Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's My MMO?

dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
I'm looking for a fantasy MMO. A new one.
My criteria is that it is visually impressive, the world is seamless, there are mounts, and most importantly that there is true world PvP. And not this f***in WvW bullshit which is basically just a very large BG but I'm talking about PvP in the open world. WoW was like this in the beginning. But its old now in every way.

The Secret World had my hopes up but it ended up not having owpvp. Neverwinter looks like the most promising that I've seen, however, I have a feeling its going to disappoint in the structure of its PvP...:( and I don't know of any other upcoming MMOs like the one I've described and World of Darkness is so far away. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Comments

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

"No soup for you!"

"Come back one year."

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by dyermaker714
    I'm looking for a fantasy MMO. A new one. My criteria is that it is visually impressive, the world is seamless, there are mounts, and most importantly that there is true world PvP. And not this f***in WvW bullshit which is basically just a very large BG but I'm talking about PvP in the open world. WoW was like this in the beginning. But its old now in every way. The Secret World had my hopes up but it ended up not having owpvp. Neverwinter looks like the most promising that I've seen, however, I have a feeling its going to disappoint in the structure of its PvP...:( and I don't know of any other upcoming MMOs like the one I've described and World of Darkness is so far away. Can anyone point me in the right direction

TERA, or Archeage if you can get a KSSN.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    How's the non-instanced PvP in Tera?
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by dyermaker714
    How's the non-instanced PvP in Tera?

Pretty much what you'd expect.

Lots of ganking, spawn / quest camping. Guild trains. Some areas have more PvP than others though.