Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu looks so crappy

Comments

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210
    The game actually is great. You cant just smash a few buttons and claim a win. I am having a blast running/riding everywhere to gather mats for cooking. But then I like crafting as well as smacking the bad guys.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    [mod edit]

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533
    Originally posted by apb2011

Maybe the game mechanics are good or great. But the way it looks, upon logging in for the first time...wow what is this 2004??

Well then its time to upgrade your PC then ain't it ? 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    That youtube video with the guy experimenting with the settings shows amazing graphics on high settings. How can anyone say this game looks crappy ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Originally posted by lalartu

Graphics aside, I found age of Wushu too contrived and not that entertaining.

It has really good concepts - eve like skill progression, lots of talents and schools to choose from, interesting pvp additions, but the actual gameplay, the fights, the auto path finding option, the constant gifts for staying logged in and other PWI like oddities made me want to quit after a while, simply because it didn't feel like a brutal PVP game like Eve, it felt like another Chinese p2w grinder (with grind being staying online if you're on a free account)

It would have been a lot better if they removed all these little icons from the UI and simplified a few things as well.

Exactly my thoughts, after 3 hours of play.

• spladianspladian Member UncommonPosts: 20

The players that are used to hand-holding, or immediate entitlement need not apply. Almost all the criticisms in this forum could have been solved if the OPs spent 5 minutes in settings and adjusted accordingly.

As far as bland game-play.. most games give you very few skills when you enter the game. How is this any different? Considering you can have 7-8 skills per weapon style, 3 weapon styles available to your class, and the ability to learn any other classes weapon style .. not sure what some of the naysayers are smoking...

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by spladian

The players that are used to hand-holding, or immediate entitlement need not apply. Almost all the criticisms in this forum could have been solved if the OPs spent 5 minutes in settings and adjusted accordingly.

As far as bland game-play.. most games give you very few skills when you enter the game. How is this any different? Considering you can have 7-8 skills per weapon style, 3 weapon styles available to your class, and the ability to learn any other classes weapon style .. not sure what some of the naysayers are smoking...

Well you forget the basic rules of mmorpg trolldom:

1) if I don't like it, it's shit, the worst shit ever made

2) If I don't understand it it's because the game is crap, not because I am lazy and not very smart

3) If you don't agree with me you are a fanboi

That covers 80% of the traffic on this website....

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by spladian

Well you forget the basic rules of mmorpg trolldom:

1) if I don't like it, it's shit, the worst shit ever made

2) If I don't understand it it's because the game is crap, not because I am lazy and not very smart

3) If you don't agree with me you are a fanboi

That covers 80% of the traffic on this website....

So true, have to give a plus. +1

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Originally posted by cheyane
    That youtube video with the guy experimenting with the settings shows amazing graphics on high settings. How can anyone say this game looks crappy ?

Because they have a shitty computer.

• esynthaesyntha Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by pauly6478

Gameplay, content > graphics 

/end thread

The problem is that its Gameplay and content are WORSE then its graphics. Its fighting system is TERRIBLE . Its a copy paste world of warcraft combat system with auto targeting taken out. From what the game was advertised I was expecting a combat system almost like Overgrowth, free flowing where skill outweighed level grinding. I was expecting a true Martial arts game not this martial arts flavored grind fest. 

Anyone Play Jade Empire? The gameplay in that game FAR outdoes this game. I personally can not stand these kind of "tap 1 through 8 till its dead" borefest skill lacking games.  I am only angry at this game for getting my hopes up and being terrible. 

Originally posted by esyntha

/end thread

The problem is that its Gameplay and content are WORSE then its graphics. Its fighting system is TERRIBLE . Its a copy paste world of warcraft combat system with auto targeting taken out. From what the game was advertised I was expecting a combat system almost like Overgrowth, free flowing where skill outweighed level grinding. I was expecting a true Martial arts game not this martial arts flavored grind fest. 

Anyone Play Jade Empire? The gameplay in that game FAR outdoes this game. I personally can not stand these kind of "tap 1 through 8 till its dead" borefest skill lacking games.  I am only angry at this game for getting my hopes up and being terrible. 

Okay, i guess that's you done with the game now you've made your feelings clear. We who like this game can stay in these forums enjoying the threads and experiance of like minded followers.

It's a free forum and your opinion but i guess after your above comment you've said all you need to say really.

To bad you don't like it but that's okay.

Hope you find the mmo you are looking for.

Bye.image

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

/end thread

Hmmm combat doesn't work like you describe, how long did you play?

• care000care000 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

After playing 2 weeks in Age of Wushu I find this game one of the most beautiful and graphically advanced MMORPGs on market. Better then Guild Wars 2, better then Archeage. Better then Age of Conan. Only TSW and TERA visuals rank higher in my list.

AoW world builders should be rewarded with some prestigious awards.

