Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Desktop-Pc Help

WhitelynxWhitelynx Member UncommonPosts: 17

Hi everyone, :3

after 5 years with the same Pc i rly need a new one.

If its possible to build a system on a site there i dont need to set it myself together. (like on alternate).

Budget is 2000€-2200€.

I dont need a screen or other things, only the desktop-pc.

Hope u guys can help me ^^

Greetings from Germany :3

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

While there are premium system builders who will use nice parts and assemble a system for you, you should be aware that you could get the same thing by building your own for several hundred Euros cheaper.  Having one built for you still makes sense if you've got a lot of money but not so much free time, but you should be aware of the trade-off.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any such system builders in Germany.  What you should do is to find a German site that offers to build computers for you while letting you pick the exact parts.  Make sure the site lets you pick an exact power supply--meaning, the brand name and model, not just the nominal wattage.  While the power supply is hardly the only part, I've never seen a site that had a good selection of power supplies without also having a good selection of everything else that matters.

Once you find such a site (or a few of them), give a link here and I can pick out a build for you.

• WhitelynxWhitelynx Member UncommonPosts: 17
    hmm maybe u can build me a pc on a site u know, and i can rebuild it on a german site :3?
  • Derza10Derza10 Member Posts: 70
    Can you just give us a link to a german site you would use? Would be much easier, not all computer building companies have the same parts available...

Well neither of those sites build the computer for you, from what i could tell... You can just order parts from them and they will ship them all to you, then you will have to build the computer. If that is ok with you that is the cheapest and best way to get the parts you want. If you do not want to build the computer... you will have to give us a link to a german site that will build it.

To give you an idea of what one might look like here is a link to a USA company

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_Z77_Core_i5_Configurator

NOTE: I have not changed any of the spec on that computer and in no way recommend the computer in the link - it is just an example of a computer building company to give you an idea of what to look for in a german site.

for mindfactory the price is 99€ u can add that in the last part of the shopping. ^^

at alternate its standart and already in the price.

Ah ok, I didn't have much time to look at the site, nor do i have time now to put the parts together... Might be a few hours before i can give you anything. Hopefuly someone can help you before then.
    ok take ur time :3 thanx for the help ^^
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I will get back to you with a UK build, German prices should be simmilar with currency conversion. Usa parts tend to be cheaper, and nvidia compete with AMD on price.
    Ok for £1360 you can get this prebuilt pc, which looks pretty good for < €1700

http://www.cclonline.com/product/82549/NoMfgCode/All-CCL-Desktops/CCL-Elite-Eagle-II-Gaming-PC/CCL-EL-EAG2/

You can possibly build it cheaper yourself though, or upgrade to an i7 and still come in under your price range.

The thing to do probably is go with medium sized suppliers rather than large internationals or chain stores.
    Oh you could also go with a 7970ghz, have a slightly faster cpu and be cheaper also.

looks nice ^^

but if its possible the min amount from 2000€ should be reached :3

i know that alwayse paying more isnt the right thing, but i intend to stay with this new pc 3-5 years :3

i got another one here:

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/9d516b22025fb8bb41b401feccee6aaaeb11d3f53a1aef016c9

what do u guys think about this?

I tend to find going "one down" works out most cost effective long term. The highest level stuff has a price premium for those that must have the best.

E.g. high end i5 / mid to high i7 with 7950hd or 670gtx

Might last you one less year than a high end i7 with a 680gtx or 7970hd, but the cost of the extra year isn't worth it.

unless what you do requires the fastest pc possible, like with my work pc, but in that case you'd be upgrading every 2 years or so anyway.

Never heard of that PSU brand, and the CPU does not have copper tubing, so if you can get something like the Hyper 212 Evo you would be better off.

Other than that it looks like a very good build if you are keen on spending 2000. 

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I would drop down to the 680 for sure, 900 euros on a gpu is extreme, and a waste of money.

Personally i would say save the 500 euros and get a 680 or a 7970, add a bigger SSD 240g ( or over), get a better PSU, maybe a gold or plat certified. Those options are better than 900 euro on a gpu. If you just must spend 2k then apply the extra money from ditching the 690 somewhere else.

The 690 is the top of the line no doubt, but the 680 will  cost half of a 690. Trust me you are not getting a performance increase between the two to even remotely  justify the cost.

Unless he is playing on 3 monitors @ 5760x1080 or higher res :) but yes a 690 is way overkill for 1 monitor.
    Originally posted by Whitelynx

looks nice ^^

but if its possible the min amount from 2000€ should be reached :3

i know that alwayse paying more isnt the right thing, but i intend to stay with this new pc 3-5 years :3

i got another one here:

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/9d516b22025fb8bb41b401feccee6aaaeb11d3f53a1aef016c9

what do u guys think about this?

The power supply is likely to be all right, but you've got the budget for a high end power supply, so you might as well get one.  The Seasonic Platinum is the best on the market:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p821551_660-Watt-Seasonic-Platinum-660-Modular-80--Platin.html

It comes in other wattages, too.

I'd also go with a larger SSD, so that you don't have to prioritize so much what goes on the SSD and what gets relegated to the hard drive.  For example:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p816049_250GB-Samsung-840-Basic-Series-2-5Zoll--6-4cm--SATA-6Gb-s-TLC-Toggle--MZ-7TD250BW-.html

Or if you really want to go nuts on capacity:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p816050_500GB-Samsung-840-Basic-Series-2-5Zoll--6-4cm--SATA-6Gb-s-TLC-Toggle--MZ-7TD500BW-.html

The OCZ Vector and the Samsung 840 Pro are the top performing SSDs, but they cost maybe 50% more than that for the same capacity, and the performance difference really doesn't matter.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't get a GeForce GTX 690.  Dual GPU cards can be problematic, as it's trying to cram too much heat into too little space.  If you really, really want to go the SLI route, you can get about the same performance from two GeForce GTX 670s for a lot cheaper than a single GTX 690.  But I'd stick with a single card.

-----

If you're looking for more places to spend money, have you considered getting an uninterruptible power supply?  Actually, the prices for UPSes on MindFactory seem much higher than they are in the US, at least relative to other computer hardware.  I wonder if that's driven by the difference between 230 V (what Germany uses) and 120 V (what the US uses), or if it's regulation differences, or what.

Another option is buying more monitors.  You can spread a game window across three or five monitors or whatever for an enormous effective monitor resolution.

Also, getting 2133 MHz memory is pretty much a waste.  The performance difference for anything over about 1600 MHz will amount to a rounding error.

16 GB of system memory is overkill for most people, but you could justify it on the basis that it's cheap.  But if you're going to get 16 GB, I'd get two 8 GB modules rather than four 4 GB modules.  That puts less stress on the memory controller (it's far from certain that you'd be able to clock four modules at 2133 MHz anyway), and leaves room for future expansion on the off chance that you decide you need more in the future.