Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] Neverwinter: Blackdagger Ruins & Vellosk Exclusive Screens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com has joined with Perfect World Entertainment to bring readers eager to learn more about Cryptic's Neverwinter a new look at the Blackdagger Ruins and its main boss, Traven Blackdagger, as well as the Vellosk zone and the werewolves that live there. We've got a ton of exclusive screens to share so head through the jump, then let us know what you think in the comments.

Check out Neverwinter: Blackdagger Ruins & Vellosk Exclusive Screens

The undead rise to fight and protect Traven and Malus Blackdagger at all cost.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DerimosDerimos Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Looking good.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    This is the game I'm most looking forward to that is slated to be released in 2013.
  • health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    5 more days to find out when beta starts !!
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Looking better and better. The only game I am impatiently waiting for in 2013
  • Pr0nPr0n Member UncommonPosts: 17
    why did Blackdagger ruin the exclusive screens?
  • ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Pr0n
    why did Blackdagger ruin the exclusive screens?

Does he work at mmorpg.com?  Maybe he just doesn't like PW, or as revenge for the blatant RaiderZ advertising piece.

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

gotta love how you guys actually creare a newspost to present another newspost.

does the word "redundance" mean anything to you? ^^

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RattsRatts Member Posts: 48

"Adventurers should take caution while exploring the treacherous Gray Wolf Den as werewolves strike with veracity."

Werewolves strike with an habitual observance of truth?  I would have expected voracity, but I guess an abundance of candor will make for a new experience.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Sleeper hit of 2013.  Can not wait for this game, it's gonna rock.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by sbanes

"Adventurers should take caution while exploring the treacherous Gray Wolf Den as werewolves strike with veracity."

Werewolves strike with an habitual observance of truth?  I would have expected voracity, but I guess an abundance of candor will make for a new experience.

Where is this being developed?  All of the captions read like a bad translation. 

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41
    I have been watching this game for a long while now and it's flying under the radar from most of the community. When it hits though, I can see this game exploding into something awesome! Also, I love the new screens! It makes me want to play so much more!

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    When this game hits, people will be complaining, its PWE publishing the game,
  • Ork-n-BeanzOrk-n-Beanz Member Posts: 20

Well, I don't know who this "Blackdagger" guy is, but ruining the exclusive screencaps was kind of a jerk move.

Anyway, with the slew of DnD games that I'd like to see made, this is one I hope does really well. Neverwinter Nights was my DnD fix for years, so I hope this lives up to the legacy that the Neverwinter IP can bring to the table. With games development going the way it has in recent years, I'm really hoping that someone, anyone, brings new blood and new methods into the industry.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by azzamasin

You do know this game is being done by Cryptic don't you?  Their track record is definitely not very good with their previous games.  Could be they have changed their ways and are making a half decent game, but the old saying goes a leopard can't change it's spots.  I think I will take a wait and see what they come up with before getting excited about it.  Far better to not get your hopes up and be surprised than getting them dashed.

• DilligDillig Member UncommonPosts: 123
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by azzamasin

You do know this game is being done by Cryptic don't you?  Their track record is definitely not very good with their previous games.  Could be they have changed their ways and are making a half decent game, but the old saying goes a leopard can't change it's spots.  I think I will take a wait and see what they come up with before getting excited about it.  Far better to not get your hopes up and be surprised than getting them dashed.

You are right about cryptic. It is the only reason I am keeping my hype down and am in wait and see mode.

I think if they can deliver on the players being able to create content this will the best game cryptic has come out with tho.

• reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Yeah, I've been playing it close to the cuff because of Cryptic as well, but I have to say the Forge system excites me to no end... I really hope it ends up being the game to end all games.  This and TESO are the must-watch releases of 13 for me.
  • poliboypoliboy Member Posts: 39

I Lost hope on MMOS after GW2 failed to my standars.

But i have to admit this is lloking good. I really like the lores.

The gameplay looks good aswell.

Cant wait to see some beta footage soon.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Yeah, looks like Cryptic.

lol.

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227
    Originally posted by redcapp

Yeah, looks like Cryptic.

lol.

Yea, I could look at 10 different screens from ten different games from a hundred yards out and point out cryptic everytime..

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Looks like the typical CS garbage they like to push on gamers. The textures are low rez, the animations are clunky as hell, and the shading/lighting looks like something from EQ1. 

Which overall fits in perfectly with PI's usual standard of games. Trash

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

It looks good so far. I for one would like to know how they will handle progression, if they are strict about the spells or how they function in the magic users and the clerics classes and if they plan on expanding upon these classes with a more specialized system like what they have in the rulebooks.

I've seen videos of how the foundry works and I gotta say it's lightyears beyond any other foundry system out there. It's awesome.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Heard all this hype before with STO..  I'll just wait and see, but my gut tells me it will be another lobby based instance grind.. Line up..
  • DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    Definitely starting to catch my eye!
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by sbanes

I literally almost peed on myself because i was laughing so hard at this.  Thanks for making my day man, i needed that :-)

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Definitely gonna buy a life time subscription after learning out that Cryptic made this game, just like I did to Star trak online...oh wait...