Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Blizzard's TITAN Going To Be?

Pick one - and if you choose 'Other', post your prediction (either IP or genre, genre-mix etc.)

Comments

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    hard to pick with no poll?
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    ThemePark.
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Fusion
    hard to pick with no poll?

Inserted again... weird it didn't appear first time.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Well Blizz have confirmed its a new IP so the choice os obvious.  Though I'd like to a see a proper MMO/RTS from them.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Well, as seemingly on all blizzard concept and 3d-artists blogs and galleries have teemingly been filling up with steam/diesel-punkish images...

Other Genre - steam/diesel-punk - fantasy mixture :)

++ casual, themepark, F2P / B2P with cash-shop. (unfortunately)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Blizzard's new team lack innovation.

The original Diablo Series (D1 and D2) and RTS Series (Warcraft and Starcraft) was ahead of its time. These games were unique.

10-13 years later...

The new Diablo 3 and RTS Series = Devolving Innovation. There is nothing new. Been there, done that.

World of Warcraft was not innovative, either. However, it was extremely clean and they did a good job marketing it and keeping up with fixes / updates. However, World of Warcraft continues to get worse.

Blizzard is a tired company with a lack-luster staff. Titan is going to be the same thing...      more Theme Park.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

"What is Blizzard's TiTAN Going To Be?

The Titanic... it's going to sink just as fast as every other new MMO out there. 

People will continue to play WoW even if it is dumbed down into a game of pong.  That's been proven already.  No one has released a new MMO that has captured players attention since.  Hype all you want, but in the end, most have a shelf life of 6 months max... and that includes Blizzard releases as well.

Blizzard can't fix the fact that MMORPGs are tired and old.  Slap whatever coat of paint you want on it, but players are yearning for something new, and MMORPGS aren't new, they're old.  TV used to have tons of westerns back in the day... did them to death, now you don't ever see any westerns on TV any more.  MMORPGS are like westerns... they've been done to death.  In the end, any new product is still going to be a western... been there, done that.  It's only fresh and new to someone who has been living under a rock for the past 20 years or born yesterday.

You don't want a new MMORPG, you want something entirely new.  And I can assure you, Blizzard isn't going to be the company that will make it.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I very much doubt it will be a sandbox (or hybrid)

Expect the ultimate pseudo lobby game themepark

I'm also expecting will have a real money auction house as the diablo 3 thing looked like a testing of the waters to me.

Likewise the pet battles and moba thing with wow.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I got a feeling it will be wow, except with a starcraft graphics.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Yamota
    ThemePark.

Real descriptive - more like what IP will they use.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

If you used google you would already know its a sci-fi mmo that has nothing in common with their existing ip's.

So all the wow 2.0 / starcraft mmo stuff can be deleted.

It will be a brand new IP in a sci-fi setting.

Eric nails it
    Pmiles

Or you reinvent the western
    Unforgiven
    Deadwood
    No country for old men
    Django unchained
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Mothanos

If you used google you would already know its a sci-fi mmo that has nothing in common with their existing ip's.

There is skimming Google, and really delving into Google - it may have been confirmed as a new IP, but there are major caveats to that -the screenies of sci-fi stuff are entirely unsubstantiated. There are credible(ish) rumours it is a spin off of a current Blizz IP as well. There is a statement is is both, near future, historical, and sci-fi/fantasy - all in the same sentence.

The bottom line is - it's all misleading, it's all up in the air and nobody 'knows' for sure except the Blizzard employees wrapped up in iron-clad NDAs.

So no - I don't 'know' anything, and neither, in truth, do you.

• aLlamaaLlama Member Posts: 5
    FPS MMORPG using the Transformers IP is my guess. You can transform into your own mount. 
  • DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

Where is "shite" in the poll? ;-)

Granted wow used to be good and probably is still good to new people, but the rep grind and heroics rubbish ruined it for me years ago. The community also kept it going for me, but thats disintigrated now and people who used to ahve lots of time now have jobs etc.

I'm hoping for something different, but I doubt it. It will be a standard theme park as that is what the majority of people want and play. Probably highly casual  as well.

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Diablo-themed MOBA.  Microtransaction supported.

You heard it here first.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

A few years from now, the director of Titan will state that despite years of development, the game just didnt feel right, and that they are scrapping it. :)

Flame on!

:)

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    Originally posted by Mothanos

There is skimming Google, and really delving into Google - it may have been confirmed as a new IP, but there are major caveats to that -the screenies of sci-fi stuff are entirely unsubstantiated. There are credible(ish) rumours it is a spin off of a current Blizz IP as well. There is a statement is is both, near future, historical, and sci-fi/fantasy - all in the same sentence.

The bottom line is - it's all misleading, it's all up in the air and nobody 'knows' for sure except the Blizzard employees wrapped up in iron-clad NDAs.

So no - I don't 'know' anything, and neither, in truth, do you.

He read it on the internet so it must be true. They can't put anything on the internet that's not true....

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    I suspect it will be non-fantasy.. so either zombie or sci-fi is my main pick..  I doubt it will be super hero.. However, in any case I think Blizzard is a little worried..  I don't see Titan being the big hit that many want to believe.. If Blizzard does the same thing as Trion, Bioware and othes have done, Titan will fail too..  Titan better be fairly large in size, or it will be a mad rush to level cap and cancel..  Time will tell..  I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet since Titan was let out of the bag years ago.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       Its gonna be the Twilight Saga MMO  :) 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

The information that people have been able to get so far indicates Titan is going to be a social/casual MMO, possibly browser based. Supposedly people have seen some art assets which includes present day stuff as well as some futuristic looking things. Titan will more than likely have product placement in it, just like movies do these days. Blizzard was at one point hiring for a position to act as a liaison between the game devs and companies looking to market stuff in their next gen MMO. 

Social/Casual/Mobile games have the biggest player base, with hundreds of millions of people playing them. MMO players are easy to monetize, and spend more money on gaming than any other gaming demographic. The holy grail for gaming coprporations is to have a casual/social/mobile MMO that potentially appeals to tens of millions of players, with all sorts of monetization schemes plus ad revenue in place to reap as much profit as possible. Whether this will work for Blizzard or not remains to be seen. 

• DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Post apocalypse most likely since it's going to be a brand new IP and they have fantasy and sci-fi covered so no Universe of Starcraft and sure it could have some horror elements but I think that it will be mostly a post apocalyptic themed game.
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I got a feeling it will be wow, except with a starcraft graphics.

I'm hoping for this to be honest.

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    I hope it has three factions, lot's of world PvP and territory control, and NO instanced PvP.