Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you scam you will be punished is a lie, scamming allowed in GW2

ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

Sad but true, as the title said. I trusted another player that where gonna sell me ectos for 50gold. 50 gold all i had, sent by mail gone forever. I had screenshots, all the conversation, everything.

Do not trust other people in this game, he had my trust and look what he did. This Arena.net reply.

Well it doesnt have a happy ending you guys will not believe the answer. I didnt even bother to say anything in the official forums because that would get me ban. Here is the answer: Scamming is Allowed on GW2

Hello Zoyita,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars Game Support Team.

We understand that some transactions take place in the game world often involve a certain element of trust. A player will need to place trust in another player to fulfill his or her end of an agreement. Occasionally a player will go back on an agreement or act in a less-than-honest manner. Such acts are matters over which we have no control of and cannot take corrective measures. If a player does not live up to his or her end of an agreement we are unable to force that player to do so.

If you have additional questions please let us know.

Regards,
GM Sparse
Guild Wars Support Team

----
I played other games where scammers where punished, i guess not this one. I already have 30G back from the 50G i lost but is sad that someone can be a villain and GW2 wont make justice, just like in the real world where the bad guy win. This just gives me a feeling like ill be playing and feeling everyone is bad around me some kind of sensation i didnt had before, world is already cruel and corrupted why our games have to be to? if someone have the power not politic involved to solve, punish and teach a lesson to the bad guys.

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    They have no reason to punish this person. They created the Trade Post so nobody can be scammed in such a way. You should have had them post the items on the TP while you were there so you could buy them at the agreed price.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Ehh... that sucks. They don't have a COD option and so stuff like this happens if you trust other people.

What is the character's id?

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Zoyita

This just gives me a feeling like ill be playing and feeling everyone is bad around me some kind of sensation i didnt had before, world is already cruel and corrupted why our games have to be to? if someone have the power not politic involved to solve, punish and teach a lesson to the bad guys.

It's just a game no real harm done, the no babysitting policy is good for anyone positioning himself as a known trader as reliability becomes one of his benefits that attract more customers. Your demand would be beneficial to you but not everyone.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Get mad at yourself and stop trying to blame your mistakes and problems on someone else. Learn from it and move on....

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by Zoyita

Sad but true, as the title said. I trusted another player that where gonna sell me ectos for 50gold. 50 gold all i had, sent by mail gone forever. I had screenshots, all the conversation, everything.

Do not trust other people in this game, he had my trust and look what he did. This Arena.net reply.

Well it doesnt have a happy ending you guys will not believe the answer. I didnt even bother to say anything in the official forums because that would get me ban. Here is the answer: Scamming is Allowed on GW2

Hello Zoyita,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars Game Support Team.

We understand that some transactions take place in the game world often involve a certain element of trust. A player will need to place trust in another player to fulfill his or her end of an agreement. Occasionally a player will go back on an agreement or act in a less-than-honest manner. Such acts are matters over which we have no control of and cannot take corrective measures. If a player does not live up to his or her end of an agreement we are unable to force that player to do so.

If you have additional questions please let us know.

Regards,
    GM Sparse
    Guild Wars Support Team

----
    I played other games where scammers where punished, i guess not this one. I already have 30G back from the 50G i lost but is sad that someone can be a villain and GW2 wont make justice, just like in the real world where the bad guy win. This just gives me a feeling like ill be playing and feeling everyone is bad around me some kind of sensation i didnt had before, world is already cruel and corrupted why our games have to be to? if someone have the power not politic involved to solve, punish and teach a lesson to the bad guys.

They really can't do anything about this. This player did nothing against the terms of service or anything like that. They can't punish him for moral wrongdoings is what I'm saying. You should have used better judgement than to trust a random person you don't know.

• KaraminalKaraminal Member Posts: 58
    Lol why come here and expect sympathy and for us toagree with you? Thats your own fault for trusting some online stranger with your gold.
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    At least you got scammed in a game, not real life. You have to grow up, that is all. Don't trust anyone and always put yourself first in business relationships. Welcome to the real world.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

OP at some point you have to take responsibilty for your own poor judgement. Really no one here is to blame but you.

