Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape: Happy 12th Anniversary

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

RuneScape is celebrating its twelfth anniversary this very day. The original opened on January 4, 2001, almost a lifetime ago in some ways. The team is promising that 2013 will bring even more gameplay enhancements and they are planning an ambitious year.

As the game begins its 13th year, the RuneScape development team have huge plans for 2013, ensuring that this year is bigger, better and more ambitious than ever before.  2013 promises to be the year that will allow players to experience a faster, pure HTML5-powered RuneScape. To satisfy RuneScape’s biggest fans, 2013 will also see the release of two brand new skills; a Grandmaster-level quest, Wilderness Warbands, a Construction skill rework; an improved grouping system; and the ability to customize your own game screen/interface - and that’s just for starters. 

The birthday celebration will run throughout this coming weekend.

Find out more on the RuneScape site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TufftypowerTufftypower Member Posts: 2

Runescape is the best MMO out there at the moment. Good to see it finally getting some well deserved publicity.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm an FMod on the RS Forums

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260

I played the game for years until I logged in one day to find my bank pin was removed, my character naked, and all my gold gone, but strangely nothing else..  Then I found out runescape has no customer support for being hacked.

That probably worked back when it was a small mmo in the old days, but today?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I've gotten into the game a bit at times. Always wanted to get into it more. One problem I always had is I come back and have no idea what I'm doing anymore lol

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Think I must be the only person on the planet that hasn’t played Runescape, happy 12th anniversary!

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

i had good time in this game, was playing the classic (2D) back when there was only 1 server lol. pvp was awesome

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I've gotten into the game a bit at times. Always wanted to get into it more. One problem I always had is I come back and have no idea what I'm doing anymore lol

haha me too, i always go back to fight at old spot when there is 1000 time better spot now. lol

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• rawwraww Member UncommonPosts: 27
    i'd give it a whirl if they hadn't ignored my password recovery attempt :0  don't ever lose that password, man.  they make you do everything but pass a physical in order to get it back.

Moo

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Great game that was my starter mmo back in RS Classic. Not really a game I'd ever return to though.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    gotta give Jagex respect for being around this long. especially with a game that is mostly populated by F2P players
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Was a great game 10 years ago. Hasn't aged to well, with a lot of graphics updates actually making things look more lack luster. Still was good at the time when MMos were just getting a real start and in a way really started up the trend of an MMO browser based game.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Only difference between now and then is these days you get xp for doing nothing and back then you had to earn it. Still though even with all the microtransaction changes etc I'd give it a go if you want a skill grinder as low - med skilling is actually fun. I won't be going back to it though thanks to everyons buddy Squeels and Soloman.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.