Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

If you scam you will be punished is a lie, scamming allowed in GW2

245678

Comments

  • keirionkeirion seattle, WAPosts: 51Member Uncommon
    Based off of what their support team regularly says on their forums when this comes up is that they investigate these reports and will ban players for scamming, HOWEVER they will under no circumstances reimburse players who failed to use a secure channel for trading (ie the TP)
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nate1980
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

    Do they not have any reliable sort of trading in-game, or CoD mail, other than the Trading Post?   There is no individual direct trading?      If not, that seems like something needed at the very least in the game.   

    I don't really see any need to for anyone else to tell the OP to grow up, man up, or realize it's just a game.  Kicking someone when they're down, another common trait of anonymous online individuals.     Scamming falls under misconduct to me.   If you get raped it's your fault for what you're wearing, if you get scammed it's your fault for being naive I guess.   The things we come to accept in societies...  Sure, some responsibility can always fall at the feet of the victims, but if there are ways to improve the chances of people not being victimized or punishing those that do then I'm for it.     Regardless of responsibility.     /shrug   Off my soapbox I guess...

    Exactly. Whether the OP could of prevented this from happening or not, he was wronged and that type of behavior should not be allowed in the game. I mean, the OP claims to have screenshots and proof of his claims, so it shouldn't be an issue for the CSR's to take care of this.

    I can't wait to go to work and just punch someone in the face, and then blame them for having their face around me.

    Did the person ask you to swing your arms around?  This person gave someone their gold before getting a product or using the trading post.  There is no way you can compare this to someone just punching a random person in the face.  The guy at work had no interaction with you and didn't step in front of your moving hand.

     

    You and the other poster are relating a scam to unprovoked physical violence.  If someone sold you a TV on the internet would you pay them before getting the TV?  If you sent them the money and then could not contact them what would you do?  That is what this is like.  Ask the police to follow up on that and see how much ef fort they put into it when they are actually dealing with phyisical violence.

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by keirion
    Based off of what their support team regularly says on their forums when this comes up is that they investigate these reports and will ban players for scamming, HOWEVER they will under no circumstances reimburse players who failed to use a secure channel for trading (ie the TP)

    Excellent. The perfect solution. If people scam other people they will be punished, but the people that failed to use common sense still get the golden opportunity to learn the hard way.

    All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

    I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

    I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

  • kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member
    one of those things i suppose..you live and learn..what i would do is just shame this guy all over chat..has long as you dont insult or call him names there is nothing he can do.have to admit though it is disgusting behaviour..you have to be some sort of low life to scam someone for in- game money
  • ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,034Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nate1980

    You guys make me sick. Talk about blame the victim. So if you all walk down an alley one night after you got drunk at a bar, and get mugged, I guess the cops should just say, " it's your own fault for walking through a dark alley at night."

    People and developers should always be striving to do the right thing. The right thing for the developers to do is to suspend that person and give this guy his gold back. GW2, nor does any other game, need people like that in their games.

    Nah CS should not spend time and resources and stuff like this. They are not the police. Also it's aint as easy as looking at the screenshot one guy made. They would actually have to do a proper investigation. Talk to both side, etc. They could not just take one person word for it and start banning accounts and give away/back gold. 

    For all we know the guy might have had an accident making him not able to send the items or any other real life related issues or maybe he really did scam. Who knows, but can we really just trust the word of the OP?

    Also you comparison is nonsense. I had a friend who got ripped of IRL by some guy for 50 euro's at an online auction. They got a lot of information on the guy (A group of poeple who got ripped off by the same person), but the police was to busy to work on the case or was not to importend to them. In those cases the police will tell you to be more carefull next time. 

  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member
    Avoid EVE like the plague if you want to avoid getting scammed. Scamming in EVE is the #1 way to make money.

    Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

  • jtcgsjtcgs New Port Richey, ILPosts: 1,777Member
    Originally posted by nate1980

    You guys make me sick. Talk about blame the victim. So if you all walk down an alley one night after you got drunk at a bar, and get mugged, I guess the cops should just say, " it's your own fault for walking through a dark alley at night."

     That is not a correct analogy.

    A correct one would be, There are two allies, one is well lit with many people walking it and the other is a dark alley way off in the distance with a guy in the shadows telling you its safe...you go to the dark one and get robbed and then blame the police for not making sure it didnt happen.

    That is what happened here. There is a 100% safe way given by the game, the 100% unsafe way was chosen. It sucks, but you took the risk.

