Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Blizzard's TITAN Going To Be?

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I got a feeling it will be wow, except with a starcraft graphics.

I'm hoping for this to be honest.

And hopefully this and more actiony combat, like those in a third person action/shooting game.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Probably going to be a huge lobby where you que up for instances dungeons, raid, pvp and duo quests with no open world and a RMAH. Maybe sci fi themed.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

New / biggest rumor now (just yesterday I think) is that Titan actually IS a familiar IP.

Which means they probably changed it to Starcraft MMO in the past year or two.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/01/rumor-blizzards-titan-is-not-a-new-ip-and-could-be-heading-to/

Cross platform too - makes sense to me.

In before-

"That means it will be even more dumbed down for consoles."

I always LOL at those statements, so please - continue!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Probably something just as unoriginal as WoW.

Blizzard is not capable of making interesting innovative games. In all the years of WoW's development its never done anything new.

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Very mainstream and targeted at the new generation of kids.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Foncl
    Very mainstream and targeted at the new generation of kids.

Just like WoW was when it came out.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    vaporware

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

This is only my opinion, and I don't really have a lot to back it up, but here's how I think Titan is going to happen.

It seems to me that Activision-Blizzard have been in "I WANTZ UR MUNY" overdrive for some time now, and I'm betting they are attempting to create something that has more mass appeal than anything else that has ever been created... and I think it will collapse on itself. That's just me, though. Who knows, it could be something totally original and epic, but I doubt it. /shrugs

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Hopefully it will be something that the constant haters won't like. I don't think I could live another day without reading how Blizzard is catering to the kiddies and is ruining the genre...

Personally, I think it will be a huge hit, just like every game they release. (Including D3!!)

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by Psychow Hopefully it will be something that the constant haters won't like. I don't think I could live another day without reading how Blizzard is catering to the kiddies and is ruining the genre...   Personally, I think it will be a huge hit, just like every game they release. (Including D3!!)

Diablo 3 may have had a lot of sales, but it wasn't on its own merit. People bought it because they loved the first two games (or maybe just the second one). If you recall, it hasn't had the best reception.

Frankly, Blizzard would be smart to use an existing IP for Titan (statistically, familiar IPs make a lot more money). They clearly want Titan to be the biggest thing ever, and it might be. But I have the feeling that they are trying too hard, kind of like they did with Daiblo 3; and if they put monetization ahead of the gameplay, then it might be the beginning of the end for Blzzard.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by BadSpock

New / biggest rumor now (just yesterday I think) is that Titan actually IS a familiar IP.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/01/rumor-blizzards-titan-is-not-a-new-ip-and-could-be-heading-to/

In before-

Actually the rumur is that it is a new IP, but a spinoff of an IP already made. Might not even have to be an IP owned by blizzard. 

My guess it's going to be like Warhammer 40k and Warhammer fantasy IP's. Both are Warhammer IPs, but both areunique IPs as well and have nothing to do with each other. 

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Coman

In before-

Actually the rumur is that it is a new IP, but a spinoff of an IP already made. Might not even have to be an IP owned by blizzard. 

My guess it's going to be like Warhammer 40k and Warhammer fantasy IP's. Both are Warhammer IPs, but bother and unique IPs as well and have nothing to do with each other. 

Starcraft=Warhammer 40k spinoff

Warcraft=Warhammer fantasy spinoff

Relic owns Warhammer 40k gaming IP, Creative assembly owns Warhammer fantasy gaming IP

So I dont think that there are much space for your line of thought

ps: Yeah I know that you do not meant this, but im too lazy to edit this shit right now

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Another MMO with a million or more players the first month or two, then an abandonded wasteland afterward.
  • RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704
    My understanding was that it was going to be a FPS point of view game in a SiFi setting? (But confirmed not to be Star Craft Online)
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by dinams
    Originally posted by Coman

In before-

My guess it's going to be like Warhammer 40k and Warhammer fantasy IP's. Both are Warhammer IPs, but bother and unique IPs as well and have nothing to do with each other. 

Starcraft=Warhammer 40k spinoff

Warcraft=Warhammer fantasy spinoff

Relic owns Warhammer 40k gaming IP, Creative assembly owns Warhammer fantasy gaming IP

So I dont think that there are much space for your line of thought

ps: Yeah I know that you do not meant this, but im too lazy to edit this shit right now

You still wrong though. If it would be a spinoff of the Warhammer IP it would be a new universe as a whole. While this would be unlikely, but in this case they would have to deal with games workshop. Plenty of IP's out there that could have a spin-off. Still my guess would that it prolly going to be the Starcraft universe. 

• CaptShatnerCaptShatner Member UncommonPosts: 23

Post apocolytpic/Sci-Fi

I have had my suspicions that it was based on a idea from Red 5 Studios and their game "Firefall". Seeing as the heads of the studio worked at Blizzard right around the time Titan was supposidely created.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

"overhyped"

Especially considering its already called Titan.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i voted sci-fi, but both world of starcraft and sci-fi are the same to me. I think they will make an mmo related to the SC IP. Like some rumors are flowing about SC Ghost coming back

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I'm hoping it will be some sort of space game, time to move away from the fantasy rpg. Also it would'nt effect wow that much if it was a space mmo.
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    I'm going to go with... Fantasy Sci Fi Horror Post Apocalyptic Zombie First Person Shooter... MMO. But since you neglected to put such a noteworthy option on your poll, I chose Sci Fi. I think they will do something different this time around.
  • DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by CaptShatner

Post apocolytpic/Sci-Fi

I have had my suspicions that it was based on a idea from Red 5 Studios and their game "Firefall". Seeing as the heads of the studio worked at Blizzard right around the time Titan was supposidely created.

I hope that it will focus more on the post apocalyptic than on the sci-fi though.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Well unless they shut down WoW upon its release it will be a Flop. I think blizzard believes that they are these amazing game creators and people will flock to whatever they make. Lets face it they aren't unique and Beautiful Snowflakes. What they do have is people who don't want to leave because they have been playing the same game for years. So If they don't give their playerbase a reason to switch games, They wont.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    They said it was going to be a completely different IP. So yea, unless they randomly changed their mind, you won't be seeing world of starcraft or diablo. Plus Blizzard isn't as great of a company from a developer standpoint. Slow content release, slow patches, bad quality assurance. Also, from what I've seen with Diablo 3.... I dunno. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I hope it will be sci-fi, but code name Titan might mean that it will be:

- huge... any  genre possible

- something related to ancient civilizations... which I would not mind either....

No idea, but I voted for sci-fi.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100

"Titan"

A Football MMORPG or Clash of the Titans MMORPG????