Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the Crickets?

WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

This forum has been dead for a few weeks, what gives?

Everyone enjoying beta too much to post?

NDA keeping you all too tight lipped?

Was hoping for some good information once beta went out. Doesnt have to be information on the game, even just yays or nays, or just vague - yeah the game is fun, or no it seems lacking - would feed my couriosity.

oh well. guess i will just have to wait until the NDA is over to see if I want to spend my money on this.

[Edit]  Yeah according to the Sticky, even opinions are under NDA.....

hooey....

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

Comments

• Ridan477Ridan477 Member UncommonPosts: 48
    They are doing Character wipes every week so it leaves me with little incentive to play. Probably same with others as well.

Scoobin it up on the daily.

• shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48
    yup i played for a few hours total first 2 wipes and decided not to bother until launch
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Ridan477
    They are doing Character wipes every week so it leaves me with little incentive to play. Probably same with others as well.

Thankfully, some people are treating it like an actual BETA and not a free trial. image

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I'll keep it short and hope not to break the NDA.

Staff at AV took the holidays off.

Servers are real shoddy right now and seem to take a crap every 6 hours or so.

Some guilds are fairly invested, others are waiting for some patches.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

The game changes from DF1 are gamebreaking for me at this point, unless they are planning on scrapping allot of things and starting over I cant see myself liking this game again.  These arnt beta bugs these are design decisions and they are simply bad.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    character wipes are very lame, however i think a lot of people are not too happy of how "watered down" this new game is. i wont go into details but U W is just waaaayyyy less hard core than the original DF. i like some changes....dont care for others....meh, it's hard to say untill players can really start putting on some miles on their characters and entire armies start using the safe zones as a stratigic protection bubbles....there is going to be  A LOT of very lame safe zone fighting.....we shall see....
  • skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47

It's pretty much like other said, most of us are either waiting for a few more patches that make beta alot more stable, others are playing and watching the forum every 5hrs or so to see when the server is coming back up after a crash.

I never got to play DF1, but what I have tried without getting into detail...I like.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by snapfusion

The game changes from DF1 are gamebreaking for me at this point, unless they are planning on scrapping allot of things and starting over I cant see myself liking this game again.  These arnt beta bugs these are design decisions and they are simply bad.

And that in a nutshell is why the game will never be good.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    wipes for me.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

the wipes every couple of days are fucking annoying to be honest, so i have decided to stop also

besides that the game plays so much alpha that its hard to judge anything at the moment.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Everyones either NDA bound or waiting for the beta client to die and the launch client to arrive.  Or both.

• skorner64skorner64 Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I'm sort of glad I never played the original, because I have really no idea what they changed aside from the new role system. And that is allowing me to enjoy it. :D

Originally posted by skorner64

I'm sort of glad I never played the original, because I have really no idea what they changed aside from the new role system. And that is allowing me to enjoy it. :D

well for starters there were no safe zones. protected towns had towers that used to do considerable damage to agressors/reds by "zapping" them. however, once you got really strong a group of people with good healers could heal through tower damage for long enough to kill enemies inside protected towns.

secondly every single spell (except mana missle) required a staff, and reagents that you had to either buy or gather.

the UI was incredibly complicated to use. teh new UI is 100 times more user friendly.

i took A LOT longer to skill up anything.

magic and bow had fixed first person view. you did not have a choice.

it's a bit hard to explain the old bag system as it was a free placement system and was really hard to macro loot as you had to drag and drop everything . the new system imo favours macro looting too much.

bow and sword was increibly more simplistc as they didn't have any special skirmisher or warrior skills. 95% of utility abilities came from magic which was the predominant fighting style.

not sure if it's just  because it's beta but it seems to me like it used to be a lot harder to get rare items from gathering (like Steed grass and such).

haven't done mouch crafting so not sure what's all changed there.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Inclined to think you are spot on with this.  As they say "Ignorance is bliss."  Some of the changes are tough to see as a plus at this point.  The changes have been substantial, but, I do believe it will make for a more approachable game at the very least.

Back onto the thread topic, the persistence bug (could be fixed by now) and the wipes make it difficult to log in for me.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by erinys

the wipes every couple of days are fucking annoying to be honest, so i have decided to stop also

besides that the game plays so much alpha that its hard to judge anything at the moment.

wait until the item bug is fixed then the wipes should stop

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Most threads get closed for breaking the NDA.
  • TigerDriverTigerDriver Member Posts: 43

beta is a abortion. Makes the WarZ broken promises look tiny in comparison.

/and no kiddies, saying the beta is a "abortion" isnt breaking the NDA.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Without getting into the specifics because of NDA, I couldn't get over the constant wipes (yes I know beta) but really couldn't test the middle/later portions of the game with the constant wipes.  Hated the combat responsiveness, graphics were good but if played on anything but low settings your character won't hit shit in PvP...sad truth. Game is ugly on low settings.

New UI looks pretty snazzy.  Exploring was pretty cool.  Never got far enough w/o a wipe to do anything really meaningful. And yes bugs and server stability problems galore.

Shame cause it was actually a lot of fun...atleast the first 4-5 times I did the tutorial, got a mount, and explored the immediate surroundings for PvP/chests/tradeskils/etc.

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

well for starters there were no safe zones. protected towns had towers that used to do considerable damage to agressors/reds by "zapping" them. however, once you got really strong a group of people with good healers could heal through tower damage for long enough to kill enemies inside protected towns.

secondly every single spell (except mana missle) required a staff, and reagents that you had to either buy or gather.

the UI was incredibly complicated to use. teh new UI is 100 times more user friendly.

it's a bit hard to explain the old bag system as it was a free placement system and was really hard to macro loot as you had to drag and drop everything . the new system imo favours macro looting too much.

bow and sword was increibly more simplistc as they didn't have any special skirmisher or warrior skills. 95% of utility abilities came from magic which was the predominant fighting style.

not sure if it's just  because it's beta but it seems to me like it used to be a lot harder to get rare items from gathering (like Steed grass and such).

There's a reason why many of these things changed from the original. The original SUCKED. I wish all the DF vets would just shut up and deal with it instead of flooding the forums with whine threads about how it should be more DF and less UW. 

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by D_TOX

There's a reason why many of these things changed from the original. The original SUCKED. I wish all the DF vets would just shut up and deal with it instead of flooding the forums with whine threads about how it should be more DF and less UW. 

I actually agree with the trekkie here.

Im a vet, i loved the origional. It has major issues.  While i dont agree with a few decisions that were made, as a whole it should be a better game all around.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by TigerDriver

Broken promises? All the features that they said it would have are in there. It's just buggy, because its a beta.

• TigerDriverTigerDriver Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by TigerDriver

Broken promises? All the features that they said it would have are in there. It's just buggy, because its a beta.

You mean besides all the *NDA* classes right? and the crafting *NDA* right? and the zillion other things that I cant mention?

Originally posted by Crunchy222

Im a vet, i loved the origional. It has major issues.  While i dont agree with a few decisions that were made, as a whole it should be a better game all around.

i can live with 95% of the changes but the safe zones are just dumb imo. The fact that reds can gank you right outside one monent and then be untouchable as soon as they themselve step into it makes the whole thing pretty much one big joke. eveyone is just going to fight right on the border of the safe zones and as soon as they are getting their ass kicked they are just going to step into the safe zone for protection....lame. not only is there no punishment for agressors, but they can actually use the safe zones for protection... lame and LAME.....and the safe zones are way too big.

now dont get me wrong. i was actually one of the guys asking for the implementation fo safe zones, but not like this. all they had to do was add towers and make them more skale with people's stats( so that you always get hit for 1/3 of your hp regadless of your "level"). this invulnerability crap is so darn lame...

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

i can live with 95% of the changes but the safe zones are just dumb imo. The fact that reds can gank you right outside one monent and then be untouchable as soon as they themselve step into it makes the whole thing pretty much one big joke. eveyone is just going to fight right on the border of the safe zones and as soon as they are getting their ass kicked they are just going to step into the safe zone for protection....lame. not only is there no punishment for agressors, but they can actually use the safe zones for protection... lame and LAME.....and the safe zones are way too big.

now dont get me wrong. i was actually one of the guys asking for the implementation fo safe zones, but not like this. all they had to do was add towers and make them more skale with people's stats( so that you always get hit for 1/3 of your hp regadless of your "level"). this invulnerability crap is so darn lame...

I guess thats what you get for crying about not being safe enough in NPC towns.image

Do you really expect most players to stick around the noob safe zones? How many player holdings border the safe zones? ZERO  

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I played DF1 for about a year and I like the direction of the new game honestly. I am not sure why so many vets are so butt-hurt over a few safe-zones as it will keep new players around to learn the game and play to end-game. Of course there are some issues, but they will be fixed as stated in last Q & A.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.