Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I sadly won copy of MoP on MMORPG

2»

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Were the shipping restrictions mentioned on the contest page?  Just curious.

No. It was linked in the OP.

MMORPG.com has partnered with Blizzard Entertainment to give away six copies of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria along with three SIGNED copies of the expansion's Collector's Edition!

Entering the contest is simple. All you need to do is tell us (and/or show us!)  your favorite moment from World of Warcraft. That one moment or accomplishment that just made you go, "Wow!" (Pun intended!)

You can enter in a number of different ways, too!

Simply post your comment (along with a screenshot if you have one) in the comments below.

OR

Follow us and Tweet us your entry at @MMORPGcom and use the hashtag #WoWWoWedMe (ex. #WoWWoWedMe when...). Twitter winners will be contacted via direct message, so don't forget to follow us so we can get in touch with you!

OR

Like our Facebook page and respond to this post with your entry!

We'll pick a grand prize winner and two runners-up from each method of entry. Feel free to enter in all three, but your entries must be different! No additional weight will be given to duplicate entries and you'll only be able to win one prize.

Prizes:

• Grand Prize: One (1) signed Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    • Runners-Up: One (1) standard edition of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Entries will be accepted between now and Wednesday, December 26. We'll announce our winners on Friday, December, 28.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Originally posted by Raven322

I can't help but feel that this is my fault.

I'm using ad-blocking software and the revenue I would have generated probably would have covered your shipping. So really, this isn't MMORPG's fault, this is all our faults for greedily wishing to not be spammed by advertising.

I use adblocker too, but I made an exception for mmorpg.com.  The ads just aren't that bad on this site.  I don't mind the game ads anyways, and I also like to support certain website in any small way I can.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Paske

I won a copy of standard MoP.

Today I received this message from MMORPG staff:

"Hi there!

Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to honor your prize due to associated shipping costs. Please accept our apologies!

Regards,

Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com
    http://www.mmorpg.com/
    [email protected]"

maybe they can open the box and email you the game key?

This seems to be the most logical and easiest solution

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Raven322

I can't help but feel that this is my fault.

I'm using ad-blocking software and the revenue I would have generated probably would have covered your shipping. So really, this isn't MMORPG's fault, this is all our faults for greedily wishing to not be spammed by advertising.

I even click on some of the boo...I mean ads...so dont go blaming me.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

So did all of the first price winners just happen to be in the US... .. .

If not i feel sorry that winner.

This have been a good conversation

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by BrokenSpoon

I guess there is something you can do!! 

Talk with MMORPG directly in regards to having serial codes transferred. This way you should be able to attach it to your battle.net and thus not miss out on your game.. I know the novelty of not having the box will be slightly revoked. But MMORPG should honour your prize!

Let’s hope you get your prize!

This ^ ^

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

hmmm apparently it's expensive to ship to croatia.

I'm looking at costs from about 150 us dollars. And that's for a regular FedEx envelope.

However, if they send it US mail and claim it as documents it can be as little as 10.35 (guestimate on the Croatian city of Bada (?)) though there might not be a way of tracking it.

Tell them to send it:First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope (1 pounds 0 ounces), take it out of the box. This is if you want what's inside.

Otherwise they can just give you the key as was suggested.

Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
    Max. length 15", height 12" or thickness 3/4"
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Wow. I can't believe that. I'm really shocked that they didn't even offer you the digital copy....or at least offer to open the boxed game and email you the cd key.

If I was in charge, I would remove whoever made this decision. It was a very poor choice and shows that he or she could give two craps about their users.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

It's the thought that counts!

Cherish the fact that you finally won something here!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Digital copy?
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Again, we apologize for the oversight on our part. If you'd like us to crack open the box and provide you with the key, this is certainly a possibility. Get in touch with me at mikeb AT mmorpg DOT com. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.