Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We meet again, Earthrise.

BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Why would they rerelease it if it was so bad the first time?
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Actually, another company took over when the original one collapsed. But still.....
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    I will try it
  • DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I'll give it another look.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

My only issue with whats happening here...its been what..one year since shutdown?

I played this right before it went down.  I sat there and i ignored the lack of other players, the client stability, rubberbanding and desync issues, all the bugs i encounters..the water texture that looked like low rez paint....whatever....i tried to focus on how the game plays ect.

I really found that the combat was incredibly boring, the weapons were stale, had no feeling, no life about them. Mob fights were boring as well, though challanging given everything was hard to hit since the mob drawn was never where the mob actually was.

Had a great world look, unique music that ranged from over the top deathmetal to techno.  Added a unique flair to the game.

What makes me nervous...yeah they are going to beta soon ....but what excatly has been done, what has changed?  If they simply fixed stability and sync issues....great....the game is still going to be dry and boring.  If they put in a proper combat system, and fixed the playability issues...we might have something fantastic here.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

MastHead studios still lists Earthrise as their game. The domain registration information hasn't changed much since 2007 so I would guess that the new company is at the very least very chummy with MastHead. They did update the information today, but Daniel Schemann is the registrar for both the old and the new sites...I would guess nothing has really changed. They might be developing things on their own time or something, but it doesn't really seem like a new company.

Which is sad, because MastHead did a horrible job. A new company is about the only way this game is going to turn into something worthwhile.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

The idea of the game is still a good one. Maybe this time they'll listen to their alpha/beta testers :p

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Let's see what happens.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    [mod edit]

so they got rid of full loot and the company that is suppose to be turning this game around is possibly just an extension of the company that did so well the first time around.

Great to hear.  Why cant a normal, well run company make a damn full loot sandbox for once...

• lkc673lkc673 Member Posts: 149
    where do they get the money from to support a whole year of development when 1st released hardly anyone played it...I played for a trial and yeah it was bad. Felt like a chore playing it.
  • RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259

i was excited to see earthrise on the map again as i liked the concept,

so i tryed to get my forum account back from the support team at the new company, they can see my account but are unable to unlock it :P  

so... if they cant run a forum i dont hold much hope for an mmo.

it tanked the first time and the game appeal was that its full loot and now they remove that then its just another mmo same old stuff just with a crap engine

if they get this working i will eat my words :)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

to bad the account creation screen is bugged. I tried to sign up and there is no capta to enter and it says you did not enter it. I tried both chrome and IE and it is not there.

So until they fix that I don't think they will get many signups.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 454
    Back from the dead eh... This time I'll bring my zombie blaster shotgun. The madness must end.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• theKeostheKeos Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by erictlewis

to bad the account creation screen is bugged.

Sorry for that, we just noticed, that Google not automatically had SSL url. The account creation should work now.

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487
    This garbage again?  I still want my money back from the first time.

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• argoriusargorius Member Posts: 17
    I fell for this one last time - not going to get suckered into again...I played at the beginning and it was the most ridiculous MMO experience ever...totally unplayable and a disgrace to the MMO world!
    Originally posted by theKeos
    Originally posted by erictlewis

to bad the account creation screen is bugged.

Sorry for that, we just noticed, that Google not automatically had SSL url. The account creation should work now.

Any possible way you could address any of the rumors floating around here?

I notice the SF logo so im assuming your with the company who is working on the game now.

Are you guys in any way affiliated with masthead?  Also whats your vision for the game as you intend to launch it.  Are we getting a workable and playable Earthrise as we remember, or are you doing some major overhauls to the mechanics?

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111
    I don't know if im going to touch this again, especially since Masthead failed to deliver what I was hoping was a decent new sci-fi mmo. This new one seems like they are going down the apocalyptic route (Too overdone IMO), with no info on what has changed/if the game is completely different or what they plan on doing with it. Its probably best to sit on the sidelines for this one, at least for the first year after release.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

I was in ALPHA the first time and someone who played from then until the doors closed, its funny if I post anything with an opinion on there site they delete it, and I don't even get asked to test there game, I have a degree in Game Production and I been a Paid tester for years, also tested games on my own time, and I been treated like dirt by this company.

I asked them what games they made and they dodge the question, this tells me either A its the same company which the game is still on MHS site, or B they have not made anything. Or C they do not want to show us any games because they all failed..

So being a game designer myself, you should be showing on your site what you have done before, I even told MHS  they should of worked the Andriod market, dunno if they listen but they are working on smaller games now, because thats what I was trained to do, and other smart devs do as well, the market for mobile games are huge , also facebook, then after 5-10 games then go for the big dog, like an MMo.. That is why most indies fail...

This company I feel and is my opinion and I never say this , I think its full of BS...Its MHS employees...because why are they hiding....I won't touch this game nor will my guild because of how they treated Vets they  used to play....Some will come back, thats there choice but I will not ...I give it 6 months it will go back offline, when your in any business you need to learn to talk to your community learn the business aspects and market, they have done nothing..... If you go to there forums, they removed so many posts and it was just stuff asking stuff like, what did you make before, or why did you go this route asking legit questions and Keo there deletes your posts... Never in 20+ years have I seen so much BS from a company before...

I do wish them the best of luck.

PS Keo if you want to make it in this field you need to learn how to talk to people...and deal with  a forum, not all gamers, are just gamers, you never know what people are doing for a living and who they work for....Alot of DEVS like to game to and play other games..

I was Earthrise's biggest fan from early beta to just so the trolls know...

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295
    I'll be there again
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by theKeos
    Originally posted by erictlewis to bad the account creation screen is bugged.

Well, aren't you the brave one? While forum moderation here has some guidelines, I'm betting they are outside the parameters game developers use for their own forums. :-)

Anyway, you should submit an article or blog post on the game to MMORPG.com (and other sites of course), with the intentions for the game, what players can expect to be different, and what players can expect to not change.

I can say, without a doubt, that my first experience with the game was not great. It was, in fact, pretty horrible. Good ideas and interesting setting, but the implementation was just awful. Everything else aside, can players at least expect the game mechanics to work better than the last go around?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354
    I pre-ordered the game. It was never in a playable state. The doors closed. I am out money and have no game to play still. Not sure I want anything to do with anyone who was affiliated with this particular abortion.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I will give it a whirl but I can see this now been more of a traditional themepark,I could be wrong but Masthead tried something different maybe if they had Kickstarter back then they could have put more time in as the game had some very good ideas,just needed the time and dare say it better talented dev team to see out the game as they intended Silent Future need a quick turn around on their investment so I expect them to do just that.
    p>
  • D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

Completely agree with DarkCrystal.

Stay away at all costs. It's not even Earthrise any more. 

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file