Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trials of Ascension

YeviYevi Member Posts: 1

A while back there was a game in development called Trials of Ascension. They ran out of money during development and shut the project down. However, they have started development back up again and are trying to generate interest so they can try again to release the game. The game developers want to try to different approaches to typical MMO systems and I personally would love to play it. So, go check it out and see what you think. It may not be for you, but spread the word to those that would be interested.

http://trialsofascension.com

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    An ambitious title but it's got a solid team behind it so I am excited to see where it heads. There's a ToA board here we should probably start relaying news to as it comes out.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PsiKahnPsiKahn Member Posts: 126

I'm following this one closely too now that it's back.  Notably, they've pared down the design a bit to a more manageable endeavor in perparation for a forthcoming Kickstarter campaign, which shows me that the devs are serious about getting this thing done.  They've been posting design updates every couple weeks so I will try to remember to relay that info to the ToA board if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

This game has a lot of appealing features and moreover I think the industry needs games like this just to break it out of its rut and explore some new territory.

• PeskeyPixiePeskeyPixie Member Posts: 24
    I used to follow them when they first got started in 2002 and now they are back again with a slimmed down version of the game. I think they had some serious thinking to do but it looks like, from reading thier forums, that they managed to retain all of the unique features of old. In fact I think they may have actually improved them! They are down to just humans to launch, which makes me glad because that means that the game can launch earlier than if they tried to include even half of the races in the original design. This game is going to rock!