    “I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Butthole, FLPosts: 363Member

    OP: if you are honestly as old as your profile says you are, you should have had the presence of mind to not just give someone money. (Hypothetical Situation) : You are sitting around somewhere with your child and a wild stranger appears, he asks to hold the child. Do you: A) Let him hold it....B)Tell him to get lost....C)Leave the child with him and walk away.   

    You just left your in-game child with a stranger and walked away.

  • Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Elizabethtown, KYPosts: 165Member
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by nate1980
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

    Do they not have any reliable sort of trading in-game, or CoD mail, other than the Trading Post?   There is no individual direct trading?      If not, that seems like something needed at the very least in the game.   

    I don't really see any need to for anyone else to tell the OP to grow up, man up, or realize it's just a game.  Kicking someone when they're down, another common trait of anonymous online individuals.     Scamming falls under misconduct to me.   If you get raped it's your fault for what you're wearing, if you get scammed it's your fault for being naive I guess.   The things we come to accept in societies...  Sure, some responsibility can always fall at the feet of the victims, but if there are ways to improve the chances of people not being victimized or punishing those that do then I'm for it.     Regardless of responsibility.     /shrug   Off my soapbox I guess...

    Exactly. Whether the OP could of prevented this from happening or not, he was wronged and that type of behavior should not be allowed in the game. I mean, the OP claims to have screenshots and proof of his claims, so it shouldn't be an issue for the CSR's to take care of this.

    I can't wait to go to work and just punch someone in the face, and then blame them for having their face around me.

    Did the person ask you to swing your arms around?  This person gave someone their gold before getting a product or using the trading post.  There is no way you can compare this to someone just punching a random person in the face.  The guy at work had no interaction with you and didn't step in front of your moving hand.

     

    You and the other poster are relating a scam to unprovoked physical violence.  If someone sold you a TV on the internet would you pay them before getting the TV?  If you sent them the money and then could not contact them what would you do?  That is what this is like.  Ask the police to follow up on that and see how much ef fort they put into it when they are actually dealing with phyisical violence.

     

    Enough with the analogies.   I was only pointing out the blame victims get after being victimized is unnecceasary, never relating the OP's misfortune to rape.    Jesus....

     

     

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Zoyita

    Also just for your information in the terms of service:

    Source: http://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.html

    ("NCSOFT") and ArenaNet, Inc. ("ArenaNet") have the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception.
    While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

     

    Big talk in there TOS but when it came time to do something they failed bigtime. I guess the scamer got the "exception". Sorry OP someone took advantage of you.

     

    Some nice responces in this thread to btw. Big hearts in the GW2 community.

    image

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D

    OP: if you are honestly as old as your profile says you are, you should have had the presence of mind to not just give someone money. (Hypothetical Situation) : You are sitting around somewhere with your child and a wild stranger appears, he asks to hold the child. Do you: A) Let him hold it....B)Tell him to get lost....C)Leave the child with him and walk away.   

    You just left your in-game child with a stranger and walked away.

    This is an insance analogy.

     

    Would have gone with something like you gave someone a 20 to go get you a beer from the bar and they never came back with the beer or your 20.

    image

  • AethaerynAethaeryn Kitchener, ONPosts: 1,974Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by nate1980
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

    Do they not have any reliable sort of trading in-game, or CoD mail, other than the Trading Post?   There is no individual direct trading?      If not, that seems like something needed at the very least in the game.   

    I don't really see any need to for anyone else to tell the OP to grow up, man up, or realize it's just a game.  Kicking someone when they're down, another common trait of anonymous online individuals.     Scamming falls under misconduct to me.   If you get raped it's your fault for what you're wearing, if you get scammed it's your fault for being naive I guess.   The things we come to accept in societies...  Sure, some responsibility can always fall at the feet of the victims, but if there are ways to improve the chances of people not being victimized or punishing those that do then I'm for it.     Regardless of responsibility.     /shrug   Off my soapbox I guess...

    Exactly. Whether the OP could of prevented this from happening or not, he was wronged and that type of behavior should not be allowed in the game. I mean, the OP claims to have screenshots and proof of his claims, so it shouldn't be an issue for the CSR's to take care of this.

    I can't wait to go to work and just punch someone in the face, and then blame them for having their face around me.

    Did the person ask you to swing your arms around?  This person gave someone their gold before getting a product or using the trading post.  There is no way you can compare this to someone just punching a random person in the face.  The guy at work had no interaction with you and didn't step in front of your moving hand.

