Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] Neverwinter: Blackdagger Ruins & Vellosk Exclusive Screens

Comments

• kage71kage71 Member UncommonPosts: 123

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Czanrei

Looks like the typical CS garbage they like to push on gamers. The textures are low rez, the animations are clunky as hell, and the shading/lighting looks like something from EQ1. 

Which overall fits in perfectly with PI's usual standard of games. Trash

totally agree. i have no clue where people's praise for this game is coming from.. i think its just desperation admist a genre that is constantly floundering. people cling to the hope that a new MMO will arrive to cure their boredom.

But seriously.. so far, Neverwinter looks completely amateurish and mediocre, like something a couple college kids cobbled together for a project

• k44mosk44mos Member Posts: 22

@ElectricWizard - get a couple of college kids, do that and we will give you tons of money.

LoL. So much unwanted hate.

• JaredKFanJaredKFan Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    This is the game I'm most looking forward to that is slated to be released in 2013.

I am intrigued by this game as well.  

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

This is a win win for Cryptic.

Players pay money to the company so that they can create their own content, lol.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Another year, another hype article; do not preorder, wait for those reviews.
  • BloodyVikingBloodyViking Member UncommonPosts: 132

This game looks like rubbish to be honest. I fully expect the Foundry to be a hollow fortress of nothing. There are simply too many checks and balances if character progress and economy is to have any meaning. So there either has to be severe restricitons or no meaningful character progression. The road inbetween is extremely hard to balance.

If it turns out to be a shockingly great game, great stuff! But I'm not holding my breath. Having seen what bit money studios has put out in terms of MMO's the last years I have lost all confidence in any studio delivering a new great MMO.

From earlier demos of this game they showed a very console looking dumbed down combat. And in terms of classes they come up with names like "Control Wizard"? Completely moronic. Being a long time player of Dungeons & Dragons Online, that game actually lets you create your own D&D character in detail and in any combination possible within the normal rules. And it even has an incredibly well made combat system that is very action oriented. I dont see the Neverwinter videos display anything even close to what DDO already has and has had for what...7 years now?

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by Czanrei

Looks like the typical CS garbage they like to push on gamers. The textures are low rez, the animations are clunky as hell, and the shading/lighting looks like something from EQ1. 

Which overall fits in perfectly with PI's usual standard of games. Trash

You read my mind..tempted to do a /thread here but that would be premature, let's wait and see what this forge can do first.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• seawolvzseawolvz Member UncommonPosts: 2

For a minute I thought I was watching a D&D Online expansion...

If PWE has their way this will be a F2P game 5 days after launch...

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    This looks well I do not want to be unkind but it looks rather underwhelming.
    Chamber of Chains
  • kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49

OMG the narrator needs to be shot than fired !

it's like reading from a book in school, so freaking boring.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by seawolvz

For a minute I thought I was watching a D&D Online expansion...

If PWE has their way this will be a F2P game 5 days after launch...

It's F2P from the very beginning :)

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Same crappy graphics and animations you'll find in CO and STO. In fact this vid looks worse then the one produced for those. It's Cryptic, expect advertising to tout a very mediocre customization in the first lines , then a limited access foundry. This game will be no where near NwN in modding.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk
    Same crappy graphics and animations you'll find in CO and STO. In fact this vid looks worse then the one produced for those. It's Cryptic, expect advertising to tout a very mediocre customization in the first lines , then a limited access foundry. This game will be no where near NwN in modding.

The foundry is limited compared to prior versions of this game.  Besides that you will have to pay to use it after your first few tries.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Looking forward to playing this. The action oriented combat appears to be fun. However, I fear the revenue model. My understanding with PW games is that players have to spend an average of $40/month in order to be competitive. I guess just wait and see at this point. 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • ThaVampThaVamp Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Sleeper hit of 2013.  Can not wait for this game, it's gonna rock.

You do know this game is being done by Cryptic don't you?  Their track record is definitely not very good with their previous games.  Could be they have changed their ways and are making a half decent game, but the old saying goes a leopard can't change it's spots.  I think I will take a wait and see what they come up with before getting excited about it.  Far better to not get your hopes up and be surprised than getting them dashed.

In Holland we have a saying: 'een ezel stoot zich niet twee maal aan de zelfde steen', which translates as: a donkey never hits the same stond twice.

In case of Cryptic it's maybe never hits the same stone for the 3rd time, but still, I have good hope they will better their ways and make this make really d&d trueworthy.

After all, there's also the saying: 3 maal is scheepsrecht and since this is the 3 game after their big hit COX.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Can't wait.. STO has become much better since PWE bought crytic out and theref2p model isn't bad either..
  • DancingQueenDancingQueen Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

I think that the graphics looks similar to D&D Online and that game is very old now.

• cideouscideous Member Posts: 4
    Really looking forward to this one. The foundry I believe will be the best part of the game.
  • MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331
    It will be interesting to beta test, glad I bought Torchlight 2 when they offered free entry into Beta! :D
  • DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117

Where and where?

Meh.  Let me know when a non-instanced Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, Westgate, Arabel, Mithril Hall, and Calimport are done, to say nothing of the east.  (Neverwinter is assumed, so I don't list it.)

I very much doubt this will be the game I'm looking for, and it had damn well better not be DDO in Forgotten Realms.  I'd trust Turbine with that before Cryptic, and I actually like Cryptic.

• I have been following the game in the periphery for a while as I am an old school dnd guy, but it does not look to good to me.  I'm not completely writing it off, if I do give it a shot its just because of my nostalgia for dungeons and dragons.  I also tried dnd online when it came out and that game sucked, waited for that game for like a year :(
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I'm interested in the game. Ill give it at much, However "perfect World" being connected to it kinda gives me abit of a push. Ill still give it a shot though.... Probubly.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• JumdorJumdor Member Posts: 62

For the video I liked the lady's voice. The actual footage looks like same stuff different day. 

I will be willing to check out their character creation options. That is probably the extent of where my time in game will be spent. I understand funding probably has dropped off since being announced, but should we really see that big of a drop from the announcment trailer with the original deep colors and detail? I understand everything is in a different light but gimme a break.

Pirates WOW. Couldn't have seen that one coming from like when the first rumors of the game surfaced. Oh and giant sized? Pffft pulling out all the originality for it aren't we. Cause everyone knows a character can't be a true badass unless he's the size of a mountain. Like the scale of a character determines how awesome the fight will be.   -_-

I've been playing games for a long time since Jump Man on my father's computer back in 1986. Sarcasm aside in all honesty I don't expect anything different and that's the sad part. I expect nothing different than the current state of play or style. I guess like fashion all we're ever going to get is rehashed unoriginal concepts to put on like they are the newest thing. 

Seven hour download. fifteen to thirty minutes of interest and play. Then guess what. Uninstallation. I'm not dissapointed I'm really not. I expect nothing better. I'm still waiting to be surprised.

"Love can be innocent and can be sweet, but sometimes about as nice as rotting meat."

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    This is the game I'm most looking forward to that is slated to be released in 2013.

Same.