intention you would of made this thread in the pub section and not even mentioned GW2, who are you trying to kid.

This is just a: vote for gw2 thread.

Nothing wrong with making a: vote for GW2 thread but don't make out this isn't one.

Please read my very first sentence. I think that describes my entire point.

the reason it is gw2 forums is because it is gw2, self explanatory

the rest is just considerations to take into account

another reason was to attempt to keep people like you who go on gw2 forums everyday to attack it away. Yet, i guess I shouldve known better.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by delete5230 Seems like a marketing trick to register for Gamespot.com.  The vote probably does not go anyplace. Maybe nothing against the OP but Gamespot itself. Besides mmos have gone down hill in the last three years OR THEY WENT F2P.....I'm not sure if mmos are worth a vote anymore anyway.
    Yeah, this entire lottery system they have is irrational. You have noname games with like one platform vs series games (me3, d3, ac, h4 etc) on mutliple platforms. I just was hoping this would lead to more growth in the mmo industry and not uust the console shoot'em and cut'em games that typically win with no real effort of there own. It seems this wont be the year either for even a little mmo pride. Gw2 seems to be the last decent mmo, and it along with wow shall be left standing by the end. 

I have been on these forums for a long time, I actually recommend you not to register unless you want to be spam mailed. I just wanted to a) spread the vote around and b) try to get people on here to vote for gw2 for the sake of mmos as a whole.

Ugh seriously? You have any idea how pretentious that post reads? "For the sake of mmos" "The last decent mmo" you even wrote "shall"....shall

Can you please just find a way to enjoy your mmo without feeling compelled to dump on the rest? Is it that hard to just say "hey I like GW2" without having to add all the other bullshit?

Why did you even read it? You didnt have to. You coudlve simply clicked the link and seen what it was all about. 

I consider a succes you even read this far. My bullshit is simply so reasons to compell one to vote for gw2, outside of the typical hate love of the game. My use of the English language is how I use it, I am sorry I do not usually say "omgz votez fo gw2", I guess that would have been to much for you, oh master of the english language,

dont get so offended next time.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by KingJiggly Originally posted by delete5230 Seems like a marketing trick to register for Gamespot.com.  The vote probably does not go anyplace. Maybe nothing against the OP but Gamespot itself. Besides mmos have gone down hill in the last three years OR THEY WENT F2P.....I'm not sure if mmos are worth a vote anymore anyway.
    Yeah, this entire lottery system they have is irrational. You have noname games with like one platform vs series games (me3, d3, ac, h4 etc) on mutliple platforms. I just was hoping this would lead to more growth in the mmo industry and not uust the console shoot'em and cut'em games that typically win with no real effort of there own. It seems this wont be the year either for even a little mmo pride. Gw2 seems to be the last decent mmo, and it along with wow shall be left standing by the end.    I have been on these forums for a long time, I actually recommend you not to register unless you want to be spam mailed. I just wanted to a) spread the vote around and b) try to get people on here to vote for gw2 for the sake of mmos as a whole.
      Ugh seriously? You have any idea how pretentious that post reads? "For the sake of mmos" "The last decent mmo" you even wrote "shall"....shall Can you please just find a way to enjoy your mmo without feeling compelled to dump on the rest? Is it that hard to just say "hey I like GW2" without having to add all the other bullshit?
    Why did you even read it? You didnt have to. You coudlve simply clicked the link and seen what it was all about. 

I consider a succes you even read this far. My bullshit is simply so reasons to compell one to vote for gw2, outside of the typical hate love of the game. My use of the English language is how I use it, I am sorry I do not usually say "omgz votez fo gw2", I guess that would have been to much for you, oh master of the english language,

As long as you're telling me to take some personal responsibility for what I read, maybe you should take some personal responsibility for what you write. It goes both ways. This Howard Stern mentality of "if you don't like what you hear, turn off the radio" is a crutch for zero accountability. You don't like what people have to say when you get called out for being irrational? Instead of telling them to turn a blind eye, maybe take ownership of your words and take more care of who may be reading them. And again, in the future can you please try to show enthusiasm for your favorite mmo without trashing other mmos? It would make your posts a lot more enjoyable to read. Thank you.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Somehow the devs got confused on what warfare, conflict and a basketball game  is. The result is WvW thats more like a 24/7 basket ball game seeing who can score the most points for 24/7 and two weeks !

capturing towers...supply points..... keeps   means nothing since the enemy zerg just instantly undoes what ever you  capture. So it you like meaningless repetition...GW2 is your game.It's not mine

