Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online (A fantasy sandbox MMO)

2»

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

From what I've gathered, the only conclusive thing released on this game is a tech demo that frankly only showcased some graphics.

Until you really have an idea what combat, UI and so forth looks like, you could just as well be paying for an unplayable mess.

I guess that's up to you though.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AndiusMeuridiarAndiusMeuridiar Member UncommonPosts: 91
    If by impose our will on the game you mean establishing newb-help accadamies and prevent RPK vets from abusing the newbs too much... then yes.

People joining this game 9 months after start will be at far less of a disadvantage than someone who joins EVE right now. Plenty of new players still join EVE and have fun. There is no reason it won't work on PFO as well. As stated in the OP newbs are far from useless.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

From what I've gathered, the only conclusive thing released on this game is a tech demo that frankly only showcased some graphics.

Until you really have an idea what combat, UI and so forth looks like, you could just as well be paying for an unplayable mess.

I guess that's up to you though.

This is absolutely true: There are a bunch of things I'd normally have to see as vital to putting money down on the table.

But if you look at this great vid at: [VIDEO] Sandbox MMO's comming out in 2013 - out of those only Pathfinder Online really jumps out and appeals. So a 1/14 selection to speculate into mmorpgs settles it (for me) combined with the very good design vision at the blogs: Willing to take a punt on it.

Sure implementation/execution will impact that vision, but actually think it's good that mmorpg players start to dictate the market instead of the other way around that led to themeparks modelling designs after wow's brilliant commercial success.