The graphics are average at best, definetely not better then age of conan lol, dont know how you can even say that without being high or something. Played the game for a week or so, all on max settings, so i know what i`m talking about. The more appropriate response would be that the world is one of the most beautifully crafted worlds out there, that is what gives the feeling of belonging to it.

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

There is so much misinformation and trolling in this thread (and this entire forum) it almost makes me gag.

I have a few complaints with the game as well, but im sorry, graphics are stunning in this game and run maxed out at 50 fps. The engine is extremely well done.

Threads like this, which are completely false, should be deleted. Its kinda pathetic.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I tried to get into it, what people described sounded so good. I played it and the second I got in I noticed it did look a little dated, but usually I can give a pass on graphics. So continuing in I noticed it felt so generic. Not because of the graphics, just how it played. The combat was somewhat cool the blocking with the right mouse and having skills to break certain things. Auto running to NPC's is a joke and I have hated that in every game that has had it. But even with the cool combat it still managed to feel so damn generic. I thought that maybe it was just the beginning but it never grew on me. Oh well I hope it succeeds, people seem to like it  a lot.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Caskio

And that's why Minecraft is so popular, the graphics.

AoW's graphics are fine.  I think it is a very pretty game.  Graphics are a trade off if you want more gameplay.

That really isn't true at all.  You can have both, it just raises the system requirements and required dev skills.  Has nothing to do with some design decision to choose gameplay rather than graphics.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by tristanryan

Threads like this, which are completely false, should be deleted. Its kinda pathetic.

Wrong forum i'm afraid. If it would of been that other forum of that mmo that get's a write up everyday, even twice day by these mods it would of been closed four pages ago.

Originally posted by asmkm22

AoW's graphics are fine.  I think it is a very pretty game.  Graphics are a trade off if you want more gameplay.

That really isn't true at all.  You can have both, it just raises the system requirements and required dev skills.  Has nothing to do with some design decision to choose gameplay rather than graphics.

It does have both.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I tried to get into it, what people described sounded so good. I played it and the second I got in I noticed it did look a little dated, but usually I can give a pass on graphics. So continuing in I noticed it felt so generic. Not because of the graphics, just how it played. The combat was somewhat cool the blocking with the right mouse and having skills to break certain things. Auto running to NPC's is a joke and I have hated that in every game that has had it. But even with the cool combat it still managed to feel so damn generic. I thought that maybe it was just the beginning but it never grew on me. Oh well I hope it succeeds, people seem to like it  a lot.

This game is far from generic. However, you'll need to spend some time with it before you experience its unique features. Far too many people seem to log on, complain about "dated" graphics (which is bizarre imho since the game is beautiful and very well optimized), run around trying to fight some stuff, get confused and bored when the game doesn't hold their hand, and then log off after an hour or so. 

I agree that autorunning sucks in a way, but it's also pretty convenient in a world with 40 000 NPCs.

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I have to agree with the OP, grafics are terrible. Can't play a game in 2013 with such graphics sorry
  • ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Originally posted by oreal52
    I have to agree with the OP, grafics are terrible. Can't play a game in 2013 with such graphics sorry

I am sorry but are you serious? or just feeding the troll?

• spladianspladian Member UncommonPosts: 20

So, here's the thing about the graphics. Some games model 1 house so perfectly that you're in awe. But then they take that one house and make every house on the block look like it. Same with trees, and other art assests.

Get in an official stage-coach and take a ride across the map. look out at what you see.  I think you might be surprised at how good this game really is graphics wise.

P.s. I started off in Jiming Posthouse. I thought the graphics were kind of blah. Some zones are like that. Others, are spectacular.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

But here is the problem, where minecraft has alterable graphics (Texture packs) it atleast has compelling and indepth gameplay. I spent about 10 hours in age of wushu. The graphics were just about EQ1 well below EQ2, the game play was a mixture of World of warcraft meets Tera where it took the worst of both and slammed them together in a fireball. The "Flying" in the game was terrible with most of the jump abillities being unintuitive and not usefull, See that building over there? want to run up its wall and jump on its roof using your wall run abillity? Make a gamble with the jump gods cause there is a 75% chance that the invisible walls will knock you off or the jump will not execute.

The gameplay has fake depth, yes it offers many many styles that seem really cool but they all require EVE reminiscent  time periods to unlock and use, even then they are mostly just new look but not really different. It all feels like perfect world to me witch is a HORRIBLE feeling.

Oh and I paid money for Age of Wushu. I was super hyped and really really wanted to play it. Having played it, it destroyed my "omg new game" glasses and left only a lonely sadness.

Friends dont Friends try niche indie games.

Go Triple-A or go home.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• SeandumasSeandumas Member UncommonPosts: 11

But since so many people are still using winows XP, it is kind of hard to need to push for graphics.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Windows+XP+End+of+Life

Please for gods sake do not tell me you are still using Windows XP. You have much bigger problems than trying to get better graphics in an MMO.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I'm so tired of people saying this.  I guess if you say it enough people take it as fact.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

This discussion has been closed.