Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane came out in 2003

UdoDUdoD Member UncommonPosts: 17
And we can't get anything since then?

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Maybe because Shadowbane wasn't a success. Their initial idea didn't work so they had to change it to a F2P title and also wipe the servers once in a while, to fix fundamental problems with the mechanics.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

In the way of a sequel, you mean?

I love the Shadowbane setting, but UbiSoft owns it all, and I fully expect they'll just sit on it.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I really enjoyed Shadowbane...for about 3 months.  That was until exploiters took over.  At that point the game was essentially dead to me.

Much like Darkfall 1.  The problem with these sandboxes is that they are so competitive they are essentially magnets for exploiters and they breed this win at all cost mentality which leads to dupes/hacks/macroing and all sorts of other problems.  If I remember right, Shadowbane had a number of issues with exploits, specifically in regards to gold dupeing.

Sure the mechanics were a lot of fun (although I'm skeptical it would do well in todays market), but it was not without some serious issues.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Saerain

In the way of a sequel, you mean?

I love the Shadowbane setting, but UbiSoft owns it all, and I fully expect they'll just sit on it.

I think UbiSoft sold it to some Chinese company.