     

    You and the other poster are relating a scam to unprovoked physical violence.  If someone sold you a TV on the internet would you pay them before getting the TV?  If you sent them the money and then could not contact them what would you do?  That is what this is like.  Ask the police to follow up on that and see how much ef fort they put into it when they are actually dealing with phyisical violence.

     

    Enough with the analogies.   I was only pointing out the blame victims get after being victimized is unnecceasary, never relating the OP's misfortune to rape.    Jesus....

     

     

    No one did.   I agree that it sucks and I don't blame. them.  I think that the expectation that the person would be punished is what is excessive.  I think it sucks.  The person deserves to be scorned. . outed etc.  

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • jdnewelljdnewell Spring Hill, TNPosts: 2,150Member Uncommon

    That sucks someone ripped you off. I am not suprised the CS did not do anything about it, it takes alot of time and investigation to make sure your side of the story is accurate.

    It was a crummy thing for someone to do for sure. Best advice I can give you is never send anyone gold in the mail and be suspicious of pretty much anyone who asks you to.

    I think most people who have played MMOs for many years have had some dealing with folks like this. I did a few stupid things in DAoC many years ago, i was a noob to MMOs and learned the hard way as well. Needless to say it has not happened since and I am much more careful with transactions. I dont do em unless its scam proof, ever.

    Dont let it ruin your game experience with GW2. Most people are not like that, just chalk this one up to lesson learned and move on.

  • The_emberThe_ember SheffieldPosts: 51Member

    Meh, you were well aware of the risk you were taking sending him your money. It's fairly obvious in game that there is no way to guaruntee a return/reply.

    To go crying to Anet afterwards is essentially going "I took a gamble and it didn't pay off, I want my money back!".

  • ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,034Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Zoyita

    Also just for your information in the terms of service:

    Source: http://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.html

    ("NCSOFT") and ArenaNet, Inc. ("ArenaNet") have the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception.
    While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

     

    Big talk in there TOS but when it came time to do something they failed bigtime. I guess the scamer got the "exception". Sorry OP someone took advantage of you.

     

    Some nice responces in this thread to btw. Big hearts in the GW2 community.

     

    This is about the players right to play the game and you as a player can not/should not do anything to prevent them from playing. This does not relate to character interaction. Well that is how I believe CS interpret these rules. Who knows.

     

     

  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,460Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by nate1980

    You guys make me sick. Talk about blame the victim. So if you all walk down an alley one night after you got drunk at a bar, and get mugged, I guess the cops should just say, " it's your own fault for walking through a dark alley at night."

    People and developers should always be striving to do the right thing. The right thing for the developers to do is to suspend that person and give this guy his gold back. GW2, nor does any other game, need people like that in their games.

    [mod edit]

    Or perhaps it's about people who cut their teeth on tougher games where you could be scammed and it was up to you and the community to police themselves.

    so really? If someone told you, in "real life" that they had a product for you at a fraction of the cost you would find in a store, and all you had to do is give them money and wait while they "went to get it", would you?

    Why is it that common sense flies out the window when people start playing these video games?

    I dont' think there is a person here who isn't sympathetic to the OP but at the same time, when do we start taking responsibility for our actions? What the heck has happened to people? Heck, if I was an avid GW2 player I would just give him the gold out of my pocket and be done with it.

    I like the above analogy of the two alleys, one light and one dark. People really need to start thinking for themselves.

     

  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Vista, CAPosts: 650Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zoyita

    Sad but true, as the title said. I trusted another player that where gonna sell me ectos for 50gold. 50 gold all i had, sent by mail gone forever. I had screenshots, all the conversation, everything.

    Do not trust other people in this game, he had my trust and look what he did. This Arena.net reply.

    Well it doesnt have a happy ending you guys will not believe the answer. I didnt even bother to say anything in the official forums because that would get me ban. Here is the answer: Scamming is Allowed on GW2

    Hello Zoyita,

    Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars Game Support Team.

    We understand that some transactions take place in the game world often involve a certain element of trust. A player will need to place trust in another player to fulfill his or her end of an agreement. Occasionally a player will go back on an agreement or act in a less-than-honest manner. Such acts are matters over which we have no control of and cannot take corrective measures. If a player does not live up to his or her end of an agreement we are unable to force that player to do so.

    If you have additional questions please let us know.

