Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite Dangerous made it !!!

FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

currently sitting at 1.55 million GBP on Kickstarter!

80 minutes to go!

PC and stretch goal Mac version confirmed, plus 10 additional ships on launch

Congratulations Frontier and Mr. Braben!!

latest video here:

http://youtu.be/Xg9k7E4ngFw

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Comments

• ObiClownobiObiClownobi Member Posts: 186
    Hell yes!!

"It's a sandbox, if you are not willing to create a castle then all you have is sand" - jtcgs

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Is this when he moves to the Caribbean, buys a beachfront villa and laughs while drinking mai tais?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    I wish them all the luck and hope their game is a wonderful hit.  :)
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    annother space game? isnt star citizen enough? guess there hoping to make a big splash like they will...personally i dislike space games

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    annother space game? isnt star citizen enough? guess there hoping to make a big splash like they will...personally i dislike space games

No not just another space game... at least not for gamers from the mid-80s to mid-90s.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I think it had the highest base funding requirement ever on Kickstarter to make it into production but it didn't make the most of any project to be put up by a long shot. Interesting. I am glad they have the oppurtunity to make the game and I am looking forward to a copy. Elite brings back a lot of good memories. However, I have learned from their example. If they had done a better job presenting their game and case to the fans willing to invest like Roberts did with Star Citizen they could have raked in a metric ton more funding... It is what it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Is Elite: Dangerous going to get a section on these borads?
  • UserUndeletedUserUndeleted Member Posts: 121

A new interview on PCGamesn.com features David talking about how ED will be a hybrid, of sorts, of Elite and Frontier.

ED will be set after First Encounters, in the year 3300AD. There'll be 100 billion star systems (as Frontier) with each system containing upto 100 bodies.

It's also looking good for the Thargoids.