Arenet is not here to protect you from your own actions, and lack of judgement/forsight. The world is full of terrible people

(as well as good) that will take advantage of you if you blindly take things at face value, or are as niave as to believe everything your told.  The good news here is you learned this lesson in a game over some non-exsistant gold rather in the real world with real money. Hopefully next time you'll be smart and have learned something from all this. other then that man up deal with your mistake and stop expectingothers to always save you from yourself. I'd offer you a cookie but sorry I'm all out.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

You guys make me sick. Talk about blame the victim. So if you all walk down an alley one night after you got drunk at a bar, and get mugged, I guess the cops should just say, " it's your own fault for walking through a dark alley at night."

People and developers should always be striving to do the right thing. The right thing for the developers to do is to suspend that person and give this guy his gold back. GW2, nor does any other game, need people like that in their games.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I like how you make the title to imply it's Anet's fault that you made a bad decision.

First off, why would you think that someone on the internet has your best interest in mind?

Secondly, why would you trust someone that you've never met.

And finally, if you need to get this problem solved, just send me your login details and I can traceroute the transaction and get you the IP and potentially the name of the person that stole your gold.

NOTE: The last was a joke. I don't want your account details, so don't send them to me. Don't give them to anyone. EVER. Don't think anyone on the internet cares for your losses. Don't be ignorant on the potentially ruthless side of humanity.  If it seems too good to be true, than it probably is.   

It's truly a blessing that the forum rules prohibit me from being more candid.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

When i was in a party full of people also buying stuff, they where buying mystic coins, lodestones and some other stuff, there was 3 more people doing business. I just hope that people didnt got scammed too.

I dont wish harm to people like bad people does. Good people wish bad things to stop happening and would try to do something about it and also excuse me but so you say smart people that will offer to sell you things knowing you dont have enough money to buy it with 20% tax plus more expensier, is win? so acting bad is good? This is not Dungeon Dungeon keeper, this is Guild Wars 2 and we should be feeling we are heroes to defeat the evil in game not wanting to be the Nightmare Court.

Also just for your information in the terms of service:

Source: http://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.html

("NCSOFT") and ArenaNet, Inc. ("ArenaNet") have the sole right and final judgment of how to interpret and apply these rules and guidelines to any specific circumstance and situation, including proper punishment or exception.
    While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.

I live in USA, NY and robbery, scam and fraud is a crime.
    You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
    Even if is a virtual/digital that was mine, my effort, my time and this game is really hard to gain currency if you are a honest player like me.

No matter what people say, scam is a crime, cheat is bad, to be a thief is a crime in USA In Europe and in China.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    They have no reason to punish this person. They created the Trade Post so nobody can be scammed in such a way. You should have had them post the items on the TP while you were there so you could buy them at the agreed price.

Sorry but I've gotta agree with the above.

This was a mistake you made. Hope you learned from it.

But saying 'scamming is allowed in GW2' is just kind of irresponsible and ignorant, clearly because you felt ripped off and spiteful.  No need for that, mate.

Just be smart and be careful in the future. Cheers.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Im not saying is Arena net fault but if they dont punish scammers then is clear that scamming is allowed or not?

They have the power to stop it so why not to stop it when they have enough evidence. They can investigate my account verify all my things, chat logs etc etc and get more evidence if they need so.

Originally posted by DeaconX
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Sorry but I've gotta agree with the above.

This was a mistake you made. Hope you learned from it.

But saying 'scamming is allowed in GW2' is just kind of irresponsible and ignorant, clearly because you felt ripped off and spiteful.  No need for that, mate.

Just be smart and be careful in the future. Cheers.

This is for you buddy:

Stand up for what you believe; Even if you stand alone.

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

lmao.. you did what??? you sent  gold my mail... no trade.. no trading post.. just mailed it to him.. what did you think would happen.

Pssst hay you... send me 25 gold and ill send  you a mini unicorn summoning wand of Haha back.. its a uber rare item.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

Do they not have any reliable sort of trading in-game, or CoD mail, other than the Trading Post?   There is no individual direct trading?      If not, that seems like something needed at the very least in the game.   

