Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: LFG App Released to iTunes

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The team behind the Guild Wars 2 LFG app has announced that the latest version is now available for iOS devices and has been released on iTunes. 

The easy way to find a group. Find groups for dungeons and events in Guild Wars 2.

• Great way to find a group even across different home servers.

• No need to stand in Lions Arch spamming chat for a group

• Quick way to advertise you are looking for a group or find that last needed member.

• Note: You can group with others no matter what server they are on. You don't need to be on the same home server. Only thing to note is European vs North American servers. You are unable to play across regions.

Grab your copy of the Guild Wars 2 LFG app on iTunes for ninety-nine cents.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Nice, an app for a feature that should be in game in at least some form. /facepalm
  • nattiusnattius Member Posts: 22
    An app to let me target 15% of smart phone users of which how many play guild wars 2? I'll stick to the chat spam =p
  • soulragesoulrage Member Posts: 23
    Nah it also incorporates people using the PC, android and website app as well. Very busy with an average of 10 new LFGs appearing every minute
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

gw2lfg.com

Find a group for the content you want..... 

Type /join "Character Name"

Join the group, regardless of what server they are on, as long as they are on the overflow.  You can get on the overflow by simply poting to Lion's Arch.

Gw2 Doesn't need a dungeon finder.... at least this way, I can be selective on which group I want to join.. With Dungeon Finder in game, I have no choice.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Nice app shame I can’t use it.

This functionality should be in the game.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    This was fan made, by the way :)

And you can use it on PC gw2lfg.com
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Originally posted by Coolit

Originally posted by Purutzil
    Nice, an app for a feature that should be in game in at least some form. /facepalm

You guys also need the feature of FLASHY ICONS over your heads to help you DODGE in game too.

So much handholding needed for some folks.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Pretty sad, first off LFG should be in the game , but at the same time besides dungeons there is no incentive for high end organized play. Orr is certainly not endgame either, and going back to see content in the world that you already did.....not really endgame either.  I was looking forward to what GW2 was going to do instead of raids and pvp ladders, and instead they did nothing. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Pretty sad, first off LFG should be in the game , but at the same time besides dungeons there is no incentive for high end organized play. Orr is certainly not endgame either, and going back to see content in the world that you already did.....not really endgame either.  I was looking forward to what GW2 was going to do instead of raids and pvp ladders, and instead they did nothing. 

Holy cow!

What End Game?

No one ever said there was end game!

No organization? You lack imagination!

Did you even educate yourself about the product you even bought?

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Holy cow!

What End Game?

No one ever said there was end game!

No organization? You lack imagination!

Did you even educate yourself about the product you even bought?

Yes I did, Im max level with full exotic and spent hours and hours in beta.  This isnt about end game, its about that incentive or social mechanic in MMO's that drives players to a common goal.  The shatterer that big dragon you fought in the lowland burns? You could sit there and play with your feet while eating cookies and still get good loot because of the 100's of other people that just showed and and started spamming attacks on it.  How is that epic in any way? In order to make an extremely extremely good MMO, and not just a good or average MMO, they needed something in place of raiding and leaderboards, and instead they did nothing.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I don't want to use my iphone for that.  I'd rather have in game functionality.  I'm playing with my Iphone enough as it is.
  • morgan101morgan101 Member Posts: 3
    Nice app. I really like this app. 
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its a shame its not integrated intoo the game itselves.

This proves that the game needs a LFG tool.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    It costs 7 swedish krones. Report him, he shouldn't make money off a GW2 app.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    This was fan made, by the way :)

And you can use it on PC gw2lfg.com

It's great that people use their spare time to make these apps or sites and they should be commended.

However, It’s a shame there is no in game LFG tool yet. Regardless of how people feel about LFG tools GW2 is all about accessibility and a proper in game LFG system fits in perfectly with this ethos.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Pretty neat, I'm playing right now, just started a new Norn warrior. Hopefully this comes in game soon.
  • korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

I don't get it..

Taking time out of the game to use my phone to perform an in-game task.. seems very inefficient.

Also..

Is this even legal? Looks like some guy getting money off of GW2's IP. If that's the case, why is MMORPG promoting this?

Not complaining, mind you. I just don't get it.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Anet pretty much holds all the cards here. They havent shut it down yet, but i believe that was because the website was free. Now that the app has been made, and he decided to charge for it, not make it free, im sure Anet will step in. 

Basically, whenever Anet decides they dont want to allow this, anyone who uses it will get banned, and there wont be any refunds, either for the game, or for the app from that developer. So at the moment its not illegal, until Anet says it is. Which they can do at any point in time, without warning. So use at your own risk.

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

You guys also need the feature of FLASHY ICONS over your heads to help you DODGE in game too.

How is a LFG tool ingame ''handholding'' but on a website its not....its the same thing X_x

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I like the idea. Make this app for Android OS and also put it in the game as well please. I'm sure the Dev is working on mobile app for GW2!

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    While everyone cheers on that app it rather shows how hard Anet fails.

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Wish developers had LFG tools as good as this one
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Yeah this people are responsible for the sad turn the MMORPG industry has taken in the last 5-6 years. Why don't they stick with something like CoD it's a mistery to me