Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Servers Under Attack

2»

Comments

• MasterKush818MasterKush818 Member Posts: 26

why no one did this before it beyond me....there are so many game companies that deserve this....hit up MIRC and make it happen motherfuckers.

so whos next ? i say the age of wushu franchise. u know the cash shop game that is in beta...has 5 different copies of itself throught the world....fire the cannons.

but when you look at it how many companies deserve this and how many has it happened to....sounds like a false flag to me hey who says nothing is made in america anymore!?!?1

• XhieronXhieron Member UncommonPosts: 132

Am I supportive of attacking people's server infrastructure?  No.  I'm not, no matter who you're talking about (unless maybe it's a hate group or something--but we're talking broad strokes here).  That kind of thing is not something I support, endorse, encourage, or want to see happen, and if you've ever been on the receiving end of a DDOS (I have, as a user of a small system, not on the technical end), for example, you can appreciate the inconvenience and frustration.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grinning over here.  Right or wrong, it's amusing as hell, and even though I can't condone the behavior of the people responsible, it's really hard not to see the corresponding Schadenfreude as genuinely karmic.

Peace and safety.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Cheering on hackers is like cheering on smugglers, drug lords and other criminals.
    no people just lack the knowledge to strike back....whos side are you on anyway...remember you dont have forever to choose ;)
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    DayZ fans should be aware that actions create reactions...

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

Hammerpoint needs to go out and be annhiliated. They are the epitome of SCUM in the industry. All those that are under Sergey and work for him deserve it as well.

Destroy ScammerPoint Studios.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Given this company's business ethics, I would not be surprised if they were doing this to themselves in order to stir up community support.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by crysent
    Originally posted by SBFord
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    This is just kicking someone that is already down.  Regardless of how you feel about this game, this action on them is wrong.  Sure laugh now...until it happens to a game you like and want to play.

This is pretty much how I feel. Regardless of whether or not the game was ready for release or if the developers are under fire for ostensibly "misadvertising" their game, NO ONE should wish server attacks like this. Just my personal opinion.

Suzie you understate the sort of stunt they pulled.  "Misadvertising" their game is being far too generous, and since they have essentially admitted to doing such there is no need to put it in quotes.  You can say it as it is - They DID misadvertise their game.

Regardless of the crap the studio pulled, this type of an attack should not be supported in general terms. There are always consequences for any criminal action. People keep doing this kind of crap and we will see more SOPA type bills trying to be passed in various governments around the world.

The best way to "voice" your opinion towards companies is to vote with your wallet.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    DayZ fans should be aware that actions create reactions...

Oh yes, because this could only be DayZ fans. There certainly aren't any disgruntled players out their that were done dirty by The War Z devs that feel that actions create reactions... 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Kaneth
    This is just kicking someone that is already down.  Regardless of how you feel about this game, this action on them is wrong.  Sure laugh now...until it happens to a game you like and want to play.

This is pretty much how I feel. Regardless of whether or not the game was ready for release or if the developers are under fire for ostensibly "misadvertising" their game, NO ONE should wish server attacks like this. Just my personal opinion.

Suzie you understate the sort of stunt they pulled.  "Misadvertising" their game is being far too generous, and since they have essentially admitted to doing such there is no need to put it in quotes.  You can say it as it is - They DID misadvertise their game.

Regardless of the crap the studio pulled, this type of an attack should not be supported in general terms. There are always consequences for any criminal action. People keep doing this kind of crap and we will see more SOPA type bills trying to be passed in various governments around the world.

The best way to "voice" your opinion towards companies is to vote with your wallet.

I would imagine some are afraid to vote with their wallets in this case considering War Z devs threatened players asking for refunds. 

• kindred374kindred374 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I love it  a new year and still now one has noe huminity left to say nothing nice to no one, May be god should pray for us. with all the negitive commits i read above. at least some people try redeam them selves . even some forgive and forget.
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by Kaneth

SOPA wasn't a bill about hacking. It was to stop sites from Pirating copyrighted properties.

I condone these attacks against STUPID and GREEDY and MALICIOUS companies. Sergey deserves to be shut down and never develop a game ever again.

• tamas94tamas94 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by MasterKush818

once you figure out money isnt everything them come back and reply.

Of course money is everything... It controls everything and everyone...

What do you think, for what other reason could have Sergey done this scam than money?

• AchroAchro Member Posts: 5
    Another sad lie concocted by their PR interns to paint them as the victim, rather than as the villain.
    money only controls one thing. and thats fear. happy new year and welcome to the reservation slaves.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I dont condone this type of retaliation but I also wonder how much truth there is to this hacker claim.  To me, it is just as possible that Sergy and Co screwed up some code and are blaming it on hackers.  Just like they lied about the reason the game was removed from steam.  The whole thing is sad either way.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    It's a publicity stunt to get websites talking about the game again (any news is good news) but this time have them feel sorry for them.. these guys are ruthless.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Konner920
    Its funny because no one likes this game. And this is probably the only time the entire MMORPG community doesn't argue about it.

Nothing brings the gaming community together like a good cyber attack.

I self identify as a monkey.

• darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    BRING IT TO THE GROUND!
  • Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

this game is only gonna bleed money and continue to do so untill finally its going to be forced to do a kickstarter or be shut down....we can only hope.

maybe they shoudnt have pissed off over 3/4 of the gaming community none of this would have happend but obviously they pissed off the wrong ppl and didnt give them a refund back.

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Why does MMORPG insist on using those fake screnshots when talking about this game. That is not representative of the game and it looks hardly anything like that. How much is Hammerpoint paying you guys?
This discussion has been closed.