I don't really see any need to for anyone else to tell the OP to grow up, man up, or realize it's just a game.  Kicking someone when they're down, another common trait of anonymous online individuals.     Scamming falls under misconduct to me.   If you get raped it's your fault for what you're wearing, if you get scammed it's your fault for being naive I guess.   The things we come to accept in societies...  Sure, some responsibility can always fall at the feet of the victims, but if there are ways to improve the chances of people not being victimized or punishing those that do then I'm for it.     Regardless of responsibility.     /shrug   Off my soapbox I guess...

No direct trading and no CoD. It's one of the stupidest parts of this game to be honest.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I hate to say it but this is part of being in a game world.

I would also go as far as to say that this is how one starts getting a good rep or bad rep.

In lineage 2, players would create huge fortunes just on their reputation alone.

You would  eventually know who to go to, and if they were busy they might even recommend someone.

This is why I never EVER trust anyone unless I know them well and have witnessed their dealings in the past or they are known on the server.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

Do they not have any reliable sort of trading in-game, or CoD mail, other than the Trading Post?   There is no individual direct trading?      If not, that seems like something needed at the very least in the game.   

I don't really see any need to for anyone else to tell the OP to grow up, man up, or realize it's just a game.  Kicking someone when they're down, another common trait of anonymous online individuals.     Scamming falls under misconduct to me.   If you get raped it's your fault for what you're wearing, if you get scammed it's your fault for being naive I guess.   The things we come to accept in societies...  Sure, some responsibility can always fall at the feet of the victims, but if there are ways to improve the chances of people not being victimized or punishing those that do then I'm for it.     Regardless of responsibility.     /shrug   Off my soapbox I guess...

Exactly. Whether the OP could of prevented this from happening or not, he was wronged and that type of behavior should not be allowed in the game. I mean, the OP claims to have screenshots and proof of his claims, so it shouldn't be an issue for the CSR's to take care of this.

I can't wait to go to work and just punch someone in the face, and then blame them for having their face around me.

Seriously i didnt had more gold, theres a lot of people that play the trading post like they buy cheap sell high and they very rich, but the rich people in this game is very rich the poor is very poor, and im very poor took me 3 months to get 50G.

I was exited to upgrade my back piece of fractals that ask for an insanely 250 ectos thats i very scarce/rare to get and expensive, the only system or way is the trading post and you always loose, cause if you buy or sell there you have to pay more than what the item cost, i couldnt even afford the item itself imagine affording the +tax, yes in a game taxes too... like 15-20% not sure.

When i fractal i get 2-3 rare for the full run as much (because i dont wear MF gears) Come on im a decent player i tried my best to be good not taking advantage to others maybe silly me expecting the same. When i brake 6 yellows with black lion kit i swear i only get 2 ectos out of 6 rares.. is really hard is frustrating.

You have to use the market unless you know the person. 20% more is worth every penny to avoid feeling the way you feel right now.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

There was no "lie".  They said people who take advantage of exploits would be punished.  Where did they say scammers would be?

It sucks though and hopefully the guy gets it back.  Most times I see the excuse they give as "I was role playing"  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I see this kind of scam all the time in eq2. They ask you to mail the funds then you get nothing in return. I will not trade with a player like that. The only time I trade is when they are in front of me and even then if your trading plat for sc cash sometimes you get a code that is bad or already used, even then soe will not help you.

Just be careful of how and who you trade with.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by nate1980
    Originally posted by Threatlevel0

Exactly. Whether the OP could of prevented this from happening or not, he was wronged and that type of behavior should not be allowed in the game. I mean, the OP claims to have screenshots and proof of his claims, so it shouldn't be an issue for the CSR's to take care of this.

I can't wait to go to work and just punch someone in the face, and then blame them for having their face around me.

What has this world come to right?  So sad....So sad....

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by nate1980

You guys make me sick. Talk about blame the victim. So if you all walk down an alley one night after you got drunk at a bar, and get mugged, I guess the cops should just say, " it's your own fault for walking through a dark alley at night."

People and developers should always be striving to do the right thing. The right thing for the developers to do is to suspend that person and give this guy his gold back. GW2, nor does any other game, need people like that in their games.

If you walk down an alley at night drunk in the dark you are increasing your risk.  There was a risk free way to do this.  

It is more like getting into a car with a stranger to keep from having to walk home.  The OP tried to save money by taking a risky route.    Also it is a game.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!