    Regards,
    GM Sparse
    Guild Wars Support Team

    ----
    I played other games where scammers where punished, i guess not this one. I already have 30G back from the 50G i lost but is sad that someone can be a villain and GW2 wont make justice, just like in the real world where the bad guy win. This just gives me a feeling like ill be playing and feeling everyone is bad around me some kind of sensation i didnt had before, world is already cruel and corrupted why our games have to be to? if someone have the power not politic involved to solve, punish and teach a lesson to the bad guys.

    Really...? You want him punished because you are to trusting?  How long have you been playing mmo's?

    I learned REAL fast that you do not trust anyone online, not even your own damn friends.  Protect yourself at all times and you will never lose 50 gold like that. 

    I used to scam the bejesus out of people in Everquest 1 back in 1999.

    Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Butthole, FLPosts: 363Member
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D

    OP: if you are honestly as old as your profile says you are, you should have had the presence of mind to not just give someone money. (Hypothetical Situation) : You are sitting around somewhere with your child and a wild stranger appears, he asks to hold the child. Do you: A) Let him hold it....B)Tell him to get lost....C)Leave the child with him and walk away.   

    You just left your in-game child with a stranger and walked away.

    This is an insance analogy.

     

    Would have gone with something like you gave someone a 20 to go get you a beer from the bar and they never came back with the beer or your 20.

    except he/she gave the scammer all their money.

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by jdnewell

    That sucks someone ripped you off. I am not suprised the CS did not do anything about it, it takes alot of time and investigation to make sure your side of the story is accurate.

    It was a crummy thing for someone to do for sure. Best advice I can give you is never send anyone gold in the mail and be suspicious of pretty much anyone who asks you to.

    I think most people who have played MMOs for many years have had some dealing with folks like this. I did a few stupid things in DAoC many years ago, i was a noob to MMOs and learned the hard way as well. Needless to say it has not happened since and I am much more careful with transactions. I dont do em unless its scam proof, ever.

    Dont let it ruin your game experience with GW2. Most people are not like that, just chalk this one up to lesson learned and move on.

    But isent this what they get paid for? I can understand not calling the cops if someone walks off with your 20 buck, "see my other post" since real cops have to invesigate break-ins and muders and car jackings.... the list goes on. But ANets GMs? Getting scammed by other players should fall into there everyday dealings. To say their to busy to deal with scammers is giving ANet a huge licnese to ignore these types of complaints.

    image

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D

    OP: if you are honestly as old as your profile says you are, you should have had the presence of mind to not just give someone money. (Hypothetical Situation) : You are sitting around somewhere with your child and a wild stranger appears, he asks to hold the child. Do you: A) Let him hold it....B)Tell him to get lost....C)Leave the child with him and walk away.   

    You just left your in-game child with a stranger and walked away.

    This is an insance analogy.

     

    Would have gone with something like you gave someone a 20 to go get you a beer from the bar and they never came back with the beer or your 20.

    except he/she gave the scammer all their money.

    And? What does the OP giving all his money.... 50g comparable to giving your baby to a stranger then walking away?

    image

  • EzhaeEzhae LondonPosts: 737Member

    While in the end You pretty much have only yourself ot blame for trusting people over the internet, I'd try to send the ticket again and hope for some other rep to answer it. As with everything handled by humans, you may get different results depending on who answers ont he other side. 

     

    If it doesn' work link the GM who answer this: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

     

    In-game Infractions

    The following will result in either a temporary account suspension or permanent account termination, depending upon the severity of the matter:

    (...)

    Taking advantage of another player (“scamming”) in order to take his/her items or account

  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,501Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by nate1980

    You guys make me sick. Talk about blame the victim. So if you all walk down an alley one night after you got drunk at a bar, and get mugged, I guess the cops should just say, " it's your own fault for walking through a dark alley at night."

    People and developers should always be striving to do the right thing. The right thing for the developers to do is to suspend that person and give this guy his gold back. GW2, nor does any other game, need people like that in their games.

    This is the attitude of most of the GW2 fans on this forum, you cant say anything negative about ArenaNet or GW2. Look how quickly they turn one of their own, it says it all about the majority of GW2 fans.

    Or perhaps it's about people who cut their teeth on tougher games where you could be scammed and it was up to you and the community to police themselves.

    so really? If someone told you, in "real life" that they had a product for you at a fraction of the cost you would find in a store, and all you had to do is give them money and wait while they "went to get it", would you?

    Why is it that common sense flies out the window when people start playing these video games?

