Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

just WOW. This game has changed. I encourage those who haven't to give it another go.

13»

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by IIIcurrier
    Originally posted by Nightverge

So I played this game in beta and I really liked it. I didn't get extremely far and left it a little while afterwards as I got kind of bored.

I recently went back to give it another go and the servers are all populated extremely well. Sith and republic sides are actually pretty even. Ship combat has improved and the game looks phenomenal. I thought GW2 would be my game of choice but it failed to capture me.

I found myself coming back to SWTOR and am extremely happy with my purchase. I recommend everyone let go of what they think to be true and give it another go.

Also all of the reports about doom and gloom are unfounded. An article was just released that there are still 1.3 million players playing the game. they only suffered a 400k loss (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/07/swtor-subscriber-base-shrinks) from 1.7 to 1.3 million. Which makes it the second largest sub game out currently (to WoW of course).

An expansion is also planned to be released shortly.

See you guys in game!

Player base has nothing to do with state of the game, reason mmorpgs have been a in rut for so many years is because a majority of the " player base " is noobs who enjoy this sort of lame mmo.

Definitely a friendly strategy you've got there. Any game you're not playing and it's lame then? And anyone who's playing them are noobs?.....right okaaay.

• IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

So I played this game in beta and I really liked it. I didn't get extremely far and left it a little while afterwards as I got kind of bored.

I recently went back to give it another go and the servers are all populated extremely well. Sith and republic sides are actually pretty even. Ship combat has improved and the game looks phenomenal. I thought GW2 would be my game of choice but it failed to capture me.

I found myself coming back to SWTOR and am extremely happy with my purchase. I recommend everyone let go of what they think to be true and give it another go.

Also all of the reports about doom and gloom are unfounded. An article was just released that there are still 1.3 million players playing the game. they only suffered a 400k loss (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/07/swtor-subscriber-base-shrinks) from 1.7 to 1.3 million. Which makes it the second largest sub game out currently (to WoW of course).

See you guys in game!

Player base has nothing to do with state of the game, reason mmorpgs have been a in rut for so many years is because a majority of the " player base " is noobs who enjoy this sort of lame mmo.

Definitely a friendly strategy you've got there. Any game you're not playing and it's lame then? And anyone who's playing them are noobs?.....right okaaay.

No, I am saying that the reason companies keep producing crap themepark games is that most consumers enjoy them, plain and simple.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by NorseGod

Is this a necro thread or a troll thread?

The article was just released?

1.3 million subs?

Come on OP, you can't post a thread like this on a site like this.

In fact, the subs were so low, the EA CEO hang up on the investors call when he was challenged on his "SWTOR has less than 1 million subs but over 500K." Everybody on this site knows that SWTOR needed 500K subs to stay afloat. They didn't and went F2P. They closed over 100 servers. And on and on...

THAT is what happened since the article was published.

it went F2P because they thought it was just a better business model, not because they felt they had to. Also there was a post above that noted it has having more than 500,000 which is more than enough for me. It has an expansion coming out for gods sake. Dying games do not release expansions. It has a small but nice population. Its not a troll thread I just don't see the game dying like others seem to claim. It looks fine and healthy to me. 

Riiiiight. You're not fooling anyone. If it was a better business model, then why is WoW sub based?

So now the game has over 500K subs? You were just defending that it had 1.3M. Make up your mind. If they have that number still, then why say we have over 500K? Everyone knows that they are lying. And they have never brought up numbers again since they hang up on the investors call.

Tell me, can you list all the official features of this "expansion"? (DLC patch)

1 planet (size unknown)

5 levels (you hit 50 on Voss, which is the third to last planet for vanilla).

1 or 2 NPCs will ask if you want to do LGBT things together on Makeb.

...You finish the rest, because that's all I've seen.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Not a lot of CCs anymore in pvp? I want to hear more about this, last time i pvped in that game it was full of cc perma death and a billion sith assasins.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

See you guys in game!

Don't take what many are saying in this thread to heart. Most of it stems from the fact that the OP's post comes off as a shill and the fact that the information that "Just came out" was from a good bit back and is no longer even remotely relevant. 

Thr OP ignoring those pointing this out and challenging any newer information with the same link full of out dated information tends to get under other peoples skins. 

This discussion has been closed.