Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions on Hauling

2»

Comments

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I believe the guy;s above me are talking about courier contracts, when you look at the contracts use the filter system to refne what your looking for, Courier contracts would be under types of contracts, like auction etc////
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by AreWeLive
    I believe the guy;s above me are talking about courier contracts, when you look at the contracts use the filter system to refne what your looking for, Courier contracts would be under types of contracts, like auction etc////

Huh I seem to have skipped right over those.

Figure just being a courier for a while will help me learn the lay of the land and start to get a grasp on what materials are needed where and such.

I'm in no hurry to make my billions.

"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by"

• Darkor_hXcDarkor_hXc Member UncommonPosts: 209

I don't really see how you can have fun doing contracts and hauling stuff. Most of those contracts are more like scam. Like hauling shit to dangerous systems or you might end up paying more than what you will get.

If you wanna have fun and make tons of ISK you should try to start a Drug Lab and start hauling drugs for your clients. Back in the days I used to make 200m to 2b(net) a run. It was hella fun and thrillin. I used to deliver drugs in null, low and high sec w/o getting caught.

Neways if you're looking for some fun+ISK booster dealing is the thing you need. 

I can hook you up with some useful links if you want to do this send me a PM.

Fly safe o7

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Spock w/e you do, DO NOT afk by an asteroid belt! No matter the sector! Not even 30 secs!  Lost a weeks worth a work that way. I grabbed my chicken patties out the oven, came back and my EVE career was over :(

No. Your EVE career was over the moment you undocked something you couldn't afford to lose.

I could afford the destroyer, but not my high tech (i'm sure worthless) ship equipment. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

I'm just hoping that I (yet again) aren't falling prey to this romantic idea of what is possible to do in EvE and a career path I want to partake in...

And then get WTF pwnd (again) by the reality that it is a flawed game and the major focus is killing other players and the idea of helping people by supplying goods to hot zones (and sneaking past the bad guys) is just an EvE fantasy.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I'm just hoping that I (yet again) aren't falling prey to this romantic idea of what is possible to do in EvE and a career path I want to partake in...

And then get WTF pwnd (again) by the reality that it is a flawed game and the major focus is killing other players and the idea of helping people by supplying goods to hot zones (and sneaking past the bad guys) is just an EvE fantasy.

I think this can be true of any game. From what I read on forums and blogs, there are a lot of players who tend to get hyped about game features. Then, when the players actually experience the game, there is a natural letdown because the features don't meet their personal expectations. Personally I'm still wowed whenever I turn on my computer and see moving pixels, but I'm old and started playing games when text adventures were the hottest games available. So I'm easily amused and amazed.

In the case of EVE, the fact that it provides so many different ways to play is remarkable in itself. Just look at this thread. It's entirely dedicated to hauling, which is only one of the careers in EVE. Imagine if we talked about exploring? (my favorite activity) It provides an entirely different gameplay experience from hauling, yet it happens in the same universe, at the same time. We could easily have a lengthy thread dedicated to all the intracies of that exploring in high sec, low sec, and null sec. And like hauling, I might not pew pew for days when exploring, so for the pacifists out there it's an excellent career choice.

While I think most games are flawed, simply because they are inherently limited in their ability to provide everything for everyone in the exact manner that they expect, I think EVE comes as close as any MMORPG out there to provide a breadth of choices to users who are looking to fill different niches. I've been playing EVE for years now, and every time I come back after taking a break I try to do something different than I did the last time. So far I haven't run out of things to do. That's pretty cool.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• newchemicalsnewchemicals Member Posts: 43
    Yep, in some ways EvE has too many things to go over. I have been away from the game for awhile but I stared a new character because I found making a new character and seeing the character grow each time I login is the most fun part of the game. I think I got less excited about the game when a "short" skill to level 5 was a month long wait.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Make friends. Social engineering goes a long way in making valuable contacts. Information is king. Some of the best haulers, with the best rep, never pick up freelance contracts anymore, they deal directly with low sec pvp corps. Also the more friends u start making the more price info u can begin to gather from reliable sources. 

This is very good advice.  In my experience though, low sec corps usually want a manufacturer / hauler, not really dedicated haulers.  Drones, ammo, nanite repair paste and drugs are always in demand.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by willo248

I believe your looking at buy contracts. 

There are also transport contracts. In which someone will want 1m units of tritanium transported from Jita to Amarr for example. When you accept the contract you will need to be in Jita nad you will get the 1m units of trit aswell as paying a deposit probably worth more than the trit. 

On arival at amarr you will be able to complete the contract getting payment for the service aswell as your deposit back.

Oh, another question -

If the order is for say 1m unit of tritanium do you have to deliver it all at once?

It'd take me 4 trips to haul that much in my current Industrial.

You can do it in many trips sure.

• pj2501pj2501 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    hauling is not worth in EVE

I appreciate all the help.

I've currently found a NPC corp that offers both Security and Distribution missions for all 4 mission levels with a combination of agents in Low and High sec - so at this point while I'm getting back into the feel for things and raising some skills and certs I've been doing a mix of Sec and Dis missions to raise my standings.

Figure it's a good way to make some isk, get some more implants/skill books via LP vendor, and pass the time till I'm trained enough to start on some Low Sec (and have the isk to recoup my losses when I lose ships!)

Thanks all - but yeah, hauling wasn't cutting it... distribution missions aren't too bad in terms of time investment but the payout in lvl 2-3 is just abysmal compared to the security missions.