    I dont' think there is a person here who isn't sympathetic to the OP but at the same time, when do we start taking responsibility for our actions? What the heck has happened to people? Heck, if I was an avid GW2 player I would just give him the gold out of my pocket and be done with it.

    I like the above analogy of the two alleys, one light and one dark. People really need to start thinking for themselves.

     

    I think that's the best analogy.

     

    You are looking at a stereo system in a store. The price is $300. Some random person next to you says that they can give it to you for $200 if you pay them right there while they get it.

     

    She gave that guy the $200. It really is common sense to be extremely skeptical in that situation. It's strange because I feel really badly for her. It's like I'm watching a loss of innocence. One day, she trusted others so wholely that she would give a random $200 to get a better deal. Now she can trust no one. Everyone is a potential enemy.

     

    Ah well. 

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Zoyita

    Also just for your information in the terms of service:

    Source: http://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.html

    ("NCSOFT") and ArenaNet, Inc. ("ArenaNet") have the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception.
    While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

     

    Big talk in there TOS but when it came time to do something they failed bigtime. I guess the scamer got the "exception". Sorry OP someone took advantage of you.

     

    Some nice responces in this thread to btw. Big hearts in the GW2 community.

     

    This is about the players right to play the game and you as a player can not/should not do anything to prevent them from playing. This does not relate to character interaction. Well that is how I believe CS interpret these rules. Who knows.

    Ill refer you to the Yellow. If you choose to ignore this part thats your buissness.

    image

  • jtcgsjtcgs New Port Richey, ILPosts: 1,777Member
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

    But isent this what they get paid for? I can understand not calling the cops if someone walks off with your 20 buck, "see my other post" since real cops have to invesigate break-ins and muders and car jackings.... the list goes on. But ANets GMs? Getting scammed by other players should fall into there everyday dealings. To say their to busy to deal with scammers is giving ANet a huge licnese to ignore these types of complaints.

     No, they do not get paid to take care of people not using what is in the game. And you need to stop using "police" analogies because you are not using proper ones. It has already been stated, this person chose not to use the tool given by the game to make sure no one can take advantage over you, they chose the risk. I am glad the GMs are using their time to assist those that are having issues with the actual game itself, and not for poor choices. 

    It would have been different if the mail option had a CoD and the player found a way around it. No one exploited here and both did this knowing full well that the TP was a sure way to get what you are paying for.

    “I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Vineland, NJPosts: 869Member
    Originally posted by bingbongbros
    Originally posted by Zoyita

    Sad but true, as the title said. I trusted another player that where gonna sell me ectos for 50gold. 50 gold all i had, sent by mail gone forever. I had screenshots, all the conversation, everything.

    Do not trust other people in this game, he had my trust and look what he did. This Arena.net reply.

    Well it doesnt have a happy ending you guys will not believe the answer. I didnt even bother to say anything in the official forums because that would get me ban. Here is the answer: Scamming is Allowed on GW2

    Hello Zoyita,

    Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars Game Support Team.

    We understand that some transactions take place in the game world often involve a certain element of trust. A player will need to place trust in another player to fulfill his or her end of an agreement. Occasionally a player will go back on an agreement or act in a less-than-honest manner. Such acts are matters over which we have no control of and cannot take corrective measures. If a player does not live up to his or her end of an agreement we are unable to force that player to do so.

    If you have additional questions please let us know.

    Regards,
    GM Sparse
    Guild Wars Support Team

    ----
    I played other games where scammers where punished, i guess not this one. I already have 30G back from the 50G i lost but is sad that someone can be a villain and GW2 wont make justice, just like in the real world where the bad guy win. This just gives me a feeling like ill be playing and feeling everyone is bad around me some kind of sensation i didnt had before, world is already cruel and corrupted why our games have to be to? if someone have the power not politic involved to solve, punish and teach a lesson to the bad guys.

    Really...? You want him punished because you are to trusting?  How long have you been playing mmo's?

    I learned REAL fast that you do not trust anyone online, not even your own damn friends.  Protect yourself at all times and you will never lose 50 gold like that. 

    I used to scam the bejesus out of people in Everquest 1 back in 1999.

    This is a shitty way to feel about the people you play with in a game. If you feel like this why even bother playing? Who the hell wants to look over their shoulder all the time.

     

    >>>>>> I now see why you are they way you are. Because you yourself are a scammer.

    image

Sign In or Register to comment.