What a bitter disappointment and a waste of $59.95

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Yeah, this entire lottery system they have is irrational. You have noname games with like one platform vs series games (me3, d3, ac, h4 etc) on mutliple platforms. I just was hoping this would lead to more growth in the mmo industry and not uust the console shoot'em and cut'em games that typically win with no real effort of there own. It seems this wont be the year either for even a little mmo pride. Gw2 seems to be the last decent mmo, and it along with wow shall be left standing by the end.    I have been on these forums for a long time, I actually recommend you not to register unless you want to be spam mailed. I just wanted to a) spread the vote around and b) try to get people on here to vote for gw2 for the sake of mmos as a whole.
      Ugh seriously? You have any idea how pretentious that post reads? "For the sake of mmos" "The last decent mmo" you even wrote "shall"....shall Can you please just find a way to enjoy your mmo without feeling compelled to dump on the rest? Is it that hard to just say "hey I like GW2" without having to add all the other bullshit?

As long as you're telling me to take some personal responsibility for what I read, maybe you should take some personal responsibility for what you write. It goes both ways. This Howard Stern mentality of "if you don't like what you hear, turn off the radio" is a crutch for zero accountability. You don't like what people have to say when you get called out for being irrational? Instead of telling them to turn a blind eye, maybe take ownership of your words and take more care of who may be reading them. And again, in the future can you please try to show enthusiasm for your favorite mmo without trashing other mmos? It would make your posts a lot more enjoyable to read. Thank you.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'd vote if I didn't have to sign up.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

I voted for Mass effect 3

Chamber of Chains
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Originally posted by delete5230 Seems like a marketing trick to register for Gamespot.com.  The vote probably does not go anyplace. Maybe nothing against the OP but Gamespot itself. Besides mmos have gone down hill in the last three years OR THEY WENT F2P.....I'm not sure if mmos are worth a vote anymore anyway.
    Yeah, this entire lottery system they have is irrational. You have noname games with like one platform vs series games (me3, d3, ac, h4 etc) on mutliple platforms. I just was hoping this would lead to more growth in the mmo industry and not uust the console shoot'em and cut'em games that typically win with no real effort of there own. It seems this wont be the year either for even a little mmo pride. Gw2 seems to be the last decent mmo, and it along with wow shall be left standing by the end. 

I have been on these forums for a long time, I actually recommend you not to register unless you want to be spam mailed. I just wanted to a) spread the vote around and b) try to get people on here to vote for gw2 for the sake of mmos as a whole.

Ugh seriously? You have any idea how pretentious that post reads? "For the sake of mmos" "The last decent mmo" you even wrote "shall"....shall

Can you please just find a way to enjoy your mmo without feeling compelled to dump on the rest? Is it that hard to just say "hey I like GW2" without having to add all the other bullshit?

Title says 'please vote'. You don't have to beg for votes. Your wording in OP sounded too desperate and was more on the side of coxing people into voting rather than bringing it to their attention.

I am sure i am not the only who noticed that in your OP.

• morgan101morgan101 Member Posts: 3
    Well, I think the graphics are really good. 
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by morgan101
    Well, I think the graphics are really good. 

And it's easy to dance to.

Sorry, American Bandstand reference.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

LoL gw2 did not even make it past the first round. Looks like mass effect 3 won.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by erictlewis

LoL gw2 did not even make it past the first round. Looks like mass effect 3 won.

yes it did

• pioneer08pioneer08 Member Posts: 76
    So is GW2 really that dead now people have to beg for votes on some website? 
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by cloud8521

yes it did

Strange because when I checked it out Far Cry 3 had won overall.

• taziartaziar Member Posts: 52

Horrible poll.  They are asking you to choose between two completely different genres.  A 3rd person shooter vs fantasy MMO?  Might as well ask which is better, Star Wars Episode IV or Cheesecake?

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by taziar

Horrible poll.  They are asking you to choose between two completely different genres.  A 3rd person shooter vs fantasy MMO?  Might as well ask which is better, Star Wars Episode IV or Cheesecake?

What kind of Cheesecake?

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878
    Originally posted by miguksaram
    Originally posted by cloud8521

yes it did

Strange because when I checked it out Far Cry 3 had won overall.

funny because i was tlaking about making it though the first round

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    those brackets were dumb as hell. most of the games going against each other were completely different genres of games.  a racing game vs a rpg? what in the fuck?

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Sorry but personally i want to sway gamer attention AWAY from the mmorpg's. To many great games that i have enjoyed countless hours of have been completely ruined by this "expanding of the MMO Culture and Crowd" so no id rather vote against it and keep as meny Call of Duty nobs (not all of them are bad but ALOT of them are) Out of my games.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    Originally posted by taziar

What kind of Cheesecake?

Any kind of cheescake is better than anything corny SW has ever done! :)