Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found my pvp fix (natural selection 2)

awiaawia Member Posts: 96

Guild wars 2 pvp let me down, I don't have time to dedicate 40+ mins mandatory time to play HoN//Dota/LoL, frankly was getting time of the MMO stylings of those games. SC2 damn near ruin my day and gave me heart attacks knowing someone just completely beat my all (but maaan was it sweet when I win).

I then found Natural Selection 2, a FPS/RTS hybrid. Basically think of this as Terran vs Zerg FPS with one person on each team playing as the commander/hivemind that handles building structures and handling upgrades. Players have their own resources so they can upgrade to a different class but its the commander's job to unlock the ability to change into the class. Marines play like Counterstrike, the aliens play like aliens in alien vs predator, yes you can go on ceilings to wait for unsuspecting marines, aliens can even stealth. Two totally assymetrical sides that end up quite balanced imo.

was 15$ when i bought it (yesterday) with mod support, there are about 10 modded maps in the game now.

The community is good, the team is constantly talking to eachother trying to win, the atmosphere of this game is pretty good (wish they went more of a horror route)

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Thats cool, I've been curious about this game though I can't say FPS is really my styyle but the mutant reptile things kinda intrigue me.  Did you know it was on sale on Steam too?  I think if they reduce its price again before the sale ends I might actually grab it.

imageimage

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Sounds cool, I may have to try it.  Currently I'm stuck on Forge at the moment for my PvP itch.
  • awiaawia Member Posts: 96
    ya i got it on steam, it is still on sale
    Originally posted by awia

Actually its not, its at 40%, yesterday I think it was 75% or something.  It might get repeated on a flash sale or another daily.

imageimage

• awiaawia Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Urvan

Actually its not, its at 40%, yesterday I think it was 75% or something.  It might get repeated on a flash sale or another daily.

40% is considered a sale to me :)

Originally posted by Urvan

40% is considered a sale to me :)

I prefer it cheaper :-P

imageimage

• JefffeyJefffey Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Yeah, this game is amazing. There are a couple issues, but I've put far too much time into this game since it launched two months ago.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I still enjoy GW2 PvP and PvE, but NS2 is a nice game for a completely different experience. Nice RTS/FPS blended game that's a lot of fun. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    So it's like Savage/ Savage 2 or Nuclear Dawn?
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    I noticed allot of trash talk if you are a noob.  Anyone experience this?  Maybe I just suk